Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • singlespeed vs full suss.
  • genesis
    Free Member

My singlespeed is having its forks serviced so am forced to use my geared fs bike for the time being. When I take it out I find I'm fishing for the right gear and mushing through stuff and cheating rather than actually riding it.
    Is it just me? Or have I just been riding the ss too much?

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I've been running my SS for about three weeks now, and am new to the game. I find it provides a balance to my riding. I do a two-hour ride on the SS and feel I'm benefiting from the workout I'm getting, then I jump on the FS and feel more confident than ever on the downhills, as it feels that bit more capable than the bike I last rode.

I'm loving the fact that with my flat/SPD pedals on the SS, I can bomb down to the shops on it, nip into town or go off on a two-hour ride (which is the fitness-equivalent of a three-hour FS ride), when I haven't got the time for a longer ride.

Do both SS and FS – thoroughly recommended.

tazzymtb

I'm much more aggressive on the climbs on the ss, it just feels wrong to sit and spin up long climbs on a gearie now. My oingly boingly bike gets used for long days in the mountains but for anything else* ss all the way!!

* except racing/events where i use a slinky hardtail, but that doesn't count as riding, it's just masochism in lycra 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jedi

use whichever/whatever. bikes rock!

running as ss? lol

genesis
    Free Member

No running, in fact no anything this weekend – hyper extended my knee while out running on Tues! Entered a Triathlon next year so was trying to get some training done, guess my legs are built for biking not running.

jedi

not good. healing vibes 🙂

genesis
    Free Member

Thanks. How was the veggie brekkie?

jedi

todays product 🙂

ps, genesis, the brekkie rocked!

genesis
    Free Member

Nice berm, and thanks 🙂

jedi

i meant to post that pic on my what to do thread 🙁

genesis
    Free Member

lol

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘singlespeed vs full suss.’ is closed to new replies.