Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Singlespeed Hardnut Hardtail?
  • balfa
    Free Member

Searching for singlespeed hardtail frames setup for big forks with slack head angles. Will be running a rohloff so not actually singlespeed but i'd rather not run a tensioner. This will be an only bike so needs to be fairly practical and comes in a 19-20" frame size.

So far the list is a little minimal,

Nicolai Argon (Bit pricey!)
    Transition Trans AM (anyone ridden one of these?)
    Santa Cruz Chameleon (Again a bit pricey!)

Any others out there?

bullheart
    Free Member

Whyte 19

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Cotic Simple can run up to 130mm, is that big enough?

balfa
    Free Member

Head angle is 70deg on the soul same as my current Mk1 PA. Looking for something slacker and maybe burlier. I think my search may be fairly futile.

psychle
    Free Member

Would sir be looking for something like this perhaps? 8)

Though perhaps without the silly 'Big Apple' balloon tyres… 😆

not exactly a singlespeed of course… hammerschmidt + alfine 😉

Frizzer
    Free Member

Evil Sovereign?
    (I know it's got no chain and gear cable – awaiting the last bits to finish it to arrive from CRC)

Kahurangi

P7 for burliness and sliding dropouts?

ir_bandito off these parts had a rolhoff'd Cotic Simple and the rear wheel wouldn't stay put – needed tugs both sides so he got a Thorn Raven Enduro instead.

stoney
    Free Member

Pace 305…

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

+1 Evil Sovereign.
    I wish I could afford Alfine for mine – I reckon it'd be brilliant.

Pretty much fits the bill though, and you will be extremely hard pressed to find anything that's more fun to ride (that's what it's all about right?)

Norton
    Free Member

I've got a new & unbuilt Woodman D m/l frame for sale if you are looking for a more budget option. Slidey dropouts 1.5 headtube etc (google for pics). £400 inc Sherman breakout plus 20mm, Orbit extreme pro headset, spacers and stem all new and never built into bike.

balfa
    Free Member

I'd love a Soverign but I just don't think the large would be big enough for xc duties being 6'4. Plus its not exactly cheap either!

Thanks for the offer Norton but again think it would be a litle on the small side.

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

get your legs shortened and get a Sovereign. It'll be a slow painful recovery from the surgery but ultimately worth it.

Lifer
    Free Member

NS Bikes? They make hardtails for long forks with horizontal dropouts, and they're a good price. I had a geared Bitch for a while, great fun but a bit small for all day stuff, think they make some bigger ones now though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Singlespeed Hardnut Hardtail?’ is closed to new replies.