Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Single Speed – What does yours weigh?
  • letmetalktomark

Still hung up on the weight thing … Yawn 🙄 😆

Humor me though 😉

What does yours weigh & what is its spec … e.g. 29er, rigid etc?

Pics (as always) will be most appreciated.

RealMan
    Free Member

Not sure of exact weight, but not much. Could do weight lighter forks/cranks/handlebars.

That chainring probably weighs at least a couple of kilos though.

njee20
    Free Member

Bet my Fuel weighs less than that 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

24lbs dead, so not really very light. Appropriate to my weight and riding style though.

Ti456, reba SL 120s with maxle. Stans flow/pro2's.

normal bars and less spacers, but otherwise the same as this:

steve_b77
    Free Member

Mine is a 2010 Genesis iO, replaced the stock rigid forks wih a set of Tora 302's initially – but they were shite & heavy and lacked a bar mounted lockout- so I put my Reba Races on there.

Other than that the bike is stock and runs Ignitor exception or Bonty Mud X's both lighter than the OE Wire Bead 2.2" Mountain Kings.

OE weight is 24.6lbs, with the Toras it was up to 27lbs, with the Rebas it's 25.5lbs

Can't get on flickr for some reason so no pics sorry

trail_rat
    Free Member

18.5lbs of carbon lovelyness .. for the hard of sight amongst you its 26 inch wheels with 1.8 mud tires on and rockshox sid teams with world cup internals

Goes fast too – won 2 short course events in that guise over winter and 4th in solo at strathpuffer 24

RealMan
    Free Member

Bet my Fuel weighs less than that

Its probably ~22lbs.

trail_rat
    Free Member

his fuel weighs less then 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

Bet mines faster though 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

probably – according to someone on here nicks to busy taking photos of it to impress us before selling it to be any good on his bike….

it has gears anyway so isnt counted !

njee20
    Free Member

Bet mines faster though

I suspect it is around a skate park! As Terry says though, I never actually ride it, just take photos of it, then sell it!

yesiamtom
    Free Member

27 pounds for on one 26er, 18 inch frame, exotic carbon forks. Im let down by my wheelset i think. They are standard deore hubs front and rear, non butted spokes, xm317 front rim and a mach1 rear rim. Also standard deore crankset so not the lightest there.

Goes up to 30 poudns with fox 130mm's and a nobby nic up front…mmmmhmmm.

RealMan
    Free Member

Skate park? With that chainring?

njee20
    Free Member

That looks fun! I'd have a go on the Fuel.

Black
    Free Member

Ti 29er rigid SS – 20 lbs.

singlespeedstu

Mine's so light it keeps floating off and getting stuck in low hanging branches. 🙄

No idea how much it weighs and don't care either. 8)

letmetalktomark

I want a go on trail rat's bike 8)

Cheers for the figures & pics

Loving the Jones too – floaty light 😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

18 year old Kona Cindercone, P2 forks, Velocity quill stem, DX vees, cheap wheels I got from Retrobike with Bonty rims, Parallax hubs and Bony Mud X rear (Becasue it fits, not a lot of room there!) and Jones ACX front tyres, LX HT2 cranks, 540 SPDs, cheap seatpost, Charge Spoon, and some VERY cheap bars off my Carerra commuter

– 23.5 lbs all up, which isn't to shabby.

I guess I could fairly easily drop 1lb off that, but that's defeating the point of a budget (£157) bike, and it feels so light and nimble anyway I can't see the point! 🙂

D0NK

Where's that realman? I can't jump for toffee but a few goes round there might improve my crashing technique a bit.

firestarter
    Free Member

loads but then so do i so it dont matter 😉

tazzymtb

29er with a u turn frankenfork 9.9kg so about 22lb ish is old money. I still go up hills at the pace of an asthmatic snail with heavy shopping though, so it's not a performance benefit it any way

sofaking
    Free Member

Mine's so light it keeps floating off and getting stuck in low hanging branches.

good job you weigh about 18stone then 😆

yesiamtom
    Free Member

Donk, that track is in gosport near portsmouth/southampton.

Ive tried it on a mountain bike and its just not that rideable, i guess if you were very good at jumping or just wanted to pump it would be okay. Looks much more fun on a bmx 😀 which i dont havE 🙁

epicyclo

9.7kg 29er rigid SS on bike shop scales

Nezbo
    Free Member

I have just converted my Orange Clockwork (2007 reisue) to a SS. Not go a pic of it yet, but it is never going to be lite. she was 28lb as a geared, she is now 26lb as a SS without peddles.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Scandal 29er 23lb on the nose

RealMan
    Free Member

Ive tried it on a mountain bike and its just not that rideable, i guess if you were very good at jumping or just wanted to pump it would be okay. Looks much more fun on a bmx which i dont havE

It is very rideable on a 26", you just have to drop the saddle as much as possible. But yeah, it is faster and more fun on a bmx. And yes, its in Rowner, Gosport. And its just had an upgrade so its now a national standard track, which means its even longer.

speaker2animals

18" Voodoo Wanga, 26" with White Industry freewheel and Surly/DT Swiss wheels, Pace RC31 forks – 23lbs. LX square taper crank and BB. Also USE suspension seatpost. Don't think I could get it much lighter. Think most of the weight is in the frame. But as I weigh 103kg does it really matter?

Inbred 69er

Never weighed it, never will.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

One of my constant bugbears on here is quoted weights, the below, a 3.5Lb frame running a much better spec than pictured never got under 20Lbs on my scales

Maybe I'll try the wifes scales next time, I think it's possible those might under weigh 😉

Hornet600
    Free Member

My only bike at the moment!
    Really good fun, not sure on weight but not really interested!
    On-One carbon fork, DT Swiss XR1 wheelset (X1800), FSA K-Force Bars

Jase
    Free Member

Have a Cotic Simple that weighs just under 22lb.

Hornet600
    Free Member

I know it's very light when putting in and out the car!
    It flies around Thetford forest and imho probably the best type of bike for Thetford.

letmetalktomark

@ Hornet600

Thought I had seen that bike before 🙂

Another Thetford/Brandon rider

clunker

too busy riding to get the scales out but I would estimate early 20's few less spacers might help 😳

rOcKeTdOg

no idea of weight, less than when it had 27 gears on it though

Hornet600
    Free Member

@ letmetalktomark

I raced it twice this year during the winter series, Thetford and Tunstall.
    Considering using it for D2D, but running solo again this year, so not sure!
    What do you ride? You a regular evening or weekend rider?

letmetalktomark

Hornet600 – Member

@ letmetalktomark

Weekends usually. Not that organized to get there weekday evenings 😳 only just live down the road in BSE too!

I'll be out this weekend (probably Sunday) so will keep an eye out 🙂

Marin
    Free Member

Very Heavy.
    15 year old Claud Butler frame.
    Forks off a found, stolen,(presumed) partly stripped bike in the park.
    Front wheel swapped for a pint.
    Back wheel lord knows!
    Chain from a flour mill conveyor belt(thanks Nigel)
    Other bits from the junk bin kept in the parents garage.
    Mudguards are pretty shiny though.

Does the job very well of a city hack about and is a good 'larf to ride about bike.
    Not worth taking a picture of.

Hornet600
    Free Member

letmetalktomark – Member

Hornet600 – Member

@ letmetalktomark

Weekends usually. Not that organized to get there weekday evenings only just live down the road in BSE too!

I'll be out this weekend (probably Sunday) so will keep an eye out

I live 5 miles just out Bury, do you race for Flow racing?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Single Speed – What does yours weigh?’ is closed to new replies.