Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • since you have joined STW……..
  • footflaps

Houns
    Where shall I start? At the beginning I suppose!

Your dating at the gym thread was a true classic…..

bearnecessities

The establishment?!

fd3chris
    Free Member

And there is me thinking this place is full of p taking heartless barstewards. Seems we do like helping each other in way more important things than bikes too.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup, the established posters.

jamj1974

Yup, the established posters.

Seems a bit harsh…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Maybe, but having been here a while, I kinda understand the “personality”

Obvs eh.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Met Teasel who lives down the road from me

Harry_the_Spider

I kinda prefer the established crowd on here

I’ve met some of them. They are mostly ####s. 😉

Bunnyhop

Half the time I’m not sure what you chaps are going on about, you all seem to be extremely clever, good at making meals that a top restaurant would be proud of, stwers make me laugh and a few are irritating.
    Mostly the advice (especially health) is the best.

One of my closest friends is a girl I met on a pooks pootle, she has been a riding buddy, a shoulder to cry on, a very funny person, I couldn’t imagine life without her now.

After 10 years I’m hooked.

enfht
    Free Member

I learned that BermBandit is, in fact, not French after all. And (unrelated) calling soppy idiots ‘gaylords’ is a hate crime.

jonba
    Free Member

I was introduced to this place by Fruit before he was Fruit shortly after I bought my first bike back in 2004.

I’m behind the curve, I still own a rigid singlespeed inbred.

I’ve have had help with all sorts of other issues from bikes and rides to building work to flying to Ulanbataar.

It isn’t quite google but is quite close to how “ask jeeves” should have worked.

iancity1
    Free Member

Instead of my first click when I go online being Bluemoon, or Strava, or any other forum..its now always, without fail, this place. Its been known for me to pop online for 2 minutes, then look through this forum and 5 hours later…

I have laughed, cried, got annoyed, been surprised, been shocked, sent to links that were fantastic and I have saved, sent to links that god will strike me down for, been educated, been enthralled, been disturbed, been disgusted, shared posts, shared pictures, shared stories, contacted my pensions dept as a result of a specific post on here etc etc etc

In a nutshell this place is amazing 🙂

scotroutes

iancity1 – Member
    Instead of my first click when I go online being Bluemoon, or Strava, or any other forum..its now always, without fail, this place. Its been known for me to pop online for 2 minutes, then look through this forum and 5 hours later…
    I have laughed, cried, got annoyed, been surprised, been shocked, sent to links that were fantastic and I have saved, sent to links that god will strike me down for, been educated, been enthralled, been disturbed, been disgusted, shared posts, shared pictures, shared stories, contacted my pensions dept as a result of a specific post on here etc etc etc
    In a nutshell this place is amazing

but it’s still not worth £15 per year?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Helped me find out about CX bikes and ride again after knee injury.

Helped me sell a few bits too and get loads advice.

Post a dodgy question troll but just the once! 😉

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

I have acquired an Ibertal mc2 as a direct result of this forum.

epicyclo

scotroutes – Member
    ‘iancity1 – Member
    …In a nutshell this place is amazing”
    but it’s still not worth £15 per year?

Damn you Scotroutes. Your evil twin druidh would never have guilt tripped me like that.

Resubscribed. 🙂

CHB

It’s one of about 5 websites (BBC being another one!) that I look at daily.
    Yes there are pointless arguments, but there are also threads/posts that inspire and I learn stuff frequently.
    It is also the one place that I can be 90% certain that I can ask ANY obscure question and someone will know the answer. For that reason alone I can tolerate much of the tosh that is written.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Since finding STW Forums I have: Gained and sold several bikes, discovered Welsh trail centre riding, moved house, lost friends, found new ones (some of them old ones re-found), calmed down, broken my back, taken to 40-mile-a-day bike commuting, given up 40-mile-a-day bike commuting, had many “interesting” email discussions with the mods, ridden 100 road miles, conquered “Parklife”, been a free advertising output on here for NAIM Audio.

Now I’m about to move to somewhere in the shadow of yer actual mountains with a couple of bikes, changing from CD’s to WiFi streaming for the HiFi and will be posting from Spain.

STW Forums, what a malarkey.

Mugboo

I have found the answer to every question, on any subject, apart from in or out of the EU obviously 🙂

andy8442
    Free Member

I’ve suggested to several people they should consider a Skoda Octavia, though I’d never have one myself, and……..no thats it basically it……..no Mike_D’s camper conversion is truly awesome!

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘since you have joined STW……..’ is closed to new replies.