Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • Silverfish – Haven't found their Mojo yet…..
  • bramblesummer
    Free Member

Admittedly this is probably more to calm me down, but Silverfish haven’t found their Mojo yet…….

Called Silverfish direct for a Fox fork part at lunchtime on Thursday. Confirmed on the phone the part was in stock, 100% in their hands and could be sent guaranteed next day delivery (delivery Friday). Great stuff.

I’m then immediately put on the back foot as I’m advised I can’t place the order. I have to then hang up, go online, create an account, call back, explain to a new person what I want and place the order. OK, it’s understandable, and reconfirmed guaranteed next day delivery. All is good.

Friday lunchtime, all the usual couriers have been to the delivery address (central business location) and no sign of the part. So I thought I’d just call and check a tracking number.

Nice lady takes the call, chats to me for a while about what I need and cuts me off. OK, phones can be a bit wonky on occasion.

Ring back, talk to the same lady again and there is obviously something wrong but not told what, just promised a call back within 30 minutes and left with a feeling of dread.

An hour later I call again as the call back promise have lapsed, now talk to a nice chap, who goes away and confirms the part has not been shipped, it’s in their warehouse (Silverfish warehouse). I give them the opportunity to get it on a Saturday service, and I’m told no chance, they don’t do Saturday deliveries. I’m then told that the part is actually in a pallet of other stuff and they don’t exactly know where it is. Methinks I’ve been fobbed off now.

I’m left in the lurch being told it may be delivered next Tuesday, but they can’t really confirm. Great stuff, I’m now puggered with my plans.

Luckily the Mojo centre then call back at 2.30pm and say they now actually have the part in their hands, but its in Saltash, who close at 2:30pm, who have also now shipped it to an address next week where I won’t be at without asking. Awesome, I could actually have had it picked up if they closed at a normal time and brought to me at my own cost, but I’m stonewalled again.

To say I’m left fuming is an understatement. The fault is 100% on the Silverfish side, not the South Wales Service Centre. Utterly no goodwill gesture to refund the postage cost (I asked and was told no) or any other means of calming the situation down and accept any responsibility.

Actually feel pretty positive about my dealings with Fisher at least. Come back Mr. Porter, please?

Big-Bud
    Free Member

what was needed so urgently

steel4real
    Free Member

Exactly – and this is such a big deal because ?

Stupid.is
    Free Member

wwaswas

Synopsis:

Distributer that’s been operational for 3 days in mild cock-up.

tomhoward

Are you a trade or retail customer?

New disti not quite up to speed after a week shocker

amedias
    Free Member

what was needed so urgently

Is that important? If the agreement was that the part would be shipped for next day delivery then they’ve failed. They then failed to sort it out or offer any kind of alternative. It doesn’t matter what the part was or the reason for it if they agreed to post for next day delivery.

Yes, but if you’re not up to proper operating mode then you need to be careful. If you can’t deliver on your promise, don’t promise. If it’s one of those infrequent situations where you genuinely cocked-up then say sorry, and try and find a way to sort it out.

It’s one of those cases where stuff goes wrong, people understand that, but it’s how you then put it right that’s important.

Exactly – and this is such a big deal because ?

All the fobbing off, unfulfilled promises and lack of attempt to fix it would be my guess…

Even being promsied a callback adn then not getting it can turn a ‘not bothered’ situation into an annoyance.

bigjim

Why aren’t they discussing this in parliament?

Andy

All the fobbing off, unfulfilled promises and lack of attempt to says orry would be my guess…

By a new distributor 3 days into operation and a bunch of people who last week didnt know if they even had a job. Perhaps a bit of patience in these circumstances?

Im just very glad its worked out ok for the people at Mojo (and they arent too dampened by this and are bouncy they have rebounded etc etc 😉 )

amedias
    Free Member

By a new distributor 3 days into operation and a bunch of people who last week didnt know if they even had a job. Perhaps a bit of patience in these circumstances?

Yeah, I get that, and I’d cut them some slack, but I can see why the OP got a bit miffed about being given the runaround, can’t you?

Especially given this bit:

Utterly no goodwill gesture to refund the postage cost (I asked and was told no)

Surely “I’m sorry, we’ve cocked up a bit as this is all very new and we’re just getting up and running, I’ll get it out to you as soon as we can and refund the postage” would have gone a long way to sorting the situation out for the OP. The operation might have only just taken on Fox but they’re not a new company/distributor so should have a modicum of sense and experience when it comes to dealing with situations like this.

Andy

Yeah get that, and can see the OPs frustration. Still, its Friday, after their first week and they are probably just glad the week is over, and cant find stuff/dont know what was taken by the previous owners etc etc etc

If it was Amazon or Tesco id be right behind the Op, but maybe these guys need some slack 😀

jimdubleyou

maybe these guys need some slack

Do they sell angled headsets?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Hanging up and creating and account has been required by silverfish ever since I’ve been dealing with them.

The rest is just a cock up.

P-Jay
    Free Member

This is the oddest thing about it to me. Really this sort of thing, apart from the fact that Mojo was so well known, should have been a footnote in the trade press, a boring change of name no one really notices or cares about.

I can’t help but think someone at Mojo had a major toys out of pram moment to cause such a fuss.

amedias
    Free Member

Still, its Friday, after their first week and they are probably just glad the week is over

I’m always glad of a Friday 😀

wwaswas

Sounds like Mojo building being used for maint, parts being despatched from Silverfish HQ so the cock-up was a new distributer not having unpacked new product but taking orders for it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It takes special effort to ignore the obvious and pretend you dont the answer to this.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

It was urgent because of a lack of functional fork (and plans in the diary). I called because it was urgent, explained and sought confirmation. Regardless, urgency didn’t create the cock up at silverfish, their customer service did.

The running around to no avail is my issue, further aggravated by effective dismissal of the topic. I was hoping that there would be a little more customer focused motivation as a new distributor of a product.

toons
    Free Member

Have Silverfish taken over Mojo or just subcontracted the work to Mojo?

The Fox service centre is Mojo’s address.

Wookster

I can see why the OP is pi$$ed. Being guaranteed that the item is there and will be shipped then paying the extra for next day only to be messed about on the phone ( cut off, not called back when told I will be), would have me raging!!

You can’t tell a customer one thing charge them for it then toss it off. That’s Shit€.

As for the creating an account meh wouldn’t bother me!

ransos
    Free Member

Gotta love stw piling in to the OP for no good reason.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

As I understand it:

Silverfish have the stock of parts/forks/shocks etc.

Mojo are the service centre.

Conversations today indicate that they are two separate entities. The Mojo centre seem to have no control over what Silverfish are doing in their warehouse.

This is only as I can gather it between seeing red on numerous phone calls.

edlong
    Free Member

if you’re not up to proper operating mode then you need to be careful. If you can’t deliver on your promise, don’t promise.

This.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

case closed

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hello All

Just to add a little perspective to this.

There was a slight error by one of the staff in S.Wales. That error being that they read the new operating system as saying the part the customer required was in stock whereas in fact it was in the building but still being unpacked.
    An error I admit, but with new systems, new stock locations, a busy week – you can see how it happens.

Now, I was personally informed of this at 14:00 today. I then went and unpacked some boxes, located the part the customer required, did a one off transfer to add that part to stock, packed it and dispatched it today. In fact, it actually missed our courier collection so our Logistics Manager drove it to the APC depot to ensure it shipped.

If its gone to an incorrect address then that’s news to me, I sent it to the address the customer stipulated when placing the order on line.

So in summary, yeah an error occurred and I apologise. Did we resolve it? I think so, we certainly did everything in our power to do so.

Why? Because its good customer service and that’s what we try to achieve, however, I will say this – I very nearly didn’t, reason being I really dont appreciate a customer telling our staff that if we don’t do it they will ‘flame us on the forums’.
    Seems that just happens anyway….

I hope the part arrives in time for whatever you have planned bramblesummer.

Cheers

Richie

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Also – there was no charge for next day delivery and there still isn’t.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Richie- I’m honestly more incensed now than I was earlier since you have added those points. There is a woeful miscommunication based on a number of critical points explained to the three staff involved so far (excluding yourself).

There are two phone numbers and an email address on file for myself (plus a PM system and email in my STW profile). I’ve made repeat contact to resolve the situation, and Silverfish have not delivered on the gaurentee originally given. Perhaps contacting me directly to discuss the failure of your buisness, while gaining a number of other facts, would have been more appropriate? I would urge caution on misquoting my conversation to twist it into a different light.

P.S. – if £6.95 was not for the next day delivery then what was it for?

Shandy
    Free Member

This is serious internet business.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Lol, what a clownshoe. It’s a part of a **** bike FFS. Get some perspective and PTFD.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Biscuits anyone

Pulls up chair

trail_rat
    Free Member

This has potential to LINGer around the top of the board for a while 🙂

tomhoward

I was getting withdrawal symptoms from the Ling thread too… not sure I have the emotional capacity to go through all that again, try to keep it under 50 pages eh guys?

TheGingerOne

Wow!

teethgrinder

bramblesummer – Member
    Richie- I’m honestly more incensed now than I was earlier

Looks like there might be a myrrh-der about to be committed.

stu170
    Free Member

Ling part two……

mehr
    Free Member

Shandy – Member
    This is serious internet business.

Pretty much, I just hope the OP can get over this devastating chain of events and try to enjoy his weekend/life

bramblesummer – Member
    Richie- I’m honestly more incensed now than I was earlier since you have added those points

oh

trail_rat
    Free Member

Pretty much, I just hope the OP can get over this devastating chain of events and try to enjoy his weekend/life

If the decals for his forks don’t turn up he will be unable to ride 🙂

TheGingerOne

…error being that they read the new operating system as saying the part the customer required was in stock whereas in fact it was in the building but still being unpacked…

A mistake was made and both ends have been trying to resolve the situation.

In my opinion…
    You are being a c0ckwomble for slating a company on the internet for this.

jonnyboi

I hope I pick the correct winner this time

taxi25
    Free Member

I’ll nor pick sides. But out of interest how was the part sent to the wrong address. Do you have two addresses in their system, and at what point did you specify which one should be used.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Silverfish – Haven't found their Mojo yet…..’ is closed to new replies.