Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • Silverfish – Haven't found their Mojo yet…..
  • nickdavies

Tea and biscuits I think…

Sounds like a cockup that really didn’t need a stw thread but fair enough. Threats of flaming on the forums might see this one run to 10 pages though! 😆

Perhaps contacting me directly to discuss the failure of your buisness

You could probably use some of your own advice there though.

scotroutes

trail_rat – Member
    If the decals for his forks don’t turn up he will be unable to ride

TBF, I don’t think that’s what Richie meant by

one off transfer

🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ba boom tish scotroutes. Here all night…..try the reindeer aye ?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If the decals for his forks don’t turn up he will be unable to ride

😆

mattbee

Hopefully they have put some blood pressure tablets in the package rather than the usual Haribo, I’m worried the op may need them.
    “More incensed”, is it sandalwood to help with your mindfulness routine? Think you need it. Maybe some whale song on the stereo too.

scruff
    Free Member

This thread has actually cheered me up.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Longest thread I think I’ve ever started…..quite enjoying it go past the usual 3 posts…

On the topic of the address…..Original delivery address was given correctly based on the gaurenteed Friday delivery (to somewhere was going to be, or was today I should say).

When asking about Saturday delivery or even next week, I clearly advised another address would need to be used (the lady on that call even confirmed it to be sure). As it turned out, then Saturday couldn’t be done.

As it would happen, Richie has tried to help by sending the part to the original address given for the gaurenteed Friday delivery, which is not where I’d planned to be next week. If he’d called, or the lady I spoke to communicated the incorrect dispatch could have been avoided. I’ve now changed plans again next week to try and call into the delivery address so I can pick it up.

It’s all too late now anyway. I’d like to have a talk with the responsible person next week and clear the air (Ritchie?). It’s overhauled my plans for the weekend somewhat, not sure I’ll live with the deep dissappointment, but it’s a great excuse for an extra bottle of wine tonight…..

wwaswas

out of interest how was the part sent to the wrong out of interest how was the part sent to the wrong address

Did his brother in law place the order?

andyrm
    Free Member

Fair play to Richie jumping in here – and it’s absolutely fair he should have public right to reply and address things if they’ve been raised publicly.

Regardless of the error, I hope to god the OP didn’t do that “I’ll slate you on the forums” thing. That is the lowest of the low and a terrible way to behave, I also hope that where OP says about “seeing red on the phone” doesn’t mean kicking off or being rude. Zero excuse for poor self regulation.

Hope it all works out fine, no doubt it will as the guys at Silverfish are top notch.

But……. Of greater interest, will we see a good quality white knight in this thread like in the Ling one?

bramblesummer
    Free Member

I can honestly say I was not rude on the phone, didn’t swear, didn’t direct any abuse or harm towards any staff member. I did state I was feeling frustrated and that the situation has caused me some consequential grief.

As to the ‘flaming on the forums’ then the exact phrase used, which was actually a question – when I had reached a dead end around 2pm of being blanked was – ‘do I need to use social media to move this case along?’. That question was blanked and we remained at a stalemate with no resolution.

The purpose of this thread, as you’ll see in my first sentence, was more for my own catharsis whilst reporting fact, and at no point is anything written other than fact. Flaming is NOT the intention, I’m a grumpy internet user, and possibly a c0ckwomble……

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I also hope that where OP says about “seeing red on the phone” doesn’t mean kicking off or being rude.

Obviously he’d just spat out his mouth full of Merlot; I think the only excuse for his actions is he must’ve been pissed.

but it’s a great excuse for an extra bottle of wine tonight

LAT

I hope to god the OP didn’t do that “I’ll slate you on the forums” thing

Judging by the completely rational behaviour from the OP, I can’t imagine for a moment that he would have. He just doesn’t come across that way.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

‘do I need to use social media to move this case along?

😆

deffo pissed; you’re on the STW forum FFS!

Fat-boy-fat

@LAT … he he he

bramblesummer
    Free Member

I do pride myself on being ‘cynically calm’ in these situations (I might be raging on the inside, but being a tit gets you nowhere) as you need the people on the other end to help you to resolve the issue.

I’ll be pissed very soon, and it’s Rioja tonight, Merlot is a Thursday thing…..

duir
    Free Member

Never mind all that, check out their prices on fork/shock servicing! Are they trying to put people off?

For my Bike : Fox 36 £119/Fox X2 £139……..£258 per year!

£60 more than TF? Surely this must be a typo on the Silverfish website?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

£258 per year!

Crikey you could service buy a car for that.

pinetree
    Free Member

Never mind all that, check out their prices on fork/shock servicing! Are they trying to put people off?

Prices are the same as they were with mojo.

tdog
    Free Member

Let’s get a little perspective on this for a mo!

Part for fork ordered, item is stored in a warehouse , yes a WAREHOUSE!
    What part is the op not registering that anything to do with bikes, parts and tiny pieces of plastic/metal/rubber is highly difficult to get to in a hurry even if the WAREHOUSE is well organised.

Basically having worked for a warehouse in the bicycle charity form, I fully understand how Richie and his team feel having located your piece of desired material item to then send on to you as you paid the postage, all’s fair.

A little compassion for those/us mere mortals who work in the bike trade as they also have to do a load more tasks than specifically finding just your item.
    Of course they’re might be teething issues with the whole Mojo deal breaking off to Silverfish and that’s ok, because guess what life doesn’t run any smoother than your so called bloody forks. Phew, at least that cider is kicking in now to allow me to type this.

IT REALLY NEEDN’T BE SAID

bruneep

dhrider
    Free Member

Have we discovered what this urgent part actually is yet?

IF you paid for postage I agree it should be refunded, I am not sure that Richies post was also the right thing to do as it doesn’t paint Silverfish in the best light but then I suppose when you are backed into a corner due to a one sided thread on the internet thats what happens.

Given they have only been taking orders on Fox parts for a couple of days errors / delays are to be expected until they are up and running. It was pretty silly making plans based on having something to fix your bike until you had it in your hand. Even if Silverfish had dispatched it on time there could have been a delay with the courier.

It is pretty lame to threaten a company with social media, and in most cases i’d imagine it will make the person on the other end of the phone more reluctant to help as you then sound like a keyboard warrior. Be nice and you will get sorted.

Splash-man
    Free Member

As a different prospective, I run a distributor company, slightly different in that we have direct competitors selling some of the same products.
    Customer service is absolutely key, if a promise is made it should’ve delivered on.
    All my goods are properly located by location code but I’m guessing Silverfish haven’t had the time to do this.
    That means returning phone calls within agreed timescales, goods packed and despatched on-time.
    If in any doubt at all, call his customer and discuss a solution.
    I’m sure a Saturday am delivery could have been made, most couriers offer this service, just costs a little extra.

This is he service my company gives our customers, I expect the same back.

tomhoward

interested what the OP had planned on doing if a replacement disti hadnt been sorted before he needed to ring them, an advance flaming?

jonnyboi

In this case it seems like a straight no would have been preferable for all concerned than a soft yes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

What part is the op not registering that anything to do with bikes, parts and tiny pieces of plastic/metal/rubber is highly difficult to get to in a hurry even if the WAREHOUSE is well organised.

yes that is the whole point of a warehouse its a storage system that makes it really hard to find things within it. Do you run the One One warehouse by any chance?
    It seems here than Silverfish did their best given the transformation currently and I can see both sides here. The moral here is never order things you need in a hurry as things like this happen we have all learnt this the hard way I assume

RickDraper
    Free Member

TBH this is all easily solved. Silverfish should just do as per ZyroFisher and most other distributors and only sell through authorised retailers.

tdog
    Free Member

@ junkyard – not onone as they are a larger outfit that are purely for profit.

The warehouse I worked in was a charity with major flaws owned by a twisted narcissistic couple whose greed meant me leaving when I started, I were expecting to help children in Africa to travel miles to schooling by bicycle not by foot!
    A complete mockery of the public that donate along with many volunteers time including my own.
    Wiggle used to donate thousands of stock items shop soiled stuff which the owners of said charity cashed in on.

Ooooo I feel a separate thread coming on.

DanW
    Free Member

I am mystified why anyone would rely on a single bike and this type of situation is exactly the reason n+1 exists*

* absolutely for forward planning and not “shiny thing” syndrome honest

tdog
    Free Member

Exactly DanW which is why the op should check out the bikes for sale as ex demo/display on Silverfish’s site.

😆

bigwill
    Free Member

Can I add my 2 pence . I recently ordered some essential bike parts ( a beer cooler and something else that needs doing , I can’t remember) but it was essentially. I ordered next day delivery or something like that because it was so important and was sent my invoice and expected my essential parts to arrive the next day.

A week later I remember that they hadn’t arrived. So I called them up.

To my surprise I was told that they had been sent and had been received and the plot thickens, signed for by myself. Mysterious as I was positive I hadn’t.

At this point silverfish could have said not our problem it went to your address and you signed for it but no, they went beyond the call of duty and using the power of the tinterweb worked out that my wife had signed in my name and deduced she must have squirrelled said parts away, probably because I buy too many bike part.

I recovered said parts from her squirrel stach and enjoyed a cool beer. Excellent customer service silverfish and great detective work.

edlong
    Free Member

The warehouse I worked in was a charity with major flaws owned by a twisted narcissistic couple whose greed meant me leaving when I started, I were expecting to help children in Africa to travel miles to schooling by bicycle not by foot!
    A complete mockery of the public that donate along with many volunteers time including my own.
    Wiggle used to donate thousands of stock items shop soiled stuff which the owners of said charity cashed in on.

If even half of that is half true you should be reporting it: Charity Commission if England..

Charities don’t have ‘owners’ but sometimes founders don’t see it that way. Fortunately there’s quite a bit of law to deal with that.

Apologies for a million miles off topic..

bobbyspangles

Sounds like a right pain. I’ve been in the position where a supplier has let me down and after numerous attempts to be calm and easy going only to be passed from pillar to post without a good resolution. I hope that Silverfish maintain their high level of service and that the op finally receives his part.

legend
    Free Member

If the OP had actually just stated what the part is there’s a good chance someone on the forum could’ve helped him out or pointed him to somewhere else that just-so-happens to have one. Instead he just followed through on his social media threat, so **** him

jam-bo

I love silverfish threads. You know Richie will pop up sooner or later and you get the other side of the story.

chakaping
    Free Member

DanW +1

No sympathy for the kind of person who thinks they only need one MTB.

And as someone who does a bit of work in customer service and social media, I can confirm that making threats and being a smart arse is not how you get what you want.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’m still confused, has Silverfish bought Mojo or stolen it?

tjagain

sounds like silverfish did pretty well in trying to compensate for the original mistake and the OP is an utter idiot for his behaviour

milky1980
    Free Member

I’m siding with Silverfish on this one.

The OP should be very well aware that the distribution of Fox in the UK has just gone through a messy and seismic shift, therefore delays or unavailability of parts are to be expected. From what Richie has said here it sounds like he tried to resolve the situation as best he could but just plain ran out of time, he can only but try! When things do go wrong it’s how a person/company responds that matters, I can’t see anything wrong with what Silverfish tried to do for you.

I’ve actually got one of my bikes laid up due to Mojo going as the shock needs a bit of work. Spoke to Mojo the day this all became public and they advised to wait a bit until they knew the situation. Spoke to TF too and they couldn’t get the parts so it’s been laid up for a while now until I get the work done at a later date. I’ve been using my other bike instead in the meantime which brings me on to this:

I am mystified why anyone would rely on a single bike and this type of situation is exactly the reason n+1 exists.

It’s just riding bikes. Either have a second one as per N+1 or if you’re really desperate borrow a mate’s one (you have one right?) or rent one. I’ve been there too where my only bike at the time was away for a warranty inspection while I had an uplift day booked with friends at BPW and a week off coming up. I rented 3 different bikes over that time so I could go riding. I didn’t come on here slagging off the bike co. or shop for me being unable to ride when I wanted, that’s poor form. I could have been in the same situation from having a crash and breaking the bike. Life doesn’t always go smoothly, it’s part of the charm.

twonks

Massively blown up out of all proportion, but as a result of both sides not being realistic.

The OP is a bit silly for expecting somthing to be sorted overnight in order to avoid scuppering plans made for only a day later.

If something broke in the suspension then trying to fix it quickly is ok but one has to accept that it will probably not happen so change of plans needed.

From the Silverfish angle, they are perhaps trying too hard to keep everything ‘the same’ for the customer. Many many time we are told in the world of sales that ‘Our problems are not the customers’ and that changes must appear seamless.

However, in the real world the crap behind the scenes in these scenarios really does prevent that happening. What should have been said was, ‘We are sorry but due to the change of system/warehouse/company/anything, we can not gaurentee the shipment of any order within ‘x’ days.

If this is said right at the start then the OP would have been disgruntled but would have hopefully understood and tried other solutions.

Either way, mountain and molehill spring to mind. Nobodies life is in danger, so why let it get so ridiculous.

akira

Getting both sides of a story is always interesting, last night twenty minutes after closing and as we were all leaving a guy knocks on the door. We tell him were closed and he asks of we have siding shoes, we say no and then he starts to ask us what we think of two different models. In his mind we were probably unreasonable to not stay and chat to him about the benefits of each model buy in our mind the shop was open for 12 hours for him to chat to us about shoes.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Silverfish – Haven't found their Mojo yet…..’ is closed to new replies.