Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • SICK to death of our kids school begging for money!!!
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

project if you want to criticise someone for their spelling better work on your own first we got this in your very next post

wuindows

academys

rattleing

What you said was ridiculous. Pay for parking …yes there is no free parking just ourtside any school on the road is there. Subsidise your employer FFS. Turn off the lights. Genius they never thougt of that one. Ours lights up like Blackpool illuminations 24/7.
    It is annoyng payinmg for extras for your kids education but there is value to it. I was reluctant at first and thought as Hora did but it benefits my kids so it is worth it.
    Poddy your mother would be sacked today …not saying she was a bad teacher I have no idea but you just cannot pass an OFSTED inspection without lesson plans. Calling someone there to inspect you sonny is not very wise.. I really doubt that is true or anything other than bravado.
    Why not become a teacher if it is so f@cking easy I mean it is not so much dealing with unmotivated chavs with no displine and late night working so much as it is a 9-3 working day with loads of holidays. give up your hard IT jobs and go do something easier eh?
    Yours ex teacher

mrgibbons
    Free Member

TJ acadamies are part funded by the private sector so they funf the costs,and put in viable buissness plans to to raise money and promote growth.

PFI and PPI. Ahh yes. The darlings of Conservative thinking, mutilated and enjoying every kickback under the sun courtesy of New Labour genius.

Project – You've never read Private Eye have you, or the Oxford English dictionary? – Business, academies, fund.

Given the line I've quote you as writing above, I'm going to guess you're a sub-30 something who took GCSE economics.

It's a shame you never progressed beyond that.

Now do everybody a favour, and pipe down. Or better. Shut up.

Thanks.

project
    Free Member

Monkeeknutz – Member
    A lot of your ideas are already in place Project; schools do recycle all kinds of stuff, the darkroom I built with no funds was entirely built from recycled materials, the computer I use is ex-ICT, the pens and pencils I use day in day out are not regularly replaced but I supply lots from home.

Do you want to charge for parking for staff? That's just not going to happen, why would I pay to park at work? Wage cuts? This isn't some private sector job that doesn't really matter, this is the future of our society and people would simply not do the job for less, it's not actually always very nice teaching in inner city schools but it does need doing.

Posted 1 day ago # Report-Post

Strangely nearly all Hospitals charge the staff for parking, and also i get free pens from the local trade depots.

Oh and local councils have been given permission to introduce workplace parking fees for all employers.

sc-xc

Strangely nearly all Hospitals charge the staff for parking

That's quite some statement. My wife ( nurse) has worked at several hospitals…and never had to pay. Point me in the direction of some facts.

Oh and local councils have been given permission to introduce workplace parking fees for all employers

I work in the public sector, across many Councils. Again, please give me some details.

Apart from that…great post.

project
    Free Member

Hospitals that charge staff to park try googleing this for details

Workplaxe parking levies
    http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/research/briefings/snbt-00628.pdf

Always pleased to produce the evidence,please check your facts, as just because you dont know about something its not going to happen, as ignorance is no excuse in law.

convert

so….

1. How much do you think you could raise from each staff member parking then and what sized dent do you think that would make in the budget of your average sized school?

2. Have you noticed how for some strange reason the average school tends to be placed in residential areas – weird isn't it! Would you like to hazard a guess at how many employees would circumvent your fund raising scheme by parking elsewhere?

Not sure it's really going to work for you! Also, and I'm guessing now, I'm assuming you have not spent much time inside a school since you were a pupil. Until you have you probably don't realise how much these places are run on the goodwill of the employees doing above and beyond their contracted duties/responsibilities. Your petty measures would destroy this and in the long term cost money rather than save it.

Schools could save some cash that's for sure and turning off more lights and sorting out antiquated heating systems would be a good, visible, place to start I guess. There are many other areas too. Teaching and non teaching staff time spent employed to do the things you would have thought parents should be doing would help. Regarding state school teachers' pay – I always though they got me pretty cheap (I have now gone to the dark side)! A load of real world experience, a first class degree, national awards as a student & plenty of unsolicited offers but I stuck to my guns and did the teaching thing. Whilst I chose the job for the vocation, have the longer holidays & pension are the only reasons they got me so cheap I guess. The only way I justified earning as little as I did compared to less capable friends that took other career paths was to think of my salary as pro rata. If I had worked more weeks per year they would have had to pay more or I would have found another path. If you were to pay less than they currently do in the context of other comparable jobs the quality of staff would plummet. After our **** compatriots that chose personal gain and the banking sector instead of teaching royally naused up the economy I'm assuming we will all feel the financial pain as local government cut back, teachers included.

As an aside, I'm told parents in my part of the world are now on average paying more than £5ph for nursery places. For that you do get a better staff:pupil ratio admittedly but the staff have a fraction of the training and the centre has to have hardly any facilities when compared to that of a school (esp secondary)or do any of the pastoral care. School bursars can only dream of a fraction of that that sort of money to spend. You want to look into running a nursery Project – that's where the money is!

wrightyson
    Free Member

@cletus, thankyou for finally understanding the gist of my original post. As I said before it's not about the money because we always pay, it's about the constant request for it and the fact as i've said before some people who never pay!
    Oh, and to the two blokes who's kids go to private school, look at you mr big shots!
    Do they board as well? Always thought that was a great way to bring up socially inept children!!

bruneep

project – Member

Workplaxe parking levies

Always pleased to produce the evidence,please check your facts, as just because you dont know about something its not going to happen, as ignorance is no excuse in law.

As is posting shite

I take it you never read the pdf doc?

From that pdf link.

There is, therefore, no legislative basis for a workplace parking levy in Scotland

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the two blokes who's kids go to private school, look at you mr big shots!

Do they board as well? Always thought that was a great way to bring up socially inept children!!

As opposed to your belief that sending children to a school with "chav kids" provides them with social skills and a well-rounded outlook ?

And yet you now say :

"@cletus, thankyou for finally understanding the gist of my original post. As I said before it's not about the money because we always pay, it's about the constant request for it and the fact as i've said before some people who never pay!"

So really all you're complaining about, is what you mentioned in your original post, ie :

"all the chav kids whose parents spend their money on fags and cider"

I think you really need to make your mind up mate. You either, want your kids to go to a posh school with no riff raff or, you would prefer that they did.

Why don't just send your kids to a private school wrightyson ? There at least, all the parents pay the same amount.

Except for the scholarship kids of course……………..you could have a good **** moan about them.

richmars

wrightyson,
    I wouldn't say I'm a big shot, just someone who's been a bit lucky, saved hard, stopped doing a few things and as a result we're able to make the choice to go private, one advantage of which is that all the other pupils want to be there, and the parents fully support them, which seems to be what you're moaning about.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

just someone who's been a bit lucky, saved hard, stopped doing a few things and as a result we're able to make the choice to go private

There you go wrightyson……..see ?

Stop spending your money on bikes and beer, and then perhaps you'll be able to provide your kids with something better, instead of complaining and expecting others to do it for you.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ha ha ha ernie lynch (I'd like to), you seem to have got me all wrong! My op was complaining about being constantly asked for donations, we always give and as I said previously some never do! I have got no problem with anyone doing well and having the money for private education, I just don't like it when people give it large! And to note the school my children go to is regarded as one of the best in the county, so why pay to send them. I'm sure private schools have their fair share of chavs, parents with new money etc. Oh and regarding me, I do like a beer your right, but run just one bike which was just over a grand! I have no flash gear and all our spare money is spent on our kids! Direct your flames elsewhere! Seems project is possibly a likely candidate 🙂

sc-xc

project – Member

Workplaxe parking levies

So. You think that asking me to Google something is producing evidence?

And reading the document adds nothing whatsoever to the point you are trying to make.

landy813
    Free Member

wrightyson I agree with you, my children used to go to a primary school which borders a posh part of town and a shite hole. It really gets my goat that I have to pay extra (agreed upon at the PTA & parent governors meetings)to subsidies the children of the less well off, as the school admits it doesn't get enough cash from the local authority. It wouldn't bother too much if the less well off were not like the wasters off shameless smacked off their tits most of the time, but they are.
    On the plus side my daughters get to mix it up with all kinds of people and backgrounds which i think helps them socially develop faster and have a more open out look on life.

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘SICK to death of our kids school begging for money!!!’ is closed to new replies.