Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Showers pass jackets anyone?
  • ton

looking for a new weatherproof jacket. in mansize.
    showers pass are from the good old USA, and therefore come in proper mansizes.
    anyone got one?

medoramas
    Free Member

I’ve got one, but I’m not sure if you’re looking for opinions or you want to buy it from someone 😆

satchm00
    Free Member

I had a look yesterday and it did put me off not being able to find a uk distributor.

I couldn’t tell from the pictures if an XL that fits or an on one style XL which is actually a Medium…

ton

just wondering about quality.
    seem to have plenty of options.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They do some excellent eVent jackets. Had a look in an outdoor shop in the US a while back (REI?) and was suitably impressed. Didn’t need one at the time, but good looking kit.

Have a look at Mountain Equipment Coop as well, Ton. Good value kit.

JoB
    Free Member

satchm00 – Member
    I had a look yesterday and it did put me off not being able to find a uk distributor.

alwaysriding.co.uk seem to have a fair bit

or

Contact Showers Pass UK
    Phone: 07541 069760
    Email: fraser@showerspass.com

Nipper99
    Free Member

Ghyll Cycles in Ambleside sell them. I bought a US Event one from there. Excellent jackets – they do appear to be going for a more euro fit. First jacket was a US large and a perfect fit, the second was a UK sourced large and too small so sold to on here and ill be getting an xl.

medoramas
    Free Member

I’ve got the Skyline Softshell jacket. I’ve had it for about 18 months already. It’s one of the best bits of cycling kit I’ve ever bought, honestly! Even though it’s in the mid-range in their waterproofness marking it withstands very heavy rain with no problems – this jacket actually made me believe in “waterproof gloves” again, as they work now, because no water gets into them through the sleves…

I’ve got L, all my cycling stuff is L and it fits good, with plenty of room for extra layers, but not too baggy. The overall quality is perfect – the jacket has some hard times during colder seasons and all it shows is the reflective tape on the shoulders starts to peel off a bit in places (I assume it’s because using a rucksack). But the fabric is great, but I look after it (I wash it using NikWax, which is recommended by Showers Pass or using soap nuts).

Pricy but worth it.

Houns

If anything like their gloves then I’d say avoid

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of these Ton.

I just picked up a new Event 2.1 jacket from the classifieds here (Nipper’s) after owning and liking their Event mtb jacket that I think is now discontinued.

They are really well designed jackets, lots of vents and taped seams. Long enough in the back for someone like me.

Their warranties are really good from what I’ve heard. They are popular jackets with audax riders in the Pacific Northwest, they know a bit about rain up there.

Men's Elite 2.1 Jacket

drovercycles
    Free Member

it did put me off not being able to find a uk distributor.

As above, there is a UK distributor who holds stock. Several retailers dealing with them I believe. Fraser is a decent bloke and very helpful. The jackets look good and I would certainly expect them to perform well. They come across as a very decent company to work with.

singletrackjenn
    Free Member

Very good kit. We’ve had a couple of bits in to test (Rogue hoodie review here) and it’s all been durable and well designed. Sizing is ‘realistic’ too 😉 If you’re at the London show this weekend then the UK distributor is here with lots of stock.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Showers pass jackets anyone?’ is closed to new replies.