Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Show us your tip / skip / dump / rescue bikes
  • geoffj

I’ve just removed a seized seat post from a late 90s vintage Saracen Rufftrax which I rescued from the local dump. Needs a new pair of grips and its good to go.

Show me your rescue bikes!

kaesae
    Free Member

I’ve rescued a few from ebay! and then serviced them so that they run as they should 😀

Any good ❓

Milkie
    Free Member

Found in a collapsed shed:

Chain was rusted, it couldn’t be moved, really the only decent thing was the frame.

Turned into this:

It now has a new front wheel and Tora shocks, quite a nice ride for <£100.

davidjey
    Free Member

I can’t post a pic at work, but heres a link to one.

Now properly singlespeeded without a tensioner. Half link and new sprocket pushed total cost of build into double figures sadly.

Rode into work today on it 😛

simon1975

Ebay £14 full bike (Elswick Ambler – 1981 vintage)

With a bit of paint and some parts bin wheels / cranks / bar / stem / seat, and a cheap new brake, it completed a 500 mile tour last Easter 🙂

Thinking about it, the only original bits are frame, fork, headset and seatpost…

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/7054332/

Early 90s (Reynolds 531ST) 24″ framed roadie bitza donated to me by a mate for free.Actually has a rare Campag Olympus mtb rear mech,old school cranks and Campag aero seatpin.Originally had flat carbon bars,a Nitto quill stem and Campag Olympus grip shifters!

(Sold those bits for £50 and split proceeds with mate.)

Must be the only bike running a Campag rear mech,Shimano cranks,Shimano cassette,SRAM chain and flat pedals!

Revived with a secondhand pair of wheels from a Spesh Allez (£25),a 7 speed cassette (£10),new bb £10),new chain (£8),3T bars from the Halfords bargain bin (cost £2) and a spare stem I had lying around.Actually rides really well depite the looks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Show us your tip / skip / dump / rescue bikes’ is closed to new replies.