Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Show us your sheds/garages…
  • damitamit
    Free Member

Need some inspiration!

albino
    Free Member

Still a work in progress – although I’ve got a funny feeling that progress will be fairly slow now I’ve got the basics sorted.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Work in progress:

Vortexracing

you asked

garage c by eastham_david, on Flickr

SSB_UK
    Free Member

I’ve
    Got
    Garage
    Envy

orena45

Mine’s a bit more modest…

Edit: gah, links won’t work for some reason!

ken_shields
    Free Member

Vortex’s garage is tidier than my house 😯

Mine’s a bit of a sh!t tip at the moment due to a bike building frenzy and also I can’t be 4rsed to tidy it up

Vortexracing

there you go

DSC02503 by orena45, on Flickr

DSC02504 by orena45, on Flickr

and there is a reason for it being tidy Ken, the Mrs tidy’s the house and I do the Garage. 😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Albino…noticed the bolt croppers. Hmmm….

coastkid
    Free Member

the man cave…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSYhSorkhJ8[/video]

snakebite
    Free Member

hhmmm, with the roof box and two BMX’s, a Roadrat, Remedy, Sovereign, WSD 6500, laddos 6500, nippers Giant XTC and the camping gear and another full susser or two to go in, I dont think I will ever have a tidy garage. At least the missus no longer notices new additions…..

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Great video as usual Coastkid

-m-
    Free Member

Anything that’s still got space to park a car doesn’t qualify as a proper garage 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

Think i’ll link to this in the OCD thread!

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Crikey, some tidy sheds on here.

Mine:

oddjob
    Free Member

Albino – those shelves in the old kitchen units aren’t going to last…

MrTall
    Free Member

Albino – if you lock your bikes up in your garage i’d keep the bolt cutter somewhere else!!! No point making it too easy for them.

My garage is tidy as well, despite having 7 bikes in there at the moment. And mine has two layers of carpet and underlay. Don’t like my feet getting cold in there. 😉

Oh, and every garage needs a dart board as well…….

LoCo
    Free Member

Bit messy as these are from when I was setting the workshop up:

IMG00038-20100507-1406 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

IMG00039-20100507-1407 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

IMG00035-20100507-1405 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

workshop by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

LoCo
    Free Member

and the winter project:

IMG00111-20101028-1126 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

Modified Dueler shocks to be fitted on the back!

sssimon
    Free Member

what’s your floor done with LoCo?

doug_basqueMTB.com

Vortexracing, nice garage and the only one with the essential sound system. It’s only spoilt because you have a picture of me on your garage wall! 😆

incognito
    Free Member

and that wiring on that plug is a deathtrap, can I have your garage when you’re done? 😆

coincidently I’ve been working on my garage today, I’ve boarded out the garage loft bit and put lighting up there. I can now see 95% of the floor for the 1st time since I moved in 5 years a go. I have space for bike maintenance again 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

Leyland Trade Heavy duty floor paint, on to the concrete from Tooled up.com (I think.

Has been pretty resistant to all oil, chemicals e.t.c hasn’t even scratched much when moving the lathe with an engine hoist

tomlevell

The tidy bit. Still a work in progress.

Getting better by tomlevell, on Flickr

Unfortunately having a rabbit as mad as a box of frogs in the garage means stuff like track pumps have to stay up high.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomlevell/4927629748/

What part of it used to look like!

Workbench! by tomlevell, on Flickr

cinnamon_girl

Could I just ask about bike sheds? If I wanted to erect a shed, what are the regulations with regards to sizing?

What type can be made the most secure? Wood or metal? Anything else that I need to know?

Thank you so much. 🙂

incognito
    Free Member

without windows would be good. use screws which do up but you can’t undo. lock all your bikes together in the shed.

I’m about to order one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HIGH-QUALITY-10×8-GARDEN-SHED-OTHER-SIZES-AVALIABLE-/150504950073?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Garden_Structures_Fencing_CV&hash=item230acb4939#ht_1503wt_1139

sheds are a temporary structure so normally shouldn’t need any special permissions.

dreednya

As long as it is not near one of your boundaries then as long as it is less than 9′ high you can have what you like (I think). I’ve got a 24’x12′ shed in the garden under a big old Yew tree, painted Yew Treetrunk brown it blends in really well with its green rubber roof :).

Pic here Actually a picture of my shed, though they did not ask if they could put a pic of it on the net.

SSB_UK
    Free Member

I posted a link on the garage security thread about the shed shackle which is an idea for providing something secure to lock your bits to in a shed.

Another thing would be to consider concreting a ground anchor in, with the loop poking through the floor of the shed, for locking bikes to with a chain. If I were erecting a shed from scratch specifically for storing bikes, I would go down that route.

matt23
    Free Member

dreednya – I WANT UR SHED!!

Driller
    Free Member

Albino, I don’t know what the rest of your security is like, but I wouldn’t be leaving a pair of bolt croppers hanging on the wall where I keep my bikes.

Same goes for drills, hacksaws, chisels etc. Keep them somewhere else.

Don’t give the scrotes the tools they need to steal your stuff.

dreednya

I’ve replaced all screws with ones that you can not undo, Reflective film on the windows so you can see out but not in and the good bike is attached to a ground anchor in the corner. Big padlock on the shed door as well.

pedalhead
    Free Member

My man-cave. Downstairs…

(clicky biggy this one)

Upstairs…

loads more pics HERE for anyone geeky enough to be interested 😀

damitamit
    Free Member

pedalhead, wow! I swear I’ve seen your HT setup before on another forum somewhere…

toons
    Free Member

avforums?

Vortexracing

you’ve got a bloody wine rack in there !!!!!!!

‘garage top trumps’ don’t you just love it 🙂

valleydaddy
    Free Member

wow I love love love that man space pedalhead – oh to have the space to build something like it – one day maybe!

Scamper
    Free Member

Some serious man caves there. I was pleased to get a few small brick and slate sheds where anything not 3ft off the ground gets eaten by rats/mice and everything that is smells of damp after 3 weeks. My next move will be to a large shed with side access to a house.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Takes a bit of cleaning but it does the job…

Jerome
    Free Member

Pedalhead – very cool..
    Wheres my invite..

hora
    Free Member

****, all of these sheds are nicer than my house 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Show us your sheds/garages…’ is closed to new replies.