Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Show us your light bikes
  • andyl46
    Free Member

AVG reckons there are active threats on that first link…

racing_ralph
    Free Member
    br
    Free Member

Don't believe the weight unless its attached to scales…

And there seems to be about 1/2 lb difference between the componant weights and a full bike – grime, grease, oil, clips etc.

Here's one:

http://s992.photobucket.com/albums/af45/bruce_nikki/?action=view&current=Chilterns20091117002.jpg

Not as light as some (28 lb), but a large steel frame in full winter mode with mudguards and mud-tyres running 120mm forks and pedals.

jonb
    Free Member

AVG doesn't like anything from that light bikes site!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

b r How do you get on with that I beam saddle?

I asked about it the other day and most people said i should avoid them.

genesis
    Free Member

How about something really different like one of these from TiogaSpyder

fontmoss
    Free Member

first link has a weightless bb??!

rolfharris
    Free Member

I built this for SSUK08 by simply taking the gears off it and fitting those brakes and rigid forks. It'd be a bit lighter with different brakes, cranks and a bit more choice selection of components.

Weight is 17lbs. With XT gears and Reba World Cups it was 22lbs.

RepacK
    Free Member

Keith Bontrager:

"Strong, light, cheap – pick 2".

Good luck on those light bikes though.. 😉

jimthesaint

There is no way that Scott weighs 10lb or that Inbred weighing 20lbs.

Manufacturers weights are never accurate, and surprise-surprise they always seem to state that they are lighter than they actually are.

genesis
    Free Member

Had a customer in with a carbon Yeti, he was adamant that it weighted 19lbs. We put it on the scales of truth in the workshop, came in at just over 23lbs, thought he was going to cry he was so upset 👿

Smee
    Free Member

You see in that first link – since when did furious fred come with maxxis logos on them?

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Here's mine.Lightest bike i've owned at 21.5 lbs.I think that's light enough!
    Thanx Max
    http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr143/madmax_photo/DSC00502.jpg

tootin

It gets to a point where you end up sacrificing other aspects of the bike in order to make it lighter. You are inevitably going to lose comfort and strength and it will cost more to shave half a pound. With most people you might as well just lose a pound yourself, save you buying new carbon brake levers!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Have a shit before you leave the house. 🙄

Gary_M
    Free Member

That Scott looks great.

Why does some **** always churn out the Keith Bontrager quote and the 'have a shit' quote. For a start who mentioned cheap and secondly maybe they do have a shit before the leave. I dunno what your shit weighs but mine ain't gonna make a lot of difference, but I guess some people are more full of shit than others.

MattPhotos
    Free Member

That first one is blatantly cheating.. he has a water bottle holder on the bike and not in the weight. Psh.

nonk
    Free Member

lol at full stop.
    you could shake your head in despair at the amount of folks who spend most of the time pedaling about on trail cenres with bikes that weigh well over 28pounds.that would just kill the fun for me.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Well said full stop.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Why does some **** always churn out the Keith Bontrager quote and the 'have a shit' quote. For a start who mentioned cheap and secondly maybe they do have a shit before the leave. I dunno what your shit weighs but mine ain't gonna make a lot of difference, but I guess some people are more full of shit than others.

I think the point is that as we're on a bike forum, and most of us aren't professional cyclists, the weight of our bikes isn't the limiting factor. The pink blob in the middle is.

Have a sh1t and chill out.

Keva
    Free Member

Have a shit before you leave the house.

why ? so I can go out safe in the knowledge that I weigh 56kg instead of 58kg ? 🙄

The last thing I want dragging around my ar$e is 30lb of bouncing bullsh!t.

Kev

schmiken
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Show us your light bikes’ is closed to new replies.