Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Show me your Turner Dw Link
  • snap
    Free Member

As Title
    Aint bothered if its a Flux or 5spot
    Are you happy with it

Thanks

handyman
    Free Member

have a flux bought this year, it replace my xce which was a bit worn in the rear pivots, its great, running r/shox rev air set to 130 abit more than turner suggest but once the sag is in its fine. not sure of weight but i am using mavic tubeless rims with hope xc hubs, lx/xt drivetrain, sunnline alloy bars 710mm wide, 90mm thomson stem and straight s/post, hope minis the lastest ones, it rides really well the fox could use more damping but thats how turner spec it. it is faster uphill than the xce and the cornering feels better, didnt get the 5 spot as i have used the xce in scotland, wales , spain and never flet the need for more travel

Randall
    Free Member

I'm loving mine – no problems with it, climbs and descends really well with 140mm each end. The build quality and finish is great. It's built light for the riding I do (25.3lb) but I reckon it would be amazing with a heftier wheel/tyre and Fox 36s…

mrpink
    Free Member

My 5th Turner and the best,150mm float 15q/r on the front.Climbs well and blasts down.

the_lecht_rocks

should've bought a Nicolai, unfortunately folks………….

mrpink
    Free Member

the_lecht_rocks – Member
    Why?

Randall
    Free Member

I would've bought a nicolai if I liked them – I don't.

heihei

TLR – the DW Link beats the 4-bar every time for me 😉

the_lecht_rocks

mrpink : well, more options, Horst Link (Turner'd still be there if he could afford to be), better construction, more adaptability (travel adjust on all Helius models), more colour options, better welds, better alignment, more tyre clearance, cutting edge geometry and none of that stupid DW link fugliness…..

i can continue if you'd like ……….?

heihei

TLR – have you ridden a DW Link bike yet??

Am loving it – have had HL 5-Spot and 6-Pack in the past, as well as an Ibis Mojo, and this beats the lot as a do-it-all bike. My only regret is not waiting until the yellow special edition – Randall – that is stunning!

PS I'm now running Float 36's at full travel and it still climbs fantastically well!!

Randall
    Free Member

And now for something really ugly…

the_lecht_rocks

heihei – yes, extensively at Laggan…..

this is way better :

heihei

TLR – fair enough. Each to their own. Whilst I love Nicolais and will undoubtedly own one at some stage (perhaps the new AFR) IMHO as a platform the DW Link is superior to the HL across the board. It also doesn't need a £600 shock to get the ride characteristics I want!

mrpink
    Free Member

TLR iam sure Turner can afford the HL but the DW is better,he also does not like adjustable travel settings!The DW Turners aren't the best looking but Nicolais are just ugly!

the_lecht_rocks

lol @ mr pink – adjustable settings on Turners are available via the frankenbike [a la PUSH] linkages with better effect than the standard spot linkages in some instances !

uponthedowns
    Free Member

DW link may be better than the old 4 bar Horst link but dear god its ugly. Shame really as Turners used to be the most aesthetically pleasing full sus bikes. I'll be sticking with my 03 5 Spot until something appreciably better comes along or it breaks.

mrpink
    Free Member

TLR,yes i Know all about push rockers,5.1,5.3,140mm etc,but Turner does not believe in a adjustable rockers!I have tested a few adjustable rocker bikes and find them ok but not perfect!

the_lecht_rocks

is this ugly or purely functional and well executed :

heihei

Hmmm – unless you want to run a front mech!

Whilst the odd interjection of "have you also considered this?" is always welcome, the OP asked owners for their pics and views on DW Turners, rather than an argument over Turner vs Nicolai.

aldomac
    Free Member

No not ugly – just fugly!
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    j 😉

Ti29er
    Free Member

How does the DW Links perform in comparrison to the 2x previous linkage systems?
    Can you actually tell the difference I wonder?
    Has anyone owned / tried extensively all three or even two previous models?

Mines an '05 silver Flux and whilst the graphics are chronic, it's a hugely competent bike – anyone can ride it well. Fox 100mm front end & XTR / XT kit.

mrpink
    Free Member

I have had,hl,tnt and now have a dw spot,the dw picks speed up faster,no squat on climbs and is better on square hits.The dw frames have put weight on but you can not tell as they pedal so well,i also find with the lower bb they are faster on singletrack. I also have a 08 Flux but don't use it much as the spot pedals so well.

Gary_C

Slight hijack:

I've got a '06 RFX with tired i.e. scratched & torn,decals.
    Where do I get replacements,direct from Turner,or is there a U.K. stockist?

Jezwick
    Free Member

the_lecht_rocks – Member

Why, they are heavy, expensive and look like they are built from meccanno, Id have a Turner any day over a Nicolai

mrpink
    Free Member

Try Silverfish or email Turner.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Did look better before DW

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Dear god that white nicolai thing………..sorry, couldn't face that ugly brute every day.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Tis ugly

chimptastic
    Free Member

Interesting how clean these Turners look. Does anyone ever ride them?

ken_shields
    Free Member

Mines an HL 5 spot and here a pic of it standing up in the snow. This is the dirtiest pic of it I have

the_lecht_rocks

for the doubters, here's my 6 Pack.

be aware that guides in spain riding 5 Spots for the last 6 years, virtually every day, being the HL, TNT and now DWL suggest there's almost no discernible difference between the characteristics of the linkage systems…..and these guys ride hard every day !

http://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=yrr250&outx=0&quality=70&noresize=1

heihei

Ti29er – before I bought the DW version, I rode my HL '05, my mate's faux bar, and a demo DW (left to right in the pics below) back to back for a 3hr ride over terrain I am very familiar with. I've owned the HL Spot from new, and it's been my main ride during that period; I also had a HL 6-Pack too, so feel I know the HL versions pretty well.

As many have observed, it's pretty difficult to tell the difference between the HL and non-HL versions – the HL bobs a bit anyway, requiring some pro-pedal when climbing.
    The DW Link is noticably different from the off. It's probably most noticable when climbing – under pedalling, the bike sits up rather than sagging into it's travel, giving a better position and meaning you can run longer forks without the need to wind in. It is also snappier under acceleration, and can be pumped more through little undulations. Having also had an Ibis Mojo for a while, this is definately due to the DW Link rather than any other changes Turner have made.
    My mate feels much the same way – he only bought the non-HL link towards the end of last year and is already considering the swap.

coogan
    Free Member

Have a 4 bar and just saving the pennies for a DW link version. Wasn't going to use my credit card, but that may change after looking at this thread…

nickhart
    Free Member

i suggest anyone NOT wanting good news or fantastic images of the new spot DON'T go here you may need to log in.

v10
    Free Member

Definatly a tough choice between the Yellow and the Raw. That looks awesome Randall

Not my own bike but our demo one which ive used a fair amount:

Epic little bike 😀

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Loving mine. 8)

Rickos
    Free Member

Looks good Chunky!

toons
    Free Member

Quality bike

handyman
    Free Member

Gary-c i have a stainless steel head badge with fitting screws and instructions and a pair of decals they are the outline of the letters in silver grey i bought them then sold the bike they were meant for, email me at adrianDOTtrickerATgmail.com for pics

Gary_C

handyman,YGM

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Turner Dw Link’ is closed to new replies.