Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Show me your SS lurchers
  • fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Have all the bits in place just need frame and forks. Have been looking at the matching rigid forks. Lets see what you got.

firestarter
    Free Member

They dont seem to get much love here. So heres my geared one

dudeofdoom

Im on 2×9 and silly tyres…

fatmax

What are they like to ride folks?

fibre
    Free Member

Did you have to post this thread, I’ve been trying not to build another bike! 😛

I’ve been toying with the idea of an SS rigid Lurcher for the winter.

dudeofdoom

Mines really only an over specced commute machine so doesn’t get to go off road and it’s seriously over tyred with big apples.

But it’s light and comfortable to ride…. I had a whippet before which is also nice but not as comfy, I’ve put about 3.5 to 4k miles on it no complaints other than the bb which can get a bit creaky.

I reckon you could make a real fun lighweight SS it does steer an ride nice.

I think I paid about £250 for frame an £100 for fork which I thought was pretty good

mark88

Just built up mine with 2×10 and Rebas. Moving from an Anthem it feels light and stiff. Only been out on it once but it climbs brilliantly and doesn’t feel any worse than the Anthem on the descents.

On-One reader’s rides should provide all the inspiration you need.
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/readers-rides/q/model-LU

firestarter
    Free Member

Mines not been hardly touched due to house renovation then injury and the school hols 🙁

Im seriously thinking of selling and getting a cx bike

33tango

My God – fugly!

tpbiker
    Free Member

forks look on the wrong way

firestarter
    Free Member

Btw have any of you fitted a 2.5mm spacer on the drive side? Ive read conflicting advice

mudplugga
    Free Member

Fit the spacer and get the hope bb92 and grease everything. Mine creaked like hell until I did this,not a squeak since.

firestarter
    Free Member

Ta I’ll get the tools out 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

The frame isnt bad looking but that fork is one of the ugliest bike components I’ve seen

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers mudplugga used my trusty screwdriver and hammer. Popped out the bb and put the spacer in and fresh grease noise gone 😉

Strangely I did the drive side added spacer but left non drive as it was a bit stuck and it was quieter but still there so I hit harder and got it out and jobs a good un. So not sure if it needed spacer or grease

Uk people seem to say no spacer but seems all usa lot add spacer.

mudplugga
    Free Member

I ended up measuring the bb shell and guess what? its 89.5mm even tho it doesn’t say that anywhere on the on-one website ,just that its a bb90! So the spacer is definitely needed.

firestarter
    Free Member

I had no tape but everyone who measures seems to get 89.5 lovely and quiet now 🙂

dudeofdoom

I’ve got the spacer without it my inner ring rubs 🙂

I was contemplating the hope …. I’ll grease it all up the weekend and see if it stops and if not then Hope time.

bigshep
    Free Member

Here’s a picture of mine after a trip to QECP.
    Running gears at the mo, but will be SS for over the winter once I find where I put the swapouts 😕

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oL52ns]IMG_1026[/url] by bigshep28, on Flickr

bigshep
    Free Member

Nearly finished the SS conversion.
    It’s now running DT Swiss forks and Bontrager tubeless rims, thanks to TomDeBruin off here 😀

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oMrWcS]IMG_1117[/url] by bigshep28, on Flickr

Now just need to fit rotors, a decent rear QR and a Tuggnut on the non driveside.

bigjim

just about to build mine up, decided on 1×10 rather than ss as the old knees aren’t good with pushing big gears in winter

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Do children cry when you ride past on a Lurcher?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Show me your SS lurchers’ is closed to new replies.