Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Show me your Reverb remote/XT M775 brake set ups
  • robarnold
    Free Member

I’ve decided to take the plunge for a Reverb after a thread i put on yerterday but not sure on how well the remote will go with my current set up on my bars, ie. do I want left/right, above/below etc.

I am currently running XT M775 brakes, with XTR M980 shifters clamped inboard of them. I have a possible gap between grip and brake clamp but not sure on cable routing.

If folks could post pics with details of which Reverb remote run which way up, that’d be ace.

Thanks a lot

Wozza
    Free Member

Not a million miles away from your setup. That’s a left hand lever fitted under the bars on the right. I had to move my 775 shifters the other side of the brakes to make it work though.

Scapegoat

One finger braking setup for me, with just a whisper of contact between the reverb lever (right side mounted upside down on left) and the shifter paddle.

alfabus
    Free Member

no pictures to hand, but I was doing this very thing last night on my new bike.

xt levers and i-spec shifter, the reverb remote didn’t want to be anywhere near… managed to get it to sit under the bars in a similar position to Wozza, but it wasn’t as close as that and the dial on the back of the remote was touching the brake reservoir.

I’ll take some pictures tonight, but TBH I might end up moving it as it is not really close enough to be comfortable.

Dave

robarnold
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies so far folks, just to confirm it’s the older XT brakes I’m running, same shape as Wozza’s XTRs, not the newer ispec compatible ones.

Anybody else got any pearls of wisdom?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Reverb remote/XT M775 brake set ups’ is closed to new replies.