Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Show me your polished cranks
  • specializedneeds

I need some bling! Can you include method and time taken, cheers 😀

tinsy
    Free Member

Spittle and Jey cloth..10 mins 🙂

specializedneeds

Wow! What cranks are they?

tinsy
    Free Member

Not mine I was kidding…

Here is the how.. http://www.velosolo.co.uk/jjcrank.html

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

looke like XT to me………………. is there a prize 🙂

specializedneeds

Deore with holes drilled through to look like XTR (ish), nice anyway and the exact cranks I have on my SS, hmmmmm I know a powdercoater as well

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Just what i need on my Ti 'cross project.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Looks nice, I better took some do'ing 😥

tinsy
    Free Member

Get your googling going for local metal finishers, a chroming place, powder coaters, they will all do ally polishing, or at least point you to somone local who will..

mattster
    Free Member

I did these old Saint cranks in a fit of boredom, haven't got quite the good finish like on the ones above but these are only hand polished, if I bought a buffer I am sure I could get them a lot better.

I did it with Kleen-off oven cleaner, you are looking for it to contain Sodium Hydroxide.

Basically took a little while, stuck cranks in bucket, sprayed with oven cleaner and left for 15-20 mins and then scrubbed the loose anodising off with a green pan scrubber and repeated about 6-8 times until all the anodising was removed. Gave it a quick buff with Brasso. I think if you use Autosol and a buffer you could get it to a better finish. I did try it with fine wet and dry but found it too much like hard work and the oven cleaner worked better without scratching.

oxym0r0n

These looked old and tatty, so I set to work on them.

Only sad to loose the logos in the process 😥

STATO
    Free Member

Oh polished! I thought you meant scuffed ;0)

nunuboogie
    Free Member

OxymOrOn are they RF evolve? Maybe I should do mine instead of forking out for some eno cranks? What method did you use?

AdeC
    Free Member

shiny metal process

this linky explains it all (sort of). They are chatting about Motorcycle frames, but metal is metal.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

No close up pics but I mirror polished these XTs, I've got all the gear from doing car split rims so didn't take too long.

oxym0r0n

OxymOrOn are they RF evolve? Maybe I should do mine instead of forking out for some eno cranks? What method did you use?

No, old RF Turbines I bought off here.

I got a pack of different grades of wet and dry that I worked my way through, then used a metal polish from Halfrauds at the end

specializedneeds

Keep 'em coming

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Show me your polished cranks’ is closed to new replies.