Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)
  • Show me your…………………… Motorbikes!
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not had one of these in a while and I’ve finaly gotten around to booking my second attempt at MOD2.

Still want a the 748 I grew up dribbling over, just to sit in the garrage and polish, for sunny days but have since found out they need the cambelt replaceing avery other year regardless of how few miles it does, and it cost more than the average car cambelt to do!

Made the mistake of sitting on a NC30 recently, way too small 🙁

Now feeling an odd attraction to a poo brown mint/unrestored XT500 imported from the states I’ve seen on ebay.

Inspire me……..

rocketman
    Free Member

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

the R1, the Orange 5 of the STW motorbike world?! In a damp Elan valley midway through a full day backroads spin from oxford

and in the Wicklow Gap, Ireland, hiding a hideous honda…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

mmmmmmmm fast 😀

Dad’s just bought one of these, it’s anoyingly good.

sv

Gone now 🙁

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

the SV, the orange 5 of the… 😀

Munqe Chick fully loaded before a weekend trip oop north (when I’d told her my R1 definitely couldnt carry luggage 🙂 😳

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Still just sadly sitting in the lockup

bsa 2 by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That BSA looks like it’s got a lot of travel and a very low exhaust and slick tyres for a trail bike, or too much travel for a road bike? The worlds first Supermoto?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

tinas

Its on 18″ rims and lowish profile tyres not 19s and actually could do with sitting higher at the back – longer shocks to get some ride height. Its very much a bitsa – thats a 70s honda fork for example

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ahh, that was going to be my next question, did cynic-al make the drum brake brace to mudguard mount to leave the disk mount surplus :p

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On the subject of bodged “British” bikes, this was for sale localy for aggeessssssssssssssssss

birky
    Free Member

CBR, GS and Yam are all SORNed and needing attention 🙁

tomaso
    Free Member

My XBR500 special that has CBR forks, brakes and wheels and is in garage at present midway through NX650 engine transplant.
    [img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-SD6Jxg6yRl4/TpwRR0y2-0I/AAAAAAAAC2A/xtdiE9xvu-E/s400/25c3_1_b.jpeg[/img][img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-EwFosycYJLc/TpwRRo7_LTI/AAAAAAAAC1w/b4Ga84MqD20/s400/23b1_1_b.jpeg[/img]

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

tinas – Cynic al? Nope – its done properly 😉 Welded and machined to get everything in the right place. 70s triumph 2ls brake. Done hundreds of thousands of miles

Been to Moscow and Nordkapp on it – as well as all the usual places in Europe

LoCo
    Free Member

SRX old pic rebuild still in preogress

IMG00111-20101028-1126 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

ZX7R, now for sale as Mrs LoCo doesn’t like it/me on it 😆

zx7r by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

bellerophon
    Free Member

the R1, the Orange 5 of the STW motorbike world?!

well here’s another one, mine:

MOD: Image removed due to malware

got a white seat cowl, and an original exhaust on the way…

bellerophon
    Free Member

Oohh LoCo always fancied the ZX7R.. please don’t mention the price 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Been to Moscow and Nordkapp on it – as well as all the usual places in Europe

Unfortunately Miss Spoon has the same attitiude to motorbikes as any of my other toys, so motorbike tourings off as well 🙁

LoCo
    Free Member

Cheap and has full Micron, K & N, new bellmouths and other tweaks 😉

fasthaggis

Now feeling an odd attraction to a poo brown mint/unrestored XT500 imported from the states I’ve seen on ebay

That is an odd attraction indeed ,as they were a bit poo in reality.( I had two of them)

Better choice

🙂

kayak23

Man I miss that bike…..

deviant
    Free Member

2010 GSXR-750

Thought i had better see what all the fuss is about….motorcycle journos rave about them: “perfect blend of big bike power and small bike handling etc etc”…..

….they’re actually not that far off being perfect, only thing i can find to criticise are the brakes….the stoppers on my 2007 zx6r were like hitting a brick wall, i never had to use more than one finger on the lever on that bike….superb. The GSXR lever needs a squeeze with a couple of fingers to get the same response…..other than that the engine is a peach and the handling is intuitive, look where you want to go, drop a shoulder and the bike goes there. Probably a keeper.

fasthaggis

My Next Bike

When I get my new super shed built 🙄

thepodge
    Free Member

I’m looking to sell my Yamaha fazer 600.

this thread isn’t making it any easier

bellerophon
    Free Member

Cheap and has full Micron, K & N, new bellmouths and other tweaks

fingers in ears, nah nah nah, can’t hear you….

mrblobby
    Free Member

the SV, the orange 5 of the…

Ah I do miss my old SV. My first big(ish) bike and a lot of fun around a track too. Contemplated turning it into a mini twin racer and entering a few races, but luckily realised I lacked both funds and riding talent!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That is an odd attraction indeed ,as they were a bit poo in reality.( I had two of them)

Better choice

Yea, but, no, but, yea…………..

Zedsdead
    Free Member

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

A few of mine and Mrs PPs recent bikes, in order of ownership…

My 2001 955i Speed Triple

SunnyS3g by PeterPoddy, on Flickr
    33,00 miles over 6 years, including Italy and back

Mrs PPs Speed 4

KJ_Sp4-1 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

Mrs PPs Monster 695, a very pretty little bike…

IMG_0966 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

My 696, the most fun bike I’ve ever had, I still prefer it to anything else I’ve had before or after it, the only one I’ve owned that I really miss 🙁

IMG_0963 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

And currently:

Ducati ST3s. These are pretty rare, there’s only 58 of these registered in the UK. Fantastic bike, sublime engine, continent crossing with fun and style…
    We share this one.

IMG_2187 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

And our little Vespa GT200. I love scooters!

IMG_6320 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

Woody
    Free Member

Mine……and 2 horses awestruck by its beauty.

Dickyboy

My old Morini 🙁

[/url] morini 500 by Dicky Boy 500, on Flickr[/img]

My current Guzzi 🙂
    [/url] guzzi by Dicky Boy 500, on Flickr[/img]

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That Morini is LUSH! 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve been banned from Morrini’s on the basis that Dad wanted one when he was growing up but was scared of them (so bought the XT 500)!

Dickyboy

Yeh, that Morini was my all time favourite bike (I had three 500’s over a number of years) sadly just couldn’t rely on the electrics to work, didn’t have the time to fettle it etc – so moved onto the Guzzi which is a much better all rounder despite still being at the garage & parts are a nightmare 🙄

uplink
    Free Member

I had a 3 1/2 Morini way back

Loved the thing even if it did continually fall to bits and have ‘latin’ electrics

simon_g

^ that’s my 695, that is.

Untitled by kiteless, on Flickr

It’s been great as a first bike for me, noisy, fun, forgiving, fast enough, cheap to insure. Although “first bike” would suggest I’d moved on to something else, but after 26 months I’ve not found anything I’d rather have, except maybe a newer and faster one.

fasthaggis

Loved the thing even if it did continually fall to bits and have ‘latin’ electrics

Sounds like me going on about my Ducatis .
    Used to love my 250 and 450 single desmos ,and kinda always thought about a Morini 3 1/2 ,but dodgy Italian lectrics killed that dream. 🙄

Wish I had the 450 now though 😥

weeksy

My current bikes are the 749 and KTM 950sm. The others are my bikes from the last 18 months

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s been great as a first bike for me, noisy, fun, forgiving, fast enough, cheap to insure. Although “first bike” would suggest I’d moved on to something else, but after 26 months I’ve not found anything I’d rather have, except maybe a newer and faster one.

It’s a VERY pretty bike, IMO…..! When Mrs PP bought it, if she hadn’t, I would have done. Lovely revvy little engine, beautifully made, light and agile so easy to flick around and you don’t arrive at corners too fast and get scared witless. My696 was the same… it just made me smile and laugh. 😀

Good to see you’re looking after it, I’ll let Kirsty know.

When she sold it, I said “You do realise that’s the bike you’re always going to regret selling, don’t you?”

But we weren’t using them enough to warrant keeping them at the time 🙁

ltheisinger
    Free Member

All sadly gone now – the same issue as many (the missus didn’t like me on them!) 😥

Restored CBR 600 – loved this bike!

Bandit – Wheelie Machine!

MX – I later put a day time MOT on it (Brake light, horn & No. Plate) and used it as a ‘Greenlaner’….great fun!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Show me your…………………… Motorbikes!’ is closed to new replies.