Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • show me your meta 5's and super 4's
  • paulo6624
    Free Member

just bought a super 4 and cant wait to try it out, also love the 5’s ill post pics of mine soon as it arrives and is pimped to within an inch of its life …..

FOG

I have had a Super 4 since 2009. It is however on it’s 2nd frame, the 1st having snapped at the seat tube just above the cross tube junction. This sounds very gloomy but newer bikes seem to have a thicker tube at that point. Although not very fashionable- have only seen 2 others- it is an excellent bike, light, handles predictably, a good all round xc/trail bike. Mine weighs 27lbs+ with 120 rebas, SLX brakes, XT cranks and hubs. A good bike you will not regret it!

grahamt1980

I would show you it but sadly it broke and I cannot bring myself to risk buying a new one.

paulo6624
    Free Member

lol the future looks bright then, well ill post pictures soon providing it doesnt snap when putting it on the bike rack.

tthew

Here we go. 2009 model, now gone to the Commencal snapyard. I bloody loved that bike. 2010 and on models were OK I’m led to understand.

juan
    Free Member

Courtesy of S.Brette

paulo6624
    Free Member

loving the colour tthew, nice pic juan, what are your opinions on each bike ?

MRanger156
    Free Member

Now sadly gone after 4 years of brilliant, fun times.

juan
    Free Member

Personnaly best bike I have ever rode.
    Better than my old RM switch, than a scott ransom, a kona cadabra a scott genius or a dawg when it come to having fun down.

JohnnyPanic

I can’t. Not yet. It’s up & running but I have sooo many changes to make.
    Got a pic of the old one though…

robsoctane
    Free Member

Johnny Panic: That’s bad mate… how did it happen?

JohnnyPanic

🙂 That’s not a crack mate, that’s a hacksaw.
    Saves posting it back to Commencal after warranty replacement.

tthew

what are your opinions on each bike

There was a Singletrack review with the Super4 up against the first Orange ST4 which said it was fantastic for singletrack bombing, which as I live near Delamere forest pretty much sums up most of the riding I do. Ace.

paulo6624
    Free Member

wow so they really do crack, its not just folklore, heres hoping the new ones are better, look fun though

metamuppet
    Free Member

My 2009 55 is a happy story, no cracks and into her third year now. I would find it hard to throw my leg over any other boke now, I just love the way it rides. 😀

passtherizla
    Free Member

I love my 55 I’ll get a pick up when I ave a minute.

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Here’s mine. Started out as black 2008 one before usual happened. Was warranty replaced just under 2 years later for this. And I chuffing love it. Does everything I want it to do. Did have to get some risers for it as the front seemed lower than the old frame

passtherizla
    Free Member

Here it is…

photo (4) by passtherizla, on Flickr

paulo6624
    Free Member

Nice bikes all of them the 4’s seem few and far between though

weeksy

mine snapped too.. so did the replacement

paulo6624
    Free Member

this time tommorow my bike will be on here wooo

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

V1:

V2:

V3:
    Should be built up this weekend

Which is sad as I’ve not heard of any / many 2011’s snapping. And I absolutely love it! 4 days from snap to replacement being in shop is the only silver lining.

I will be completely gutted if V3 goes. And bloody livid.

paulo6624
    Free Member

no way, what colour is the new one?

paulo6624
    Free Member

ok well here she is as promised, it was her maiden voyage today and for the most part i loved it, however im a victim of commencal sizing as the medium is way to small for me but the large, as much as i like the length of the tt its just to tall. i had a couple of very near nuts to tt moments and and i cant drop the saddle anywhere near as low as id like for the descents so gutted really as it absolutley flies. frame and fork will be appearing in classified near you soon.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/69555121@N06/

oxnop
    Free Member

The Mrs has a Carbon 5 (she prefers to her previous mojo and LT2 so must be good – I’ve never ridden one)

Only non riding pic but per completion:

Only riding pic I can find on my iPad:

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘show me your meta 5's and super 4's’ is closed to new replies.