• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cp.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Show me your Hemlocks please!
  • Rockplough
    Free Member

Mulling over a purchase so please show me your best photos and share your experiences/setup advice. Much appreciated.

cp

I might eventually get mine photo'd tonight 🙂 very nice!

Mugboo

There was a thread last week

406 v hemlock

Rockplough
    Free Member

Yeah but no pics and don't want to hijack.

Carry on!

Rickos
    Free Member

120mm rocker most of the time (Alpine shots are with big rocker), 150mm Fox Talas up front, Hope Hoops (DT5.1 rims), 2.5 Big Earls (awesome), XT cranks, SRAM gears and a Gravity Dropper.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Check out Mark. POC POC POC :mrgreen:

Rockplough
    Free Member

Nobody else? 😥

trailmonkey

At rest

On the trail

cp

Aye, here's mine. Blue lecci tape till I get copter tape on it. Rapid rise rear mech soon to be replaced by shadow to stop the banging on chainstay.

all gear train is XT, cept for the cassette – PC971 and chain – KMC X9, FOX TALAS 100-140 QR fork, hope xc hubs, juicy 7's, on-one 456 stem and 2" rise bars, charge spoon seat, FSA FR270 seat-post, Maxxis ADvantage 2.1" 70a compound.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Not mine, but riding it convinced me to buy one! – it should arrive on monday 😀

JamesD
    Free Member

Fantastically fun bike 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I know its not the be-all and end-all but they're really ugly aren't they compared to how pretty their hardtails are…

stonemonkey
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder – Member

I know its not the be-all and end-all but they're really ugly aren't they compared to how pretty their hardtails are…

what he said but ugly compared to other full suss's

Rockplough
    Free Member

I don't think they're ugly per se, just not pretty. I quite like the utilitarian look.

At 6'1" I straddle Cotic's frame size recommendations between medium and large. Can any of you guys offer advice as to what size of frame would be best? I'm a 33" inside leg if that helps. I'd put up with compromised mile-munching comfort to get something more chuckable as long as it's not impossibly small.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i'm 6'2" and ride a large, it's a perfect fit for me.

i wouldn't get too concerned over wether it's a 'large' or a 'medium' – have a look at the TT length and compare it to other bikes you've got experience of…

f'example; the Hemlock has a 610mm/24" top-tube…

(1 inch = 25.4mm)

(610mm = 24")

i compared this with 630mm(25"!) for a large specialized – which i couldn't really get on with.

i reckon you'll get the best out of a Hemlock when it's somewhere between a stretched out racy position, and a compact-knees-hitting-the-bars position.

f'example; the Hemlock has a 24" top-tube…

(1 inch = 25.4mm)

(610mm = 24")

DeeJay
    Free Member

It arrived 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

So what view are you blocking?

cy

Go for the large and a nice short stem.

cp

rockplough – you're virtually the same size as me, though a little taller. I've got a large with 60mm stem. am thinking of experimenting with a 70mm stem.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Hemlocks please!’ is closed to new replies.