Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Show me your Giant Trances!
  • kudos100
    Free Member

I’ve just built up a 2009 trance x and am hugely impressed with it. I’ve gone for a reasonably strong build, as I’ll be using it for everything other than full on DH.

IMG_0127 by kudos100, on Flickr

Head angle comes out at about 68 deg with an offset bushing and revs at 130mm. BB is pretty low.

Show me some pics of trances with different builds!

bash
    Free Member

I’ve just finished doing the same thing, my first bike build. Still need to sort the cable ties, seat post and brake hoses out. Still your’s looks like a better finish on mine!

Are you adding decals to yours? Can decide what to do with mine.

roverpig

Very nice guys. I’ve got a thing for Orange bikes, but that fluoro yellow looks pretty cool too. Mine is just a stock and boringly grey X2, currently sporting some Hope/Flow hoops and a Specialized Gravity dropper.

I don’t really like it to look at and have been intending to sell it and buy something else for a while, but it just rides so damn well.

So, where would I go to get it painted in a more interesting colour 🙂

kudos100
    Free Member

Looks great. You’ve chosen wisely for a first build 🙂

I want to put decals on it, but I cannot decide which colour. Black might be too much, so I’m thinking of getting something slightly transparent.

kudos100
    Free Member

I don’t really like it to look at and have been intending to sell it and buy something else for a while, but it just rides so damn well.

They ride so well. Cannot see myself changing for some time now.

So, where would I go to get it painted in a more interesting colour

Have a look at powder coaters in your area. For about 60 quid you can have whatever colour your heart desires 🙂

Cferg
    Free Member

How easy is it to strip the frame, linkage etc. for powder coating ? Got a Trance myself thinking about taking it back to the alu/possibly powder coating at some point. Thread should provide some inspiration. Also, white decals on that orange Trance would be lovely !

bash
    Free Member

It took me a couple of hours to strip ready for powder coating. My first build so I just took loads of photos and improvised getting the bearings out and back in etc.

If I can do it, anyone can!

davewilson634
    Free Member

Definitely liking the orange trance

robhughes
    Free Member

Wearing some rct3 pikes.
    Sometimes wears rtl ti d/p 150 revs.
    The pikes are much better though.
    There’s a wee offset bush in there somewhere. 😉

Loving this one though..

Tom-B
    Free Member

One with a proper wheel size! Love it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Giant Trances!’ is closed to new replies.