Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • show me your gary fisher sugar +
  • thwang-01
    Free Member

as in the title show me your sugar + bikes and state front and rear travel settings please.
    thwang

DezB
    Free Member

My wife's got a Sugar 1 that she never rides. Does that help?
    It's a nice bike anyway

oldgit
    Free Member

I was googling old Sugars this morning, I miss mine.
    I reckon they'd make great bikes with a modern upgrade. DezB that piccy brings back fond memories….of the bike not your wife 😐

BlobOnAStick

Just retired my Sugar 1 frame (as pictured above) to the garage wall. The back end was getting a bit waggly. I think BETD offer a needle bearing mod on the main pivot, which would revive it considerably.

Oldgit – you're right I had a fox rear shock, manitou minutes and XT discs and it was great. Only problem was that the original SID rear shock was an odd size, meaning that putting on the nearest standard length shock (about 5mm shorter) slackened the head angle quite a bit.

Ben

Edit: To satisfy the OP: rear about 65mm, front was windable between 100mm and 130mm

oldgit
    Free Member

I would have put on a decent light 100mm fork, discs and carbon'd it up, deffo flat bars and some fast tyres. Rapid bikes they were.

BlobOnAStick

Well, I had what I had and not the budget for more!

The Manitous are firm and when run at 100mm the thing flew!

Mof
    Free Member

I really miss my Sugar 2. Best handling & best fitting bike I've had.

oldgit
    Free Member

I meant that's what I would have done if I had one again, not what I thought you should have done.
    I sold mine for a carbon NRS that was good as well.

BlobOnAStick

OG – I know 🙂

I transferred the bit to a 456 for a bit of a change, but it appears to have similar rear end travel!!

thwang-01
    Free Member

thanks guys i was thinking 100mm r7s or sids

oldgit
    Free Member

I think R7s would be fine, I had Scarebs on mine in the end and I think R7s are their successors.

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Had a Sugar2+, great bike, handling was probs best I've ever had,
    but it "munched thru frame bushes" as fast as…
    Spoke to Mr F at "mayhem" and he said Bushes weren@t an issue in California !!!!
    But did get New Frame under warrranty thanks to him.(And Fisher/Trek UK)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘show me your gary fisher sugar +’ is closed to new replies.