Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 268 total)
  • Show me your enduro/all-mountain/newfangled marketing term bikes.
  • buenfoxa
    Free Member
    Crag
    Free Member

Just finished building this

[/url][/img]

Just need to trim down the brake hoses a bit and its good to go (blue sliders for the Silent Guide on order!)

stewartc
    Free Member

Managed to crack my SB66c frame so thought I’d treat myself, first real ride today and it’s a keeper.
    Oops, looks link a link problem, will maybe do something tomorrow.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Stewart at least tell us what it is 🙂

getonyourbike
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

Personally see that (no bottle cage) as a plus. No need for one on an Enduro type bikeNo way. I’d say the opposite. I love being able to head out with no pack or race several stages at a race with no pack.

julians
    Free Member

My do it all bike, not the lightest at just under 31 lb, but it flies

Ibis mojo hd
    Marzocchi 55 rc3 ti forks
    ccdb air shock
    Shimano XT brakes and most of the drive train
    Light bicycle AM carbon rims on hope hubs
    Tubeless hans dampf tyres
    Easton carbon bars
    Rockshox reverb dropper

_tom_
    Free Member

Liking that silver alpine 160! Finally an orange that doesn’t look complete cack 🙂

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Nicolai Ion 16

daveh
    Free Member

Can’t be many of those left in the wild. Did you get a replacement swingarm for it or has it not broken (yet)?

si-wilson
    Free Member

Kona Process 134 DL before its first ride out today. Sorry about the decking.

DSC_0003 by srbwilson, on Flickr

endurokid
    Free Member

Love the process but that shock mount would worry me!

gaz552
    Free Member

I’ve seen other angles of that shock mount and it appears to be quite substantial.
    I am really tempted with a Kona Process 153 tbh, looks like a bike that would do anything I would ever want from it. I’m not sure about how decent a press fit bb would be, also it is not a light bike.

kimbers

Yup the Process shock mounts are actually very substantial when you see them from a different angle youll kill the shock before the mount deforms

The entire bike is impressively stiff

My 153 was 32.5 lbs from new easily lost more by going 1×10 and I’ll replace the weighty deore hubs and cassette when they die hopefully with some lb carbon wheels
    Either way the weight is worth it for its descending ability

stewartc
    Free Member

Ok, this should work….Mach6 in stealth mode, yes, you can buy a Pivot without garish stickers all over it.

Picked it up yesterday and did some 34km of various stuff, rock gardens, flowing singletrack, 300mtr climbs etc.
    Compared with the Yeti SB66c before it its going to take me a little while to get used to the short cockpit but on the descents, especially the rocky stuff we get in my local area, it felt very assured, just release the brakes and go.
    Going to take a little while to get used to the lack of acceleration, though it felt slower than my SB66c Strava seems to says the opposite!

LoCo
    Free Member

This thread is going to get me into alot of trouble with Mrs L, between the Pivot Mach 6s, ^ Stewart’s is the nicest colour scheme IMO, the Ions and the other kit I’m struggling to resist a new frame!
    Anybody want a giant custom Remedy frame? 😉
    You look like you’ve got a bit of adjustment there to lengthen the cockpit too there if you’re still finding it a touch short in comparison.

stewartc
    Free Member

Haha LoCo, lots of good bikes out there, was going for a Giant Trance Advanced SX but the distributor in Hong Kong doesnt seem to know when they would arrive (or if any) so opted for plan B, the Mach6.
    A Nicolai ION16 (long lead time) and a Bronson C (everyone here has one!)running it close.
    The SB66c is a long bike so nothing wrong with the Mach6 cockpit apart getting used to a more ‘upright’ riding style, from the little jaunt yesterday it should not be that hard to adjust.

Poopsies
    Free Member

[/url]
    Woodhill by bruis3r72, on Flickrcom/7328/12713615035_f657bafefa.jpg[/img][/url]
    Woodhill by bruis3r72, on Flickr[/img]

First ride today.

ohrats
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I remember Woodhill. Rode there 10 years ago, bet it’s busier these days.

coogan
    Free Member

StewartC, thank you. That’s me sorted the colour I’m join for.

tomhoward

Can’t contribute with pics just yet, but ive just pulled the trigger on a 5010c, in invisisteathninjaassasin black. T minus 3 weeks…

ohrats
    Free Member

woolymonster
    Free Member

May as well get onboard with this thread as I’ve just finished building my own beast!! 🙂

…looking too clean at the moment, but getting that bitch filthy is now a priority!

mindmap3
    Free Member

generallevi – Member
    My Banshee Rune v2 2014. Most capable bike Iv ever owned. 29 lbs and have had to change the rear tyre after a week in Malaga but apart from that it’s exactly as in the photos. Hope you like them,
    All the best,
    Lee.

Good effort getting it under 30lbs. Mine came in at 33lbs with coil 36’s. I doubt the change to Devilles will have saved much weight.

Wooly monster that Spitfire is lovely. Still can’t believe how many Banshees there are on STW these days and I’ve still not seen another one out in the wild.

woolymonster
    Free Member

@MindMap – It’s a Rune V2 mate, everyone thinks it’s a Spitfire 🙂 managed sub 30ib too! Working where I do I see a few Banshee’s flying about and all of the owners are well pleased with them.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Sorry mate, it looks really svelte so I just assumed that it was a Spitfire.

Is yours a medium? Mines a large and I can’t really work out where the extra weight is compared to others.

tomhoward

😉 😈

mmel
    Free Member

Given all the Banshee love going on in this thread I though it only fair that I show mine off too.

Large Banshee Spitfire with Pikes and CCDB CS. Just finished tweaking it in slack setting for a trip to Stiniog on Saturday. Hope the forecast snow doesn’t spoil the fun 😐

chiefgrooveguru

Is yours a medium? Mines a large and I can’t really work out where the extra weight is compared to others.

My Spitfire’s a large and comes in at about 31lbs. Mind you that does include pedals (and a bashring)!

Mr Monster, if you see a stealth black Spitfire at BPW this Saturday then I’m probably the rider. Looking forward to it.

woolymonster
    Free Member

MindMap – Yeah a medium, as for the weight saving….a mix of rediculously expensive and over-spec’ed kit that I in no way need…but thought fu€# it – I want it! 🙂

Chief – Sounds good 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

That’d explain a bit of the weight difference then. I’m not too fussed because it doesn’t feel like a heavy bike to ride and it climbs bloody well for a big bike. I knew it’d descend well having demo’d one but I’m really impressed by its climbing ability (just because I though it’d be so bad).

I’m off to BPW in a week. Can’t wait.

maxtorque

Gadsukie there are some nice bikes on this thread! 😉

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Does my Orange 5 count? It’s mid-travel with 650b wheels but I wouldn’t call it “newfangled” 🙂

bitterlemon
    Free Member

Some very nice bikes out there.

Couldn’t resist. It’s gradually turning into a Spicy, just saving for a CCDB 160 and we’re there.

Rosss
    Free Member

My brother’s Lapierre Spicy…

Funnily enough it’s about to be put up for sale

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Here is my keeper. After test riding one a couple of weeks back I couldn’t resist.

Stealth build (boring black) coming along nicely, just gear cables to fit and sort tomorrow then it’s finished.

Very happy with it.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

just about 29lbs, could lose 1.5lbs switching from 36’s to pikes, but I think I’ll stay burly till after the Trans-savoie 😀

(apologies for the grainy night pic)

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Mmel loving that spitty, just ordered exactly the same colour in medium 8) but what saddle is that as I love the colour co-ordination going on

matther01
    Free Member

Weevil – Charge Scoop…I have two and very comfy, decent weight and price too.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 268 total)

The topic ‘Show me your enduro/all-mountain/newfangled marketing term bikes.’ is closed to new replies.