• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Show me your Ciliary Blue cycling lenses…
  • Bez

I’ve used these folks for everyday prescription glasses before, but it’s time I had some cycling bins done. They’ll be for year-round use, day and night, primarily on the road.

Can’t decide which tint (grey/brown) or which mirror (blue/red/gold/gunmetal), and I’m not sure how much difference there is between the differently priced transitions/reactions. What lens configuration did you go for? What’s your experience?

Cheers

IHN

My first pair were grey tint transitions (probably with an anti-scratch coating I think?). Latest pair are brown tint. Not really a lot of difference, except brown tint make things look more summery and pleasant 🙂

joebristol

I used them last year for my first pair of cycling glasses. I had some old Oakley Minutes with horribly scratched standard lenses. I gave the guys at Ciliary a call for advice – I ended up going for clear polycarbonate lenses. They’re the strongest to withstand impacts and I think polycarbonate stops uv rays going through it without a tint. I wear them year round with no issues (except a bit of steaming up when damp). I also wear them to play hockey – that’s probably even more why I went poly carb as it’s not uncommon to get hit in the face with a ball.

andybrad

heres a photo with mine.
    https://goo.gl/photos/mmYEgbxw3GCZay2a6

grey transitions

Bez

Cheers. Looks like Trivex might be the best lens option. Bumps the price up a bit from what I’d previously configured, but hey.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Ciliary Blue cycling lenses…’ is closed to new replies.