Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • SHOW ME YOUR 69ER
  • mollski
    Free Member

AFTER seeing a s/speed 69er on here today im going to build 1,can you post your photos for me please thanks

Bing
    Free Member

firestarter
    Free Member

My old homemade one

JRTG
    Free Member

my odd looking beast….

Bing
    Free Member

@ firestarter, everyone should have a pic of their bike infront of “live 2 ride” i got one too!

Dancake
    Free Member

100_1637 by 29er Dan2010, on Flickr

just want a proper coil shock for it..anyone got something 200mm ? (the one fitted was 20 quid new..but it sort of works ok)

robkhoo
    Free Member

I’ve buit quite a few of these, it seems to be a format that I keep returning to.

Mountain Cycle Rumble S1 (sold)

oct06 015 by robkhoo, on Flickr

Carver 96er (stolen)

Carver 96er by robkhoo, on Flickr

Gary Fisher Ferrous (other set ups include 29er and SSCX)

Ferrous 17.5.10 by robkhoo, on Flickr

Genesis Alpitude – my current hardtail, absolutely bonkers. It’s already tried to kill me once.

Genesis Alpitude 69er by robkhoo, on Flickr

I’ve got a 29er SS as well, so I know what they’re like; I built up the Alpitude like that because I wanted a bike with a big front wheel and a slack head angle that I could still pedal up hill.

JRTG
    Free Member

Hi Rob, fancy seeing your bikes on here… was your felt ever a 69er?

firestarter
    Free Member

@bing 😉

speaker2animals

My fave has always been the original Trek 69er/96er in matt bronze with the DUCs and fawn saddle. Just always looked right. Never the same after ditching the mavs and now of course dead and buried.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

my homebrew/parts bin penny farthing special, now has lime green lockons and a zebra print sdg

JRTG
    Free Member

@1961 yep mine was like that but i really hated the mavericks, the front end was so high youd get to a corner and the bike would fall over…. with the niner forks it is now one of the sharpest and best handling bikes i’ve had the pleasure to ride….

robkhoo
    Free Member

Hi Gaz! Never 69ered the Felt, I think the BB would be too low if I did. Still riding it most weeks, getting pretty tatty looking these days though.

JRTG
    Free Member

Rob, it was looking well ridden last time i saw it about a year ago!!

Sam
    mocha
    Free Member

not all mine obviously – the 69er gathering at the Dales Bike Centre

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘SHOW ME YOUR 69ER’ is closed to new replies.