Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help! Langster headset stuck!
  • tom84
    Free Member

I have an 08 langster and it had a crunchy headset so i tried to take the top set of sealed cartridge bearings out (the crunch culprits) and found they were stuck. I jimmy-jammied it with various knives and flat head screwdrivers to no avail, apart from the inside bit of metal and the plastic top bit and the bearings have all come out/apart. So it seems all that is left is the outside bit that comes into contact with the frame (no cups). I gave it a good spray but am getting seriously worried!

I have yet to try tapping it from the end through the headtube, but the weird thing is the headset is lodged into the frame by a glued-in metal ring (with little holes in it) stuck just beneath the flanged part of the headtube.

I am thinking of trying to rebuild the broken headset and pray that i haven't done too much damage. but i had a spare headset ready and waiting.

!!!!!!!!!!!!please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marmoset
    Free Member

Is it a circlip holding it in? I wouldn't know why it's like that though, the forks etc should be enough to hold a headset in place…

ken_shields
    Free Member

It should just tap out but you may need a proper tool to do it. If you're anywhere Milton Keynes you could bring the frame round to mine and do it here or take it to your LBS and get them to take it out and put a new one in

tom84
    Free Member

thanks guys, especially ken.

markenduro
    Free Member

Heatgun on the frame and then try whacking it out again with a hammer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help! Langster headset stuck!’ is closed to new replies.