Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Show me you powdercoats
  • benz
    Free Member

I know this has been done before, but looking for some inspiration.

Can you also give me your take on the quality of the work and who did it.

Triple-S in particular….

alexxx
    Free Member

bettablast… amazing quality – cheap and the nicest guy I’ve had the pleasure of doing business with.

he is on facebook or he has a site – based in the north east – posting to and from him isn’t a problem and he has an epic range of colours.

tops5
    Free Member

Pah! Pinkbike not working, will try again later

ACS in Manchester FWIW excellent finish £30 including stripping original paint 🙂

BigJohn

I just got mine back from Powder Coatings in Brum. They did a fantastic job for £48 (the guy is a keen cyclist so knows not to gum up any openings, and knows what colours work well, clean well and last.

He did my Cotic Soul a stealth matt black. It’s so amazing that it doesn’t show up on a photo, so I can’t post a pic.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Got this done through a contact of my brother so didn’t get charged, it’s proper tough. They were a little suprised by the colour I wanted…

bm0p700f
    Free Member

Impact coating in Colchester. The finish is good but youl need to face off head tube and BB shell and tap out all threads.

If you have v-brake bosses mask them up as they didn’t for me and I had to get a file out and remove the paint.

A frame is £30 blasted primed and painted. It will use them again for my road bike which needs doing soon.

Tracey

LSN at Castleford did a first class job on ours

cyclistm
    Free Member

Thread hijack!! Details of any powder coaters in the South East please.

PS – that on-one looks great – any contact details?

almightydutch
    Free Member

Adam from Planet Wheels in Brownhills, Staffs:

65 quid for complete end to end service(bar pluggin holes which i did myself)

BigJohn

Planet Wheels – is that the one with the comedy pink limos outside?

ianv
    Free Member

Triple-S in particular.

Is that the one in Bingley? Joe from Lamberts reckons they are excellent. No personal experience though.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Hasn’t planet wheels shut down now?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Used Triple-s twice now and they’ve been nothing but perfect. Not as cheap as some of the other places mentioned here but the finish is flawless and all bearing surfaces etc masked off brilliantly. Needed no prep before rebuidling unlike the other two places I’ve had frames done at which have needed service work with a file to get overspray out of seattubes etc.

At work at the moment so no pics though…

henni
    Free Member

Pentland powder coating in Edinburgh, did a real good job and even got £5 off as a student discount, so was only £25 for a hardtail. I’m really happy with it.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Tracey, how much did you pay and how long ago?

hunterst
    Free Member

This was done at triple s

Satin black – really nice, smooth, tough finish

Seems to holding up very well to scratches and chips etc

Sorry the pics aren’t closer to show the finish properly.

Think this was £55-£60

angryratio
    Free Member

bettablast plus one..
    easy to get to off the a19 in the northeast.

Thats the job they did on a pals bike.

portlyone

I used Triple S on my Heckler. Great finish and has lasted a year of abuse very well; including an Alps visit.

Friends have used Triple S on the back of seeing mine.

Tracey

Giant was £65 Specialized was £55 and the Santa Cruz was £45 that included stripping the old stuff off and masking every thing out. All done in the last 2 years. We had another Reign done about 4 years ago which Abigale out grew. The finish was as good when we sold it as it was when it was done

almightydutch
    Free Member

Yes guys right about Planet wheels and the Pink limo’s.

As for it shutting down, i’ve just give Adam a call and no he’s still in business.

godzilla
    Free Member

Tracey what inspired your colour ways, the little mirmaid?

Tracey

They are the girls bikes, we just took them there and they picked the colours and the finishes

tops5
    Free Member

Hunterst – what bike is that then? I like!

benz
    Free Member

Methinks that is a Fisher Opie/GED/Bitter?

Only cos I have a surplus frame the same hanging in the garage….powdercoated white as it happens….but by a local firm – ok but nothing special unlike some of the ones above.

I_Ache
    Free Member

almightydutch – Member

Yes guys right about Planet wheels and the Pink limo’s. As for it shutting down, i’ve just give Adam a call and no he’s still in business.

You don’t happen to know if that’s Adam Wright do you by any chance? I’m sure its him that owns/owned it, I went to school with his sister.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Had my Cove done…

Not by Tripple S, but a guy down near Wrexham..

Spot on for about £40..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

That DMR looks brilliant

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Superior powdercoating (Mark is a MTBer) did a mega job for us (Leister – ish area?):

http://www.superiorpowdercoatings.co.uk

hunterst
    Free Member

@ tops 5 – thanks
    Its a gary fisher mullet frame.

Dont want to hijack thread. Build is here if you want to have a look
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/nearly-finished-my-new-bike-build-pics

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Show me you powdercoats’ is closed to new replies.