Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Show me you lightweight Full Sus XC Race bikes
  • fotorat
    Free Member

Feeling in the mood for a new 2010 XC full sus bike, budget is 4-5K and it must have fairly slack head angle, I dont like anything steeper than 68 degrees.

Show me what you have got and tell me about it….

bol

Mmm. Not sure you'll find all that many xc race bikes with a head angle as slack as that. Plenty of trail bikes you could race, but that's a bit different. You could race something like a Stumpy, but even that's got a head angle of 68.5.

Dougal
    Free Member

68 or slacker is going to be a zero-chance find. 80mm frame with 100mm forks? Even then it's going to mess everything else up.

Here's mine, MSC Koncept Carbon, 20.57lbs in this build with no stupid weight-weenie stuff.

Might be slightly out of budget mind.

tazzymtb

no stupid weight-weenie stuff.

other than the Stans olympic rims, maxxis exception tyres and a minimalist sadle? 😀

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Looks like a new ultimate seat post as well.

No weight weenie stuff my ass.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

tazzymtb – olympics seem strong enough for day to day riding, plenty of fans on here. Maxxis exception tyres are also fine, I use a crossmark on the back when it's a bit drier, it's been fine in all types of terrain. And minimalist saddles are fine if you have the right shaped arse 😀 I wouldn't say any of that is weight weenie stuff!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Show me you lightweight Full Sus XC Race bikes’ is closed to new replies.