Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Italspark has a new campervan and a weekend pass. Where should we go?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

My pal has a new t5 camper and a full weekend pass.

After last weeks semi-aborted Lochnagar ride, we need to think about some low level but still challenging rides. Italspark is near Edinburgh, I'm in Fife.

3 hours driving will get us to Torridon, Glencoe, Cairngorms, Deeside and Speyside.

Can anyone suggest a couple of good long days of low level challenging riding loops. Neither of us are remotely interested in any trail centre mincing.

MC

mcmoonter
    Free Member

no suggestions?

swiss01
    Free Member

go to the bookshop. buy kenny millar's book or one of those things and the country is your oyster.

i would go and look at routes but mrs swiss has returned from englandshire chock full of the cold which she's generously shared with me so looking at routes i shan't be able to do this weekend would just plunge me into further depression…

geoffj

the low level part is the problematic bit.

Personally, I'd base myself in Aviemore Rothiemurchus and ride from there.

swiss01
    Free Member

okay so maybe that wasn't the most helpful! in which case, assuming you want to keep the driving to a minimum. what about dalwhinnie ben alder one day then follow it up with the kinloch rannoch loch garry loop the following day.

good stretch of the legs, nice countryside. i'd fancy it myself if i wasn't leaking all my body fluid thru my face..

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

For an all dayer the Glen Tilt circuit as per Kenny W's book is a stunner. Took me about 6 hours in dry conditions. Just make sure you do it when there hasn't been too much rain for a couple of days or you'll struggle to ford the Allt Garb Bhuidhe. Do it anticlockwise as per the book.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Italspark has a new campervan and a weekend pass. Where should we go?’ is closed to new replies.