Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Show me yer Orange Alpine 160’s
  • lambbhoona
    Free Member

I’m expecting delivery of mine this week and will post pics once its out the box – if anyone fancies dropping a pic of theirs on the site i’d be intersted to see how you have built it up.

cheers

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Not me, but a lad I ride with.

Si on Blacka4

I just love the colour of the trees in this one 😀

A160 Tree

adam@orange
    Free Member

Here’s mine

adam@orange
    Free Member

This one belongs to Nige

mamadirt
    Free Member

Loving that black one. Will Orange have any test bikes at Mayhem? Off there in a mo’.

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Liking the last one. What’s the headangle? Looks steep compared to similar bikes from other companies.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

adam@orange saw your bike at Fort Bill, very nice! How are the Funn brakes? And what sort of rims did you get powder coated?

Cheers

adam@orange
    Free Member

The rims are Mavic 321 Disc. The Funn brakes are super powerful. Can be a bit much if it’s really greasy. Off to the Alps in a few weeks though. So the real test will begin.

Head angle isn’t as steep as it looks in the pictures it’s 66deg from memory.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Cheers Adam, have fun in the Alps!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

out of interest, why the different swingarm to every other orange?

jam-bo

its on the new 225 and patriots.

Mine arrives on wednesday, can’t wait!!!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

nope, cant dig out any patriots/225’s with swing arms like the alpine. Just wondeing because years ago there was an interview with one of th euys form orange in one of the mags (rubbish referance i know) where they went on about how revoutionary the box setion was for them in terms of swing arm design, being much lighter and stiffer than the tubed ones they’d used previously.

mandog

Does this count?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Oooh, Mrspoon . .. what is that? New Patriot?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

“Oooh, Mrspoon . .. what is that? New Patriot? “

was on the front page a few months back, no definite production but maybe a new Patriot. Should still be in the front page archive somewhere.

EDIT here http://www.singletrackworld.com/2009/05/is-this-the-new-orange-patriot/

GolfChick
    Free Member

what sort of weights are u getting with these frames?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

31-34 lbs with air fork/shock depending on the rest of the build. They seem to roll very fast and hold speed well

mamadirt
    Free Member

Cheers Andy – looks good 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

prototype patriot and 225 (allegedly, orange prototypes rarely seem to have any bearing on what apears in the shops).

Basicly (from the rumours ive read) similar geometry/weight/sizes to the current/old 224 and patriot, but with a linkage so that they can fit hugggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeee shocks.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

That new patriot looks awful, the white one above is nice

AndyPaice
    Free Member

the linkage also affects the way the shock feels. It’s similar to my old yeti asx, where the first two thirds of the suspension travel feels very supple and soft and then it ramps up. IIRC it’s to do with the linkage forcing the rear of the shock downwards as it compresses?

Richyb
    Free Member

Whoops

rideit
    Free Member
    R-IK
    Free Member

Here are mine. I bought them ~4 months ago but started to ride only a month ago (I had shoulder dislocation…guess why :?). till now I have upgraded the front & rear shocks and replaced the stock pedals with Sunline V1s.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

i love love love my alpine

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

dgrider
    Free Member
    joemetcalfm
    Free Member

very cool. will it happen?

benjag
    Free Member

got mine coming with a cane creek DB :mrgreen:

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Show off.

🙂

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

joe do you live in hebden

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Why have Orange not put the tapered headtube on the Alpine, surely front end stiffness is more important on a bigger travel bike like that?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Show me yer Orange Alpine 160’s’ is closed to new replies.