Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shoulder protection for the asymmetric man
  • sofaboy73
    Free Member

In many years of riding I’ve managed to dislocate both shoulders on a number of occasions and separate both AC joints, the net result (other than looking very lopsided) is that both of my clavicles protrude at the shoulder end quite badly so I always ride with some form of lightweight shoulder protection to protect them. For years I’ve used 661 short sleeve sub gear tops (and unpicked the overly warm chest ‘protection’) but my last set has finally given up the ghost and they appear to of stopped making them. Any recommendations for similar short sleeve shoulder protection that isn’t restrictive or too hot (ideally without chest or spine protection built in – gets too hot on big rides)?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Shoulder protection for the asymmetric man

You are Ephialtes of Trachis and I claim my five drachma.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

anyone with any ideas, struggling to find something suitable

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

start swimming. i did my AC joint 3 years ago and had rebuilt my strength back to 95-97%, had an rta back in february and the same shoulder has been jarred again, currently having physio.

when i first did my AC joint the consultant who was a keen mtb’er told me not to bother with shoulder pads and ride better lines.
    just an idea

sofaboy73
    Free Member

start swimming. i did my AC joint 3 years ago and had rebuilt my strength back to 95-97%, had an rta back in february and the same shoulder has been jarred again, currently having physio

my issue isn’t around strength or stability of the joint, it’s that the tips of the clavicles (the left especially) protrude quite badly with noting but a bit of skin for protection. just trying to avoid the bone rock interface following a crash!

@stevied – that 7iDP looks like a potential, if not a bit spendy

dropoff

Hi. I’m in the same situation as you. I tried that 7iDP as it looked ideal unfortunately although very comfortable the material is just too soft to hold the pads in place. Currently looking at bastardising a couple of elbow pads from 661

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shoulder protection for the asymmetric man’ is closed to new replies.