Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • Should I have a rant?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Someone has annoyed me. It’s not cost me money (The reverse if anything) but it’s cost me time and I bent over backwards to help them out and they pissed me about from, if not square one, then certainly square two. Then metaphorically slapped me in the face.
    I was actually warned about this person in advance by a friend too, as they’ve also been pissed about by them, but it was too late by then.

This person might well read this thread (I hope they do actually)

I really want to let rip, I really do. And I might. But don’t know if I should, if it’s fair or not. And I’m a nice person, I’m not like that.

Bunch of arse.

Pook

yeah go for it – if only to entertain us on a Friday.

xcgb
    Free Member

yes you should so we can all judge 🙂

jonnycritchley
    Free Member

Do it!

Cougar

Have you considered telling the person in question instead?

Gary_C

Yep! Have aa good rant, & extra points for capitals, intelligible gibberish, **** etc!

EDIT:

Come on, this is stw, no place for rational thinking such as that.

binners

Caps lock at the ready? Sweary filter avoidance mode engaged? Scattergun attitude to who’s responsible, fired up? Pre-menstrual-feminist-style irrational, brooding, anger deployed? … aaaaaaand………… GO!!!

@MarkMyRant.com

MrsToast
    Free Member

Pre-menstrual-feminist-style irrational, brooding, anger deployed? …

Oi! I resemble that remark!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Don’t worry, I’m doing just that, there’s no swear filter on Google Mail.

Jamie
    Free Member

Well, it’s been 6 minutes. Hurry up. My teas going cold and biscuits stale.

Pook

yeah marking the rant down already

Jamie
    Free Member

To have a pre-rant teaser like this, really does add a lot of pressure on the OP to deliver a nut crunchingly power ballad of a rant.

br
    Free Member

and since you were warned beforehand, surely its you that’s the knob?

Jamie
    Free Member

and since you were warned beforehand, surely its you that’s the knob?

He was warned too late. So it’s the guy that warned him that’s the nob.

I think.

fasthaggis

Thunderbirds voice >> ” FIVE …FOUR…THREE….TWO……”

gravitysucks
    Free Member

So it’s the guy that warned him that’s the nob.

Or the guy that didn;t read the OP properly 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

Is it Hora? 🙂

pudd
    Free Member

I bet its vorlich.

lb77

OP, you’re not a bricklayer are you? 😉

soma_rich
    Free Member

Who is it?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

OK.

I can’t be bothered to find the links but if you look through my recent threads you’ll see I’ve been selling a lot of kit for a friend. You’ll also see I replied to a wanted ad for some £150 15mm wheels
    I have a lovely pair of DT/XTR 15mm wheels for sale. £450 worth new. I dropped to £155.
    Then I get an email from a mate whos seen my reply telling me to be careful and that this person has pissed him around in the past. Ever the optimist I carry on

Turns out he doesn’t have £150
    Wants to send me a deposit and pay the rest next week

WHY THE SMEG WOULD YOU PUT A WANTED AD IN FOR £150 WHEN YOU DON’T HAVE £150?

I stay calm. No worries
    I get the deposit. I relax

Then today I get an email saying he cant afford the wheels because he’s spent £900 on a frame

Say WHAT?

You don’t HAVE £900!

I’m not making you buy my wheels, if you don’t want them, just turn me down. Loads of people do that. I’ve done it. But don’t waste my time.

Thing is. I’m honest. He’ll get his money back. But I could smash things right now. Lots of things.

I would suggest not dealing with him. But do what you like, obviously

binners

Is it Hora?

Now what on earth would make you say a thing like that? 😉

dribbling
    Free Member

I think it all sounds totally reasonable; the guy just got his priorities right and you are clearly over-reacting.

*runs away and hides.

wrecker
    Free Member

Ah. Yes. He did something similar to me over a frame. Seems like a nice enough chap, just a bit haphazard.
    But hey, these things happen on classifieds. I didn’t let it bother me at all.
    I’ve kept the frame now and it’ll be an ace (if slightly extravagant) spare bike.

binners

Isn’t the whole point of giving you a deposit, that if they then renege on their end of the deal, then they can ****ing whistle for it if they then want it back?

Keep it. As recompense for your present blood pressure

theotherjonv

In my world a deposit is a payment to secure the item pending later payment in full. If you then decide not to proceed, you lose the deposit.

If they have history for this sort of thing, then maybe losing money as a result might be more effective than an internet flaming.

soma_rich
    Free Member

You’re giving him his money back? MENTAL
    He paid a deposit.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m honest. I couldn’t do that. I just can’t.

DezB
    Free Member

He sold a frame for over £400 a week ago, so he must have some money. Keep the deposit!

theotherjonv

and then he’ll do it again.

tell him you’re witholding his payment as you’re entitled to, but as you haven’t lost from it either you’ll be donating it to McMillan / BHF / Sarcoma…… instead?

bigyinn
    Free Member

If you put a deposit in anything and then change your mind, deposit is normally non refundable. Ok you’re not a business, but tough titties.

julianwilson
    Free Member

-Reads far to gramatically well Peter.
    -Good use of an “of the moment” (new series innit) comedy rude word. -However it needs some random keyboard slamming like this:

‘[ihmngvna;yeombjv6nhtspojgcf0-93

-I do like the idea of you simmering there comtemplating breaking stuff too. Don’t break the wheels though. They are worth £450!

I think before passing judgement we really need to know what frame he spent £900 he didn’t have on. If it is not really special then I reckon its a genuine “let rip”. 😀

Dobbo

Keep the deposit, or a %age of it.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I have fully ripped a strip off him via email though. You CANNOT keep pissing people around, ESPECIALLY on STW. Too many of us know each other.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m honest. I couldn’t do that. I just can’t.

Me neither. I think you’re doing the right thing.

tomhoward

Oooh CAPS, now it’s getting good 🙂

Just need the culprit to step in now and it could go fully nuclear.

*Sips brew*

wwaswas

to be fair to lodrik, it’s a very nice frame.

dribbling
    Free Member

Another public thrashing of an individual on STW.

Great.

Re: “I’m honest” is commendable (although honesty is not relevant) – you feel that on balance, he should get his deposit back, which is down to being honorable.

Now you’ve called him out by name, which is as far from honorable as I can think.

I think you’re both even now.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

To be fair to me, It’s a flipping superb pair of wheels. There’s £350 worth of hubs alone.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Should I have a rant?’ is closed to new replies.