Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Should David Beckham be Knighted?
  • Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Without a doubt. Should be Knighted

I’m not a football fan or a celebrity follower but got a lot of time for him. I’ve seen like people above how he acts with kids, his charity work and what he does for THE EMPIRE!! 👿

mooman
    Free Member

is Tom Jones a Knight too?

Kinda highlights what being one means then doesnt it …
    Anybody watched The Voice ??

Just another outdated meaningless title for todays contemporary celebrity

neninja
    Free Member

He represents England with pride on the world stage, does loads of charitable work, is a former England captain, has a great work ethic etc.

How many other Brits would be picked out for personal banter by the US president?

He’s one of the few footballers who kids should actually aspire to be like. Compared to the usual senior civil servants or company chairman who get knighthoods I’d rather see him get one.

mooman
    Free Member

He is a footballer .. a guy who is/was very good at kicking a ballabout.

An example of societies obsession with celebrity … 😕

Edukator
    Free Member

Yes.

MSP

He’s one of the few footballers who kids should actually aspire to be like. Compared to the usual senior civil servants or company chairman who get knighthoods I’d rather see him get one.

+1

He might turn it down rather than be associated with Sir Alan (wanna buy my grandmother?) Sugar or Sir Philip (what this truck full of money, no its not taxable, I am just taking it to Monaco for a holiday) Green.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I was talking with my dad about the Beckhams just yesterday. His thoughts were,

people have thrown money at the Beckhams , they’ve been good at catching it. You can hardly blame them. I’m sure most of us would do the same.

I have to say I agree. I don’t get this nonsense about Beckham being an average player either. When he was knocking long passes across the park with the accuracy that he did. Then he could always change a game.

zimbo
    Free Member

Aaah I rarely swear in here but **** off zimbo!!

Well I’ve not stopped crying after that – I’m terribly hurt.
    I’m not knocking the bloke’s prudent and benevolent use of his profile – fair play to him. I’m knocking the fact that he’s been given the status he has because of our Hello magazine culture.
    I don’t really care whether he’s knighted or not – I fully support recognition of people who contribute to this land and state, but calling people “Sir” is a horrible face of our archaic feudal hierarchy.
    But, like other posters have said, maybe better Beckham than some faceless corporate brown-nose.
    Anyway, I’ll be a good lad and **** off now, like I was told!

donsimon
    Free Member

status he has because of our Hello magazine culture.

Isn’t Hello magazine quite a respectful and tasteful magazine when compared to some of the other tea break sh1te? 😕

zimbo
    Free Member

status he has because of our Hello magazine culture.

I’ll be honest, I haven’t read any of them, but isn’t it just the same sh*te on more expensive paper?

donsimon
    Free Member

but isn’t it just the same sh*te on more expensive paper?

I think not because it’s done with the participants knowledge.
    No paparazzi, sensationalistic upskirt photography or kiss and tell stories.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

People love to find a reason to hate DB, but I have to wonder why (ok, marrying and stopping posh spice disappearing into obscurity apart). But here is a guy who has made the most of what he has got talent wise, didn’t winge when his career looked to be peaking, extended his career through very hard work, was friendly to my wife and son in shop(!), worked hard for the Olympics and the World Cup, is presentable and pleasant in interviews. Quite a contrast to many of his peers. And of course, the free kick against Greece!!

So good for him, there are far worse out there. Not sure he deserves a knighthood but lesser figures have got them.

zimbo
    Free Member

but isn’t it just the same sh*te on more expensive paper?

I think not because it’s done with the participants knowledge.
    No paparazzi, sensationalistic upskirt photography or kiss and tell stories

So it’s different sh*te on more expensive paper!

donsimon
    Free Member

So it’s different sh*te, that I’ve never read yet still feel qualified to comment on, on more expensive paper!

You won’t mind if I dismiss your opinion. 😉

zimbo
    Free Member

You won’t mind if I dismiss your opinion.

Sorry mate, I didn’t realise you were a subscriber…just tell me to **** off!

zimbo
    Free Member

that I’ve never read yet still feel qualified to comment on

never read it, but I have seen it, and I’m aware of what it’s all about…when I’ve finished reading the labels on all the old paint tins in the shed, I might give it a fling…

donsimon
    Free Member

Sorry mate, I didn’t realise you were a subscriber..

I’m not, but I do find it strange that you have an opinion on something you’ve never experienced. Or are you forming an opinion about me without knowing what you’re talking about?

and I’m aware of what it’s all about..

Yet you called it shite, when it is quite ethical and employ quite talented people.
    Maybe you don’t like it, or don’t agree with it, but it’s not shite. 😉

zimbo
    Free Member

Maybe you don’t like it, or don’t agree with it, but I DON’T THINK IT’S shite

Fixed yours.

I think it’s sh*te.

Fixed mine.

Everyone’s happy! 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Hombre, I don’t like, I don’t read it but I do think it is true to its beliefs and it is not shite, so changing my words doesn’t make me happy.

zimbo
    Free Member

I do think it is

[quote]not shite[/quote]

That’s exactly what I said you said.

zimbo
    Free Member

Let’s not go on, there are no facts here, just opinions.
    Off to get the shed keys…

chewkw
    Free Member

I think everyone should be knighted or able to buy one … 😆

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Should David Beckham be Knighted?’ is closed to new replies.