Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Shorts (Baggies) and jacket recommend me some please
  • solman
    Free Member

Hello,

I'm looking for a new pair of riding shorts and jacket/coat for me birthday. As this is the least interesting part of mountainbiking I have no idea what shorts and jacket are good and what aren't.

My requirements are baggies with liner, and jacket that is waterproof and magically breathable at the same time.

ta

peachos
    Free Member

got some of these last week because i'm fed up of having a soggy ass from wearing cotton shorts. lightweight & quick drying & baggy. and cheap. and they have a liner – what more do you want?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24948

peachos
    Free Member

oh and they have mahoosive pockets; big enough for a map even!!

MRanger156
    Free Member

Raceface VO2 shorts are V light and a nice cut. I have the liner-less ones so not sure what the liner is like. Have a look on Always Riding's website.

Gore Jackets are nice, although no venting.

clunker

£22 8) for Large getting some in now, not wanting to sound to gay but do these sit above or below the knee.

grumm
    Free Member

Anyone tried those Royal Shorts with pads? I have some other Royal shorts and they are a real pain to get over Kyle Straits.

peachos
    Free Member

clunker they sit at the knee for me. perfect fit.

clunker

Cheers peachos was hoping they might cover my knobly knees 😆

bawbag
    Free Member

The Royal shorts are a good bit cheaper at Wiggle – http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Royal_Racing_Rivet_Baggy_Shorts/5360039735/

Just had to return a pair of Endura Singletrack's including the liner as the stitching had completely gone on the inseam. Even though I bought them in January Wiggle refunded the full amount. Looked like a bit of a design fault and I would expect a pair of shorts costing £60 would last more than 9 months.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

[img]http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Original/22584.jpg[/img]

try these work for me 😀

and before anyone says it no there not to scale iam not that fat 😆

iDrew
    Free Member

I'm a big fan of Fox Sergeant baggies – detachable inner liner, adjustable waist, stretchy/water-resistant material 😀

hotcharge
    Free Member

Got to be the latest stuff from Mavic. Unbelivable shorts, no faff, no velcro (or devils semen) to annoy and fit really well.

I use Endura Humvee's on my legs, although it's yet another pair of shorts I seem to wear the stiching away on the backside seams far too easily.

Endura Stealth Jacket is pricey, but a fantastic performer. Only good for temperatures below about 10 degrees though, as it's a warm one – breathes and wicks well though.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

try Decathalon – i picked up 2 pairs of baggies with liners for £15 each.

So far they are very comfy, have 3 pockets on the front and one on the rear with a keyloop thingy.
    Quick drying etc.

Bargain for me.

I thought the Decathlon shorts looked very, erm, short.

peakmonster
    Free Member

Endura hummve's also come with clip in liner with pad

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Shorts (Baggies) and jacket recommend me some please’ is closed to new replies.