Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Shortage of 2nd hand road frames.?
  • stanfree
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for a second hand road frame on a budget and pretty shocked at the lack of availability . I thought the likes of ebay and gumtree would throw up old Spesh , trek and Giant frames which are unloved and have been upgraded.
    Obviously not , Unless I want a cheap import carbon from Hong kong then Im really struggling.

Any Ideas where to look or even for a cheap new frame , so far Ribble seems like the only one I can find.

Muchos Gracias..

alex222
    Free Member

what size do you want?

stanfree
    Free Member

Im 5’9″ with shortish legs , probably a 56cm .

cynic-al
    Free Member

I have been looking on ebay too and pickings seem poor, plenty junk around.

stanfree
    Free Member

Have you looked at Ribble Al. ? There seems to be a couple of cheapish alloy frames on sale , but the pickings on Ebay are extremely slim.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m only after a bargain upgrade, I don’t need one.

kayak23

Is it maybe because of all the fixie conversions?
    I can’t seem to find any bargain old knackers at all…

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Im 5’9″ with shortish legs , probably a 56cm .

Same as you. I found 56cm to be too big. Much more comfy on a 54cm.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is it maybe because of all the fixie conversions?

I think they pushed up the bottom of the market, still lots of 80’s steel racers out there, they’re just £200 rather than £20.

I doubt roadies upgade frames in the way MTBers do, they just seem to buy a new bike when an old one dies and all the bits shuffle arround the remaining frames.

antigee

here in sheffield quite a few appear on the tri club website

http://sheffieldtriclub.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=selling

organic355
    Free Member

Ive got a 54cm Spesh roubaix elite (2004) I am wanting rid off, if you are interested?

just stripped it down yesterday.

Looks (ed) like this:

it does need some attention though a seatpost is stuck, but i havnt really tried with any great effort to get it out. Can send you pick once I have cleaned it up.

Was going to stick the forks on the classifieds as they are still in v good nick.

finbar
    Free Member

I’ve got a 54cm Trek Madone F&F&headset i’ll be selling as soon as i get time to take pictures… will be looking for about £250.

GW
    Free Member

Patience dude!!

😉

alex222
    Free Member

I have a friend selling a trek 54cm. full bike though. £250 I think

druidh
    Free Member

Try again in November

stanfree
    Free Member

Patience dude!!

I know but im sitting in the house all day bored out my thruptnies 😆

There is only so much Jeremy Kyle and loose women to occupy my time and the Giro is on every day.

thomthumb
    Free Member

I doubt roadies upgade frames in the way MTBers do, they just seem to buy a new bike when an old one dies and all the bits shuffle arround the remaining frames.

yeah, that. most of the road guys i know buy and sell bikes. they might replace bits as they are wear out but they don’t swap bits out much.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Shortage of 2nd hand road frames.?’ is closed to new replies.