Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • short travel non xc race geo full sus?
  • metalheart
    Free Member

Looking for a full sus bike (under £2k) that ideally has 100mm rear/120mm front suspension with non racey relaxed angles with plenty of standover height.

And I’m just shy of 6 ft (33″ inside leg) so sizing can be awkward.

Looked at an Anthem X but it didn’t hit the spot (reckon it was the racer angles myself, felt like it was trying to shuck me off the front on the downs).

Any recommendations/suggestions?

GW
    Free Member

tazer?

GW
    Free Member

blur 4x?

GW
    Free Member

or find a 6″ travel bike that you could use a shorter shock on to lower the travel and slacken out

metalheart
    Free Member

er I did mention sub £2k for the bike didn’t I?

this is not a money no object project. just a 20% reduction of hours/pay project!

GW
    Free Member

eh?

Tazer frame £850 – Pikes £320 – so plently left for a decent build with £2k to spend.

metalheart
    Free Member

Intense Tazer is a VP and I admit I didn’t check out the CRC may sale price (but I note the circa £1.5k rrp). However looking for an all day frame, that one would cripple me!

4x’s not UK available anymore are they?

Must admit though you are thinking along the right lines though.

james
    Free Member

Orange ST4?
    Commencal Meta 4 (or it a super 4?)

Both slacker angles than the norm for the travel

Not as beefy as a 4X bike or 6″ bike short/slackened but ought to be a bit better all round?

metalheart
    Free Member

Must admit, the Commencal Super 4 is on the list.

druidh
    Free Member

Trance (not X)? Seems lots of folk have been putting longer forks on them (115mm or so).

ChrisS
    Free Member

Had a hankering for something like this myself, DIRT magazine loved the cannondale carbon rush, they went for the Rush 3 with the 120mm fox float which is slightly slacker than the lefty models, fitted a short stem and tougher tyres then raved about it.

ChrisS
    Free Member

I think your budget would stretch to the Rush 4 which is basically the same bike but with less adjustable shocks….

chakaping
    Free Member

Trance (not X)? Seems lots of folk have been putting longer forks on them (115mm or so).

Yep, I think that’s just what you want Metalheart.

120mm Reba (w/maxle) on mine – brilliant trail bike – definitely not XC geom.

I got it to replace my Anthem and it’s a completely different kettle of fish. Same great suspension system but much more technically capable.

You want the ’08 model as the frame was lightened considerably, and then it was phased out for ’09. Pedalon and Paul’s Cycles had quite a few when I was shopping at start of year, but I went secondhand in the end.

Picture…

GaryLake
    Free Member

I’ve got an ST4 on demo tomorrow and Monday – I’ll report back.

chomp
    Free Member

I’d deffo give the commencal super 4 a try. I ride one and love it.

deus

Yeti 4x ?

v10
    Free Member

IH Bootleg?

druidh
    Free Member

SC Superlight?

metalheart
    Free Member

Must admit that the Trance does sound interesting. Not that a quick google turned up anything finite…

A superlight with 120 fork for under £2k, you are kidding right… Must admit though that I have tried this set up and I suppose had it at the back of my mind. If it was the right price…

Oh and the yeti 4x would blow the budget on the frame more or less, even worse than the SC. Also don’t think any 4x is for me, need more stretched bike position for the old back.

Thanks for all the suggestions though.

metalheart
    Free Member

oh no…

I’ve only went and looked at that chumba VF2 thread haven’t I.

bearing in mind my Cotic (with Pikes) I could just get a new frame and swap things couldn’t I? Then build back up the Cotic later when I can afford it.

hmm…

Simon, you are evil 😈

druidh
    Free Member

The VF2 is a bit “longer” than 100/120.

Nice tho, innit!

Joxster
    Free Member

Epic FSR?

metalheart
    Free Member

druidh, Nice: I’d say so!

aye its a bit more than 100/120mm (and pricier too, more than a superlight). But no more travel than my old Titus.

it is however 4 bar (1 outta how many aint so bad).

you ordered one yet?

metalheart
    Free Member

Epic FSR

thought about it…

never owned a Specialized so far (but not against them).

BearBack
    Free Member

Alloy spark with 120mm forks or even talas 100-120-140’s

Reckon that’s be a super fun and versatile bike.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘short travel non xc race geo full sus?’ is closed to new replies.