Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone done Hope/Ladybower recently?
  • gizzardman
    Free Member

I’m planning on doing the Hope tour tomorrow which covers the Ladybower area (34km?) HAs anyone done it in the laast couple of days and if so what’s the condition of the trails been like??? I don’t want to take a bit of an epic on (for me!) and it be really sh!tted up!

will
    Free Member

Did it on sunday, trails were actually quite dry, climb upto the roman road was a little slippy, with not much traction, the beast was wet, but no more than usual really. Cut throat decent was dry, it was lovely 🙂

Have fun!

matt_outandabout

Yep – stanage was surprisingly dry as well. Dont get me wrong, not summer, but not puddles of peaty water and slimy mud as per usual Peak in winter

antigee

the persistent wind has really dried things up – surprisingly so

sq225917
    Free Member

Was up there yesterday, pretty solid…

AndyPaice
    Free Member

“Cut throat decent was dry, it was lovely [:)] “

was very dry around hope on Sunday, I’ll be happy if cutthroat has dried out as it normally takes ages to dry out

gingerflash

Has anyone ridden this trail recently? Is it OK again or is it still knackered?

thepodge
    Free Member

still all to cock last time i was up that way. just where the trail joins the trees was like a poo filled swimmingpool

thepodge
    Free Member

oh and the farmer is an angry angry man. drove his tractor up the footpath to tell us that bikes were destroying the field and we should be on the bridal way, which is a fair point but we were maybe 10 foot to the left of a poorly marked trail

matt_outandabout

gf – I suspect that one will be out of order until summer – in December I sank a full wheel depth, up to fork crown, into the bottom mud pool (29er wheel…), and the ride down was just 4-6″ of mud the whole way.

Until logging is finished and they resurface, and have dry weather, it will be mud.

(was fun thoug…)

AndyPaice
    Free Member

” gingerflash – Member

Has anyone ridden this trail recently? Is it OK again or is it still knackered? “

” matt_outandabout – Member

gf – I suspect that one will be out of order until summer – in December I sank a full wheel depth, up to fork crown, into the bottom mud pool (29er wheel…), and the ride down was just 4-6″ of mud the whole way.

Until logging is finished and they resurface, and have dry weather, it will be mud.

(was fun thoug…) “

I asked the rangers last week, or the week before, and the logging operation has now finished. However, the contracotr was still attempting reinstatement of the track. The bottom bit next to the gate was being repaired with limestone boulders and clay 🙁 but we did not venture up to have a look at the rest of it.

will
    Free Member

AndyPaice – Member

was very dry around hope on Sunday, I’ll be happy if cutthroat has dried out as it normally takes ages to dry out

It definitely was dryer that i have seen it in ages, lots of grip, and some lovely speed and rolling sections!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone done Hope/Ladybower recently?’ is closed to new replies.