Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Short notice pub ride in the land of Hit The North
  • Harry_the_Spider

Anyone playing out tomorrow (Tuesday) evening?

Road, MTB or CX. I’m not fussed. 8:15 blast off from The Church Inn, 2 hour ride and a couple of pints to finish.

Post on here if you want to join me, otherwise I’ll just go straight out without detouring to the meeting point.

Harry_the_Spider

Any takers?

Naranjada
    Free Member

It’s a totally non-committed maybe from me Harry as it depends on whether (a) my neck is still blummin killing me after a day sat at my desk and a ride home and (b) I might go to a Pilates class instead – see (a).

If I’m coming I’ll post again when I get home, otherwise don’t detour.

Cheers,
    Iain (blue Cotic Solaris)

binners

Only just seen this fella. I’m riding home from work so won’t be able to make it. Arse! 🙁

RustySpanner

Don’t think I can make tonight.

I thought God had wrought vengence on Prestwich and it’s sinful inhabitants by means of a divine flood?

Harry_the_Spider

Update. Just had an email from the man at the council about the new trails in Philips Park. They want some feedback on grading.

So tonight’s mission will be to do a few laps and decide what is red and what is not.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

tempted… 8.15 at the church?

Harry_the_Spider

Yep.

Should be good. We will be the first to legally ride the new stuff!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yeah, why not?!

Harry_the_Spider

See you there.

Naranjada
    Free Member

I should be there too. I’m rarely late, so if I’m not there at 8:15 I ain’t coming.

Harry_the_Spider

Groovy. Bring beer money. Terrahawk has threatened to join us too.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

ooh shit. i’m getting fitter since starting to commute (resistance training on an MTB with super tacky high rollers on!), but i’m not that quick yet!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

well…
    that was interesting. some pretty brilliant trailbuilding has been taking place in phillips park…

Naranjada
    Free Member

I thought we agreed that we wouldn’t tell anybody else? 😀

Two new fun loops of about 1 mile each that can be ridden as a figure 8.

Combined with the trails in Waterdale park it makes a really great addition to local riding …a mini trail centre in central Manchester. Who’d have thunk it!

Naranjada
    Free Member

Sorry, I should add that the trails aren’t open yet, there’s still some work to be done here and there and they’re not signposted.

binners

Can we organise a ride for next week purleez Harry? I want to go and play on’t new stuff, then drink beer

xherbivorex
    Free Member

er, yeah, actually it’s rubbish and nobody would enjoy it, so best not bother even going to look…

(HtS is speaking to the council fella today to advise of our findings; signage needs to go in but other than that the trails would appear to be good to go as soon as we get the nod that they’re officially open)

RustySpanner

This is good news.

Glad that the new bits have survived the deluge.

I’m really missing those trails – only been away a month, plenty of new stuff to go at but can’t wait to get back and get stuck in again.
    It’s the best ‘local’ place I’ve ever ridden – so much variety, loads to go at and easily to navigate.

Naranjada
    Free Member

Glad that the new bits have survived the deluge

They’ve rebuilt alot of the road bits that got washed away, ie the bit round by the large white metal gate …it’s totally new. Lots of the rest of it has a fresh topping too.

RustySpanner

Have ‘The Chin’ & ‘Preparation H’ survived?

I’ve binned it on those so many times, I’d miss ’em if they’ve gone.

Naranjada
    Free Member

Dunno, I’m not familiar enough with the trail naming conventions. 😀

terrahawk
    Free Member

aye, it’s all do-able.

Harry_the_Spider

Next Tuesday. 8:15pm at the pub. Bring beer money.

We didn’t ride The Chin or Preparation H but they usually survive in bad weather because nobody else is daft enough to use them. The target tree at the bottom of The Chin has gone. They should have sent a bit of it to everybody who has hit it over the years.

hebdenbiker
    Free Member

Offroading in the dark! Explain to the kids that they need an early night, put them to bed at 6:00pm and have a 6:05pm start.

Also, anyone doing events at the walk and ride festival? http://www.walkandridefestival.co.uk/

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Short notice pub ride in the land of Hit The North’ is closed to new replies.