Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • shooting stuff
  • Tango-Man
    Free Member

Kill em young shoot the eggs

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

OP asks question about legalities surrounding teaching kids to be hillbillies on STW and is surprised at righteous indignation.

Have you not thought about ringing your local sheriff and asking?

iDave
    Free Member

I'm glad they're in top sets, they can go to uni and shoot everyone in the Uni lecture theatre.

why would they do that? is that what you'd like to do but no one was there to teach you how to shoot? you're sounding like the mental one to be honest.

user-removed
    Free Member

+1 – Frankenstein is surely trolling?

skidartist
    Free Member

I asked if it was legal

I didn't request a full H&S risk assessment, though nice to know people care

OK, distance wise, technically it would appear to be illegal because of the proximity of the road, theres the "….with the result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered" caveat though there's the question of what 'interruption' actually consists of. It doesn't appear that the law cares what direction the gun is pointing in within 50 ft exclusion, but standing any distance away from a road, or anything or anyone you don't own and firing towards it carries its own penalties, so I'd guess that the legislation counts equally when you are firing in any direction

Although the activity can't be seen, it can probably be heard, which given the unseen element might contribute to 'interruption' above (being able to hear nearby shots but not see where they are being fired too or from, would I some eyes be considered inconvenient)

The aspect i mentioned of 'making a gift' relates to both the gun and the ammunition, or rather the gun or the ammunition. So there is legislation relating the pellets on their own, but what the act of 'making a gift" is exactly, I'm not sure.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Yeah I'm just trolling! 😆

It was an odd question though OP 😯

Plenty of people shoot air rifles and pellets. 😐

I don't think it is healthy option though but you could try posting on gun forums or asking the local Police station for legalities. :mrgreen:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Why hasn't the OP asked the local constabulary? Or did they say "Dunno mate, have you thought about asking on Singletrackworld?"

iDave
    Free Member

local plod may say 'stop that it's deadly' your Honour, hence i asked here

good troll frank

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I guess the Police don't know all the laws and gun law is complex.

Anything on Gov website?

Home Office website?

Sorry OP hope you could see I was joking but I guess I could cause offence if I didn't add a wink and glad your kids are doing well.

I still wouldn't own or instruct air or pellet guns especially to kids as you can never be too safe and there is a lack of responsibility of ownership in media reports and idiots ruining it for controlled enthusiasts.

But sitting on a sofa comes across as unresponsible even if you are responsible in real life.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

user-removed – Member
    Yup – 50 feet from a public highway is the law.

Someone better tell the Army about that then…

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.198538,-1.714189&spn=0.002414,0.006845&t=h&z=18

skidartist
    Free Member

Anything on Gov website?

Home Office website?

Broadly discussed here

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘shooting stuff’ is closed to new replies.