Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 664 total)
  • Shooting in Paris; casualties reported. Hope this isn't what it sounds like.
  • Lifer
    Free Member

enfht – Member
    Zombie apocalypse

What’s wrong with you?

chewkw
    Free Member

Looks like Germany may be next … or Norway or Sweden.

But Germany being Germany if they start to take action it will be done in a highly precision way.

The machine will wake up again.

cbike
    Free Member

BBC confirmed calais pics are old.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Chewkw, WTF are you on about.

chewkw
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Chewkw, WTF are you on about.

Germany with it’s “opened boarder” letting everyone in without checking means some of the infiltrators would have landed already.

If they act on Germany like they have done in France, the retaliation from the German will be far more organise and precise to the point of machine like, unlike France with their laid-back incompetent attitude until things are too late.

The other possible locations/countries that will face the same event will be Norway or Sweden.

Northwind

Jesus christ people… Oh good a terrorist attack, an opportunity to be an arsehole on the internet. This place can make you sick sometimes.

kimbers

chewkw -the charlie hebdo gunmen grew up in france, the 7/7 bombers were from bradford, assuming that these guys just arrived from syria at this point is ridiculous, without knowing any facts

chewkw
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

chewkw youre talking bollox the charlie hebdo gunmen grew up in france, the 7/7 bombers were from bradford, assuming that these guys just arrived from syria at this point is ridiculous

Ya, it’s just make easier to hide amongst the community.

binners

I just cannot comprehend how you arrive at a mindset where you can indiscriminately murder innocent people on this scale. It just defies all my conceptions of what it means to be human, with all the complex emotions that entails.

What is becoming increasingly apparent is that this type of thing is here to stay. It’s the next Cold War. That is now the scale of it. Only with the gloves off. What’s needed is for people to stand up for universal human values. And those universal values are shared by all religions. Now really isn’t the time to be unthinkingly blaming one.

For whatever reasons, and God knows western foreign policy hasn’t helped, we now have a large scale nihilistic death cult, which is a lot more powerful than our media and government would have us believe, and is more than capable of atrocities like this, and seems utterly determined to repeat it, ratcheting it up all the time.

If this stresses anything, it’s the need to face up to this with our shared humanity.

chewkw
    Free Member

binners – Member
    For whatever reasons, and God knows western foreign policy hasn’t helped, …

Nothing to do with your western foreign policy coz they just don’t like you and they want to rule over you.

Like I said in other thread a while back … how can a non-believer solve the problem of believer?

enfht
    Free Member

Deciding to close all universities and colleges tomorrow is very telling indeed. France must face up to some very uncomfortable truths.

jools182
    Free Member

Plenty of people using this as an opportunity to air political views

Some of the things on Facebook are unbelievable

It’s a truly awful, horrific situation. Innocent, unarmed people, going about their business on a Friday night murdered. The Bacalat sounds, well, words don’t seem enough to express how horrendous that must have been.

I’m sad, frustrated and angry at the same time

People really are despicable

Thoughts will be with those poor people for quite some time

I had planned to be there today, but the dates changed 2 weeks ago

racefaceec90

just switched on the news and seen the breaking news about this 🙁

my thoughts to all the people of paris.

atlaz
    Free Member

Deciding to close all universities and colleges tomorrow is very telling indeed.

It’s only “very telling” in that they’re closing all state controlled public places.

singletrackmind

I just hope we don’t see a rage filled race -hate backlash against anyone who has a slightly different skin tone .

Some people might use the opportunity to insight violence in the name of revenge . Unfortunatly these type of people are too stupid to differentiate and innocent , nice, kind people might suffer .

The poor refugeees fleeing Syria may also find their route harder as a backlash from ‘anyone’ from ‘over there’ are basically ‘all the same’ , which they cleary are not , but if you throw wild accusations
    around and shout loud enough it only takes a few knuckle heads to listen and take action.

I just dont get it at all. Its only a people few at the top , telling the impressionable younger ones lies and mistruths that change people into angry killers who are manipulated to do this type of thing .

Expect DC to spin this up and see his smug face all over the BBeeb offering support and condolances to all .

Must be like being in a WW2 battle with that number of wounded and dead in the space of an hour or so. The EMS must have been overwhelmed and traumatised from the sheer scale of casualties.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Just beyond belief how these creatures could do this! 100 hostages shot dead! FFS!!

senorj

Truly awful.
    Cowardly shitbags.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Constantly drawn to the news again formally the wrong reason, How long will it be before this happens in UK streets, shocked beyond belief

cookeaa

Truly terrible, hope everyone’s loved ones are safe and sound…

cookeaa

Blimey Hugh Schofield’s report.

Nobby

A very, very sad day.

Hearing a Bataclan survivor saying the gunmen were very calm & quiet yet would randomly just shoot other victims when they felt like it was quite sickening. I cannot imagine what takes a human being to that place.

jonba
    Free Member

A very, very sad day.

Really hoping that the response to this doesn’t involve doing something stupid and rash.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It is time for muslims and muslim countries to condemn this IS nonsense and unit to close it down – Saudi Arabia for one – it can’t be down to western countries only as act as then this will never stop.

nickc

Catching up with the coverage now. Me and my two kids were at a gig in Newcastle last night enjoying ourselves, singing along, jumping up and down and being daft. I can’t quite get my head around how that same experience just turned into instant horror for those poor folk in Paris, what a wasteful **** up thing to happen, I feel sick.

my condolences to all the families.

wilburt
    Free Member

Its not about race or skin colour or any other accusasions of prejudice that are used to shut down sensiible discusion. We cannot have two types of one religion, one peaceful and untouchable beyond critiscm and the other uncomprimising hate filled and murderous and allow with same people to participate in both sides and step between them for protection.

I’m not religous so the word doesnt mean anything to me, a cruel ideology is just that.

jimdubleyou

Shocking.

Couple of thoughts:
    This is a lot less likely to happen in the UK as its a lot harder to get hold of automatic weapons etc.

What is the end game with IS? Saudi are doing nothing, Iran & Iraq similarly quiet. Perhaps for another thread, but how will this end?

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Stuff like this I am generally a bit numb too, I am not saying that proudly by the way, but last night has got to me. I was at an Eagles of Death Metal gig last week, perhaps it just makes it all so real, or perhaps it is something else. Either way…horrific

stumpyjon

I do hope this means we continue to stay out of Syria although I suspect DC will see it as justification to lobby to go in. We have many politically unstable countries on Europe’s borders, wading in after things like this just guarantees the next attack.

We need to let these societies mature at their own speed, every time we wade in we disrupt that process. It was only 70 years ago we Europeans were the politically unstable ones. We managed to come out the other side of it and found the EU.

Time to really think about the cohesiveness of our society, how can we integrate the many different cultures already in Europe without alienating people. People with comfortable lifestyles who feel part of a country are a lot less likely to want to destroy it.

The death toll in these attacks is truly scary, suggest very clam meticulous planning and execution, this is no spur of the moment madman randomly firing into crowds.

revs1972
    Free Member

Couple of thoughts:
    This is a lot less likely to happen in the UK as its a lot harder to get hold of automatic weapons etc.

I wouldn’t believe that for a minute. We are not talking about people who obtain these things legitimately!

v8ninety

the UK… its a lot harder to get hold of automatic weapons etc.

I wouldn’t believe that for a minute. We are not talking about people who obtain these things legitimately!

History would suggest that it is true, although that is no reason for complacency. ‘Harder’ is not ‘impossible’.

Moses

As someone elsewhere said, the perpetrators of these acts are the same people that the Syrian refugees are fleeing from. Yet it is the refugees who will suffer consequences.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Yet it is the refugees who will suffer consequences.

they are mostly not refugees – if they were they would be staying at the nearest safe haven, but most of them have a mission to get to a specific country – making them migrants taking advantage of their situation as they will not be going back to Syria if peace is restored.

You only have to listen to their interviews on the news, complaining about border controls at countries and saying that they don’t want to stay in that country, they want to go to a different one.

ineedabeer
    Free Member

I would think they can get hold of pretty much anything they need to amount an attack here infact they probably already have it, they seem well organised and resourseful if the news is anything to go by.

Lifer
    Free Member

TurnerGuy – Member – Block User
    It is time for muslims and muslim countries to condemn this IS nonsense and unit to close it down – Saudi Arabia for one – it can’t be down to western countries only as act as then this will never stop.

The vast majority of people fighting ISIS on the ground are Muslim FFS.

votchy
    Free Member

From the coverage I have seen no-one has claimed responsibility so we do not know who the perpetrators are. Now is a time for calm thinking, evidence gathering and establishing facts before anyone takes any sort of action in response.

It is horrific but knee jerk reactions will likely result in further unnecessary casualties.

Thoughts to all those that have been affected by these atrocities.

jimdubleyou

The vast majority of people fighting ISIS on the ground are Muslim FFS

Are any of them state armies? I’m guessing a lot are state sponsored?

flange
    Free Member

We have family in Paris – my girlfriends cousin was held in a bar all night as they were only two streets away from one of the attacks. I just can’t fathom why someone would do this, maybe its my naivety and insular upbringing that means that I’ve never felt the anger or hatred that this group of individuals clearly do, but to open fire on innocent people like they have is beyond comprehension.

My worry is that those in power see this as an opportunity to launch attacks on groups as an act of retaliation. I’m of the opinion that there is no real solution to this. Anyone that is willing to kill innocents, blow themselves and others up isn’t the sort to reason with others. Where ever they’re from, they’re extremists and extremists tend to have extremist demands and objectives. Wading in launching attacks on various groups or worse – using it as an excuse (9/11 anyone?) – to me isn’t the solution. Unfortunately I’m not sure what is. Which sadly means we haven’t seen the last of them.

Utterly stunned at some of the posts on here. Ehfnt or whatever your name is – have a word with yourself. You’re almost coming across as gloating.

Paris is a beautiful city. My thoughts are with all those affected by this horrible event

konabunny
    Free Member

they are mostly not refugees – if they were they would be staying at the nearest safe haven

What’s the nearest safe haven to Syria?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is it the country with the most refugees in the world?

they are mostly not refugees – if they were they would be staying at the nearest safe haven, but most of them have a mission to get to a specific country – making them migrants taking advantage of their situation as they will not be going back to Syria if peace is restored.

clearly they are refugees* and the choice of where you flee to is not what defines you as a refugee but what you have to flee from. Whether you will return or not has no bearing on whether you are a refugee but seeing as you are fleeing form persecution the point, you missed, is that its not safe for them to return hence they are a refugee.

* IMHO they are technically IDP – Internally displaced persons- but we use the word refugee instead for some reason

MrWoppit
    Free Member

When the Charlie H thing kicked off, the Morden Amadhiyya mosque (past which, I cycle on my commute) had a police car parked outside and also a group of handy – looking young guys, I assume from the mosque itself, to prevent any nonsense. Ironically, the biggest worry this slice of the Muslim religion has of attack by unfriendly elements is from the rest of Islam. Generalisations are not helpful and will just hinder any useful outcome. Mass quietude on the knee reflex response please, people.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 664 total)

The topic ‘Shooting in Paris; casualties reported. Hope this isn't what it sounds like.’ is closed to new replies.