Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 664 total)
  • Shooting in Paris; casualties reported. Hope this isn't what it sounds like.
  • v8ninety

The ‘global Jihad’ seems to be gathering pace. Can only be a matter of time before something nasty happens over here again; I think I’ll be doing my Christmas shopping on line this year.

Edit; Oh dear. It looks like it is. Horrid.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

The ‘global Jihad’ seems to be gathering pace. Can only be a matter of time before something nasty happens over here again; I think I’ll be doing my Christmas shopping on line this year.

Are you a tabloid headline writer? No info and no conclusions to jump to either.

bearnecessities

BBC news announced it 2 minutes ago.

You posted this 1 minute ago.

Just sayin’.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bumpy
    Free Member

Sadly I think you’re right, It’s only a matter of time before something happens here in the uk.

From what it sounds like on the BBC website it doesn’t sound good in Paris.

loddrik
    Free Member

Just read updates on twitter. Man with assault rifle kills many and explosion heard.

At least 4 dead so far.

v8ninety

Just sayin’.

Just sayin’ what? That I had the news pop up on my screen while I was reading the ‘sad building’ thread, and I decided to post my initial thoughts on it? I’m sorry, I thought this was a discussion forum. I must have missed the rule that says a certain amount of time must be waited before posting about current affairs. :-/

project
    Free Member

AL Jazeera and rt.com reporting 18 dead gunman still on the loose and bomb explosions outside a football stadium

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Don’t forget that one of the locations was near the old Chalrie Hebdo offices too.
    Poor bastards, RIP.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Eeek, I was in Paris last weekend, enjoying it too.

Jeeze. Very sad.

Drac

Awful!

Thoughts with anyone involved. 🙁

project
    Free Member

hostages taken in a night club and grenades being thrown outside football club match

project
    Free Member

french tv reporting 26 now dead

Nobby

Sky news latest: at least 30 dead, some in a reastaurant, most at a gig in a concert hall plus explosions outside the Stade de France where France are playing Germany with the president in attendance.

Apparently there is a hostage aituation at the gig. 🙁

Bad times.

SaxonRider

🙁

mudmonster
    Free Member

This is gonna end up really really bad 🙁

Nobby

Reuters Twitter feed ha photos from restaurant with bodies on the pavement & a police official stating 70-100 hostages at gig & more than 40 dead now.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Not good at all.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

This is very grim. Wishes to everyone in paris.

piemonster

Sympathies to everyone in Paris.

Looking like this will get a lot worse.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

#jesuishumain

Nobby

4th location now – shopping mall at Les Halles.

#jesuishumain

piemonster

Talk of hostages at an Opera hall?

Markie
    Free Member

Any word on motive?

Edit: just seen unconfirmed reports of assailant shouting allahu Akbar as he fired into the crowd.

votchy
    Free Member

Horrific news, hopefully no more injuries and deaths and the perpetrators can be apprehended. Thoughts with all those in Paris

ourmaninthenorth

Mixed reports about the Eagles of Death Metal concert: some reports saying people have escaped, but I’ve just read a tweet by someone claiming to be there that (according to my schoolboy French) translates as “they slaughtered everybody”.

Grim.

But I love the humanity of #porteouverte

For anyone with loved ones in Paris I hope they’re all safe.

Alpha1653

Any word on motive?

You have to ask? A coordinated attack in a European capital city on an unprecedented scale resulting in many deaths? I don’t think we’re going to be staggered when we find out the motive or the ideological persuasion of the perpetrators.

ourmaninthenorth

Borders are closed.

So sad.

duntstick
    Free Member

Tolerance and liberalism to the point of foolishness.

just5minutes
    Free Member

Europe needs to wake up – this is very much the ghost of Christmas future.

The tragic events unfolding this evening in Paris and the evacuation of the French President from a stadium with bombs going off all around is terrible news for La France and the French – but this is a long overdue reality check on the compatability of political Islam with modern democratic secular society.

Markie
    Free Member

I asked about motive because while I suspected I didn’t know.

I believe Europe needs to deal with the problems presented by Islam, Islamification and the integration of Muslims into the continents broadly secular societies.

The closing of borders is a necessary step only because we’ve let things progress this far. I agree with both duntstick and just5 above. :/

spchantler
    Free Member

For gods sake

ourmaninthenorth

Once there’s a confirmation that this is being perpetrated by Islamists, then you can start victim blaming. Until then keep it decent, eh?

Junkyard
    Free Member

but this is a long overdue reality check

I had mistaken it for a terrible terrorist attack.

Please lets just show concern for those in harms way and do the analysis after we have know if people are safe
    PLEASE lets speculate another day/time/thread.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

then you can start victim blaming.

The victims are not to blame.

🙁

#PorteOuverte is life affirming.

Alpha1653

What’s sad is the fact that we virtually no longer need to ask what the motive is…

Drac

Muslim and Islam are two different things.

And yes what Ourmaninthenorth says.

ourmaninthenorth

The victims are not to blame.

My point, CFH.

wrecker
    Free Member

Best wishes to the French emergency services too. They are going to have a night which will live in the memory for a long time. Bloody good luck to the gendarme hunting these animals, hope you all get home safely to your families.

Edukator
    Free Member

Looking at the footage on i-télé from Stade de France I reckon about 5% are Muslim, Madame was out this evening and the Muslim proportion about the same. Millions of Muslims, Christians and people of other religions live in France and we all get along just fine. It’s a tiny minority of extremists attacking the whole population.

These attacks make conditions for the vast majority of the Islam community worse; suspicion, distrust, discrimination and the threat of revenge are the price peaceful Muslims pay for the actions of the minority.

just5minutes
    Free Member

Just about everyone in the liberal left rounded on the author of this book when it was published 9 years ago – it was described as wildly inflammatory. Now it just looks conservative in its prediction of what might happen in the future of the U.K. and Europe.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 664 total)

The topic ‘Shooting in Paris; casualties reported. Hope this isn't what it sounds like.’ is closed to new replies.