Viewing 24 posts - 641 through 664 (of 664 total)
  • Shooting in Paris; casualties reported. Hope this isn't what it sounds like.
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

o Junky, more seriously, what do you think should/could be done? Stop the drones and hope it all goes away? Ground forces (another invasion)? Accept that they are going to bomb cities, and take ground from sovereign states?
    I don’t see many other options as we know that there is no negotiation here. Considering the stated aims of Daesh, there isn’t even a basis to start from.

There’s always the MOSSAD option. Create a list of people who we don’t like, and kill every single last one of them at any point over the next 20 years – quietly without using bombs. Make the ones who aren’t willing to be suicide bombers, wonder if they’re going to die whilst taking a shit – and just to be extra nice – keep the bar relatively low for entry to the list (eg enablers of terrorists).

Morality in these kinds of wars (ideological with no room for dialogue) is for privileged white people.

Then we cut off the ISIL oil lines, even if it includes civilian casualties and then we make friends with the Iranians and have Shia Persians running Syria, Iraq and Iran. Persians of the Shia variety tend to be less explodey.

Seeing people being abused and living in abject squalor makes you think a bit.

+1 all the serving people I know utterly loathe Britain First.

badnewz
    Free Member

I noticed The Premier League has been pushing the commemoration angle to the extreme…I wonder if this is a case of the lady doth protest too much, given how much Saudi money is in the game.

konabunny
    Free Member

There’s always the MOSSAD option. Create a list of people who we don’t like, and kill every single last one of them at any point over the next 20 years – quietly without using bombs. Make the ones who aren’t willing to be suicide bombers, wonder if they’re going to die whilst taking a shit – and just to be extra nice – keep the bar relatively low for entry to the list (eg enablers of terrorists).

IS wants to hasten the apocalypse. Do you think “we might kill you at some point” is going to be very frightening for them?

airtragic
    Free Member

If it’s true, it’s horrendous, and they want to put their house in order sharpish. But drones operate to the same RoE as manned aircraft IME, so the only grounds for objecting to them (assuming you don’t object to a manned strike) is that they are more likely to be there when the target presents and so carry out a successful attack, because of the reduced political risk (no pilot to be captured).

I can’t speak for the Americans and wouldn’t speculate, but I find it VERY difficult to imagine a culture like that is present in UK units.

Edukator
    Free Member

Curious as to what French, American and Russian planes were attacking I had a look around the various news sites and found the Americans had hit over a hundred oil trucks and the Russians about 500. I still can’t find what the French consider legitimate military targets. RT is showing footage of carpet bombing, really accurate that. 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

Media blackout requested in Belgium, major operation underway.

Quite extraordinary a major European capital has closed schools and the metro system for a period of days due to the threat of an attack

@Edukator war isn’t all about laser and GPS guided weapons. We are too use to seeing the video pictures and think it’s all like that. Likewise for the use of Drones which are no different in targeting than jet fighters. Some have now been fitted with technology which fakes mobile phone towers getting militants phones to connect to it in order to enhance ability to trace specific targets.

@grum yes indeed there are others responsible for acts of terror and there is an increasing rebellion against the Russian annexation of Crimea, it’s the general truth in the statement though which makes it a “tag line” IMHO

CountZero

Curious as to what French, American and Russian planes were attacking I had a look around the various news sites and found the Americans had hit over a hundred oil trucks and the Russians about 500. I still can’t find what the French consider legitimate military targets. RT is showing footage of carpet bombing, really accurate that.

I believe the Russians and Americans are targeting Daesh’s oil transportation system, the French I understand are going after command positions, although how accurate their knowledge is is anyone’s guess, however, there are supposed to be people on the ground who are, shall we say, not entirely sympathetic to the Daesh cause, who are feeding detailed info via special forces, which is how they nailed Jihadi John.
    Who really knows.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Wouldn’t like to be one of those lorry drivers. I’m guessing if you don’t drive oils around you don’t get paid and your family starve, or perhaps ISIS kill your family.

I’d like to think when they took over ISIS replaced all lorry drivers with fanatics who deserve to die, but I doubt it.

I’m not saying the lorries shouldn’t be bomber, just that its a shame for the drivers.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Curious as to what French, American and Russian planes were attacking I had a look around the various news sites and found the Americans had hit over a hundred oil trucks and the Russians about 500. I still can’t find what the French consider legitimate military targets. RT is showing footage of carpet bombing, really accurate that.

In regards to carpet bombing, yeah Russians do things the old fashioned way….see Grozny…..they don’t care about collateral damadge.

Kryton57

So America has this morning launched a 3-4 month global Alert which basically amounts to “don’t do stuff” in its generic-ism.

Useful. 😐

stewartc
    Free Member

I see the Turks are helping ISIS further by shooting down the planes bombing them (tongue in cheek, but….)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sting re-opened the Balaclan tonight a year on from the attack. RIP all those murdered and may the survivors be able move forward.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37962584

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Just a shame that the place was attacked during a rock concert then reopened by that gobshite

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

then reopened by that gobshite

Not a huge fan myself, but given the occasion being commemorated, don’t you think we can all aim a little higher in this world than just typing facile abuse?

moose
    Free Member

**** it, it’s open and allowing people to see their favourite artists. The best ‘**** you’ to those who carried out the attack.

metalheart
    Free Member

Not a huge fan myself, but given the occasion being commemorated, don’t you think we can all aim a little higher in this world than just typing facile abuse?

Tbh, my first reaction was ye Gods, have the poor bastards not suffered enough? 😉

Nipper99
    Free Member

Apparently Sting was way down the list but none of the artists first approached would do it – was on the BBC yesterday though didn’t mention would other artists were.

I’m with Metalheart. Sting!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

You’re right, now some time has passed i’d like to change my original comment…. He’s a **** not a gobshite

teasel
    Free Member

Not his finest hour…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Supposedly none of the French acts approached wanted to be associated with the re-opening of the actual venue due to negative connotations 😯

Eagles of Death Metal where excluded from the building as the lead singer has repeated a number if times he thinks it was an inside job with 6 Muslim security staff deliberately failing to turn up for work. Nutter.

julianwilson
    Free Member

You make it sound like he is still going on about it now. Nuts the idea may well have been, but:

He publicly apologised for it 8 months ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 641 through 664 (of 664 total)

The topic ‘Shooting in Paris; casualties reported. Hope this isn't what it sounds like.’ is closed to new replies.