Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)
  • Shooting in French Alps
  • idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Can’t see a thread on this – horrific story: family shot dead in their car in the Alps, 8yr-old found outside the car badly beaten but just alive, 4yr-old found unharmed hiding under her mother’s body, and a cyclist shot dead at the scene as well.

Main story

Possible link to armed gang

The cyclist who discovered the scene said that the cyclist found dead had overtaken him not long before. Nasty stuff… 🙁

peterfile
    Free Member

Absolutely horrific 🙁

It always baffles me when I read of drug/armed robbery related crime which results in such drastic violence, e.g. shooting and beating up an 8 year old and killing the rest of the family. Doesn’t seem to fit in with my understanding of how most of these guys operate (i.e. it’s sparked worldwide interest, can’t imagine it will be long before they are caught).

A mountaineering mate was out in that area for a month recently. He sealed up the vents on his van before he left, since apparently it’s not uncommon for robbers to gas the vans through the vents while people are in bed and then rob them. 🙁

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

With a new baby myself, a 9 month old, it’s started to trigger the most horrible feelings and fear inside me when I see things like this.

So horrific.

ETA: Reading on, it’s just made me well up.

restless
    Free Member

I read that the family were reported missing by their friends that they were camping with.
    So when the police found them, must have realised it was the same family, so why did they not wonder where the 4yr old was!??

I cannot fathom what that poor girl must have gone through in the 8hours she was under her mums body. With any hope she was asleep.

Edukator
    Free Member

A little perspective.

If every road death made similar headlines and instilled as much fear and dread then riding our bikes or walking to town migh be a little safer.

ittaika
    Free Member

@ edukator – i think the issue is that a road death is (hopefully) a horrible accident whereas these killings were deliberate, brutal and senseless. i know what you mean though – we live in fear of the psychos but happily drive and cycle to work risking life and limb without really thinking about it.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I was just reading Le Figaro and various commentators have been drawing comparisons to the Dominci Affair of 1952…the similarities being the rural French location, Brit victims and murders in a car.
    Hopefully this will actually be solved unlike that crime.

Klunk
    Free Member

– we live in fear of the psychos but happily drive and cycle to work risking life and limb without really thinking about it.

who is this “we” you speak of ?

peterfile
    Free Member

I can’t remember the name, but there’s a principle in criminology relating to fear of crime.

those who fear (violent) crime the most (elderly women) actually tend to be the victim of the fewest crimes, whereas those who fear crime the least (young men) are most likely to be victim to it. much debate around how much of the fearful groups’ “avoidance” actions impact the figures.

it then goes on to different categories of crime that we fear and the likelihood of it actually happening – some interesting stats.

worth digging out for a read if you can be bothered googling it.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Horrific stuff. Love that area too.

Poor cyclist may have been an unwilling witness.

Pigface
    Free Member

There was a programme on a while back about the Russian Mafia turning up in southern France. A local police chief said that the increase in senseless violence was incredible. Whilst the local bad guys would just shoot and beat people the Russian bad guys seemed to take pleasure from the job. The example he used was two prostitutes were killed, sadly nothing out of the ordinary except that these two were skinned 😯 it took about 4 years for them to kill each other off and for it to calm down again.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I hope it wasn’t linked to that gun toting open topped car driver in Paris earlier in the year.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Makes you consider your own safety as you never know what you may come across.

A few times whilst out for a night ride in the countryside me and my mates have ended up innocently dragged into decidedly dodgy situations and in places you would never expect too.

One winter night we took refuge in a little bus shelter in clumber park to fix a puncture out of the rain. Only to realise we were sharing the shelter with a substantial amount of drugs and the owners turned up to collect whilst we were still there !!!

Another time some guys in a transit, after a brief conversation realised they wouldnt get our bikes easily, instead offered us the use of the young teen girl they had in the back of the van for a fiver. She seemed quite happy about it but we obviously declined.

Youth setting fire to stolen cars in the forest is a regularish occurance too.

Ahhh the fun of the winter night ride…

bwaarp
    Free Member

10 quid bet says that this was Mossad. British Iraqi victims (the bloke being a computer expert) and a Professional style killing, reports I’ve read have mentioned double taps to the head.

loddrik
    Free Member

10 quid bet says that this was Mossad. British Iranian victims and a Professional style killing, reports I’ve read have mentioned double taps to the head.

Bugger me I just came on to make exactly this point!!!!!!!!

My thought was that he could have been passing secrets to the Iranians and Mossad took them out as he worked in the satellite and aerospace industry.

Mossad don’t **** about, and who can blame them…

bwaarp
    Free Member

Doesn’t exempt them from killing the women and children as well, personally if it was them I don’t care less what Hamas do in revenge.

bwaarp
    Free Member

My other theory is that the cyclist was Lance Armstrong and the French had to murder the witnesses as well.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

British Iraqi victims

The father was from Iran not Iraq. Doesn’t seem like a Mossad job to me anyway, far too messy, give them a bit of credit.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

So Loddrik, you think Mossad have immunity to do whatever they like ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think lodders and bwaarp meant to say they thought it was Moss Side.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Horrendous incident, but thankfully rare in ‘our’part of the world,in mexico it wouldn’t get a mention…..

restless
    Free Member

Maybe it was the cyclist who was the target and the family were killed because they were the witnesses.

Nobody knows what happened yet, so its all just speculation.

CountZero

If every road death made similar headlines and instilled as much fear and dread then riding our bikes or walking to town migh be a little safer.

You speak for yourself, you certainly do NOT speak for me, or pretty much anyone I know.
    Mossad? My first thought on hearing fuller details on the 6Music news earlier today was that it could have a racial aspect. There certainly seem to be pretty powerful racist elements in France, but who knows…
    A truly horrifying situation, and hearing about the little girl hiding under her mummy’s dead body for eight hours just broke my heart, thinking about it now makes me a bit weepy. Daft, perhaps, as the family are nothing to do with me, but the thought of anybody’s little child suffering such an unspeakable event fills me with up. 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

If it was Mossad I would eat my hat!

loddrik
    Free Member

So Loddrik, you think Mossad have immunity to do whatever they like ?

Didn’t say that whatsoever. But they are bloody good at what they do, if a little over zealous.

If I were an Israeli, hated by all around you with nations who want to ‘wipe you from the face of the earth’, I’d probably be pretty pleased that Mossad were on my side and not the other.

But let’s not get stuck in to this debate in this thread…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sounds like a UDF hit to me.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Surely Mossad could just shoot their target and leave the rest? They’d be out of France before any witnesses had finished describing them.

paulevans
    Free Member

I don’t know about you guys but I’m finding it increasingly hard to hear about crimes involving kids. I’ve got two young girls and I’m becoming concerned about the world that they are inheriting. makes me want to pack up the basics and head off somewhere remote.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

Nah, if it had been the UDF they’d have shot themselves in the feet whilst attempting to clear a stoppage in their poorly maintained WW2 era weapons before butchering each other in a petty squabble over drugs money.

It’s more likely to be EDF.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

Though they moved onto Black & Deckers

lemonysam
    Free Member

Been having some funny moments about this as a couple of years ago I had a very unpleasant climbing experience in the Combe D’Ire the result of which was that I honestly and perfectly rationally that I was going to die there (I didn’t…) and this has bought back the utter, utter terror impressively vividly.

For those that don’t know it, as close to the lake as this is, it’s an incredibly quiet spot. When we were there in midsummer we saw no one all day on the hill, no cars and only the cyclists heading up into the forest. In fact from the photos shown so far it’s a really odd place for them to have parked as the main reason for heading up that way is a mile or so further up the road.

druidh
    Free Member

Nah. That would be MDF.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

…. it’s an incredibly quiet spot. When we were there in midsummer we saw no one all day on the hill, no cars and only the cyclists heading up into the forest.

In other words the perfect location for a professional hit ?

Northwind

paulevans – Member

makes me want to pack up the basics and head off somewhere remote.

Alps, maybe?

bencooper
    Free Member

The father was from Iran not Iraq. Doesn’t seem like a Mossad job to me anyway, far too messy, give them a bit of credit.

He was born in Iraq according to the news reports.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Gangsters/robbers don’t head shoot a moving cyclist let alone heads bobbing up and down in a car at short range.

Again 10 quid says it was a professional hit…… Mossad, Hamas, Iran or whatever…..bet says they shot the family….girl gets out runs….gets shot in the shoulder….cyclist rides past….gets shot in the head….shooters panic having expected the place to have been quiet and/or not expecting to have to shoot children and scarper without making sure the girl outside the car and the girl inside the car are dead…..

Considering during the second world war only about 10 percent of soldiers on the front line actually aimed to kill, I somehow doubt the current line being pedalled about local drug dealers/carjackers doing it (especially since that area is akin to the UK’s cotswolds). I can’t fathom them being able to coldly shoot that many people dead in that manner without any kind of weapon training and psychological conditioning.

Anyway, that’s my bet and I hope the poor girl gets better. Hopefully they are young enough that it won’t traumatize them as much as say an older teenager.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes thanks for the correction bencooper, not sure why I got that arse about face.

lemonysam
    Free Member

No idea whether it’s the perfect spot for a professional hit as I’ve not done one. Having said that, two miles up the road you’d have a carpark which can only be approached from one direction by car with clear sights up the road/track in any of the three directions. In the trees to muffle the sound, much further from houses/places of work, even less through traffic, much more likely spot for a car to be parked long term.

As I say, unlike most of you I know **** all about being a hitman but if it were me I’d have gone a bit further up the valley.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

As I say, unlike most of you I know **** all about being a hitman….

I only do the occasional drive by these days – too much competition from youngsters, and the money’s pisspoor.

bwaarp
    Free Member

From the Paris Match in regards to the cyclist killed.

Employed for twenty years in the field of metallurgy – the company is a subsidiary of Cezus Areva manufactures zirconium alloys for nuclear power plants – it was paternity leave when he decided to take the road to Come ‘Ire, in the town of Horses.

I’ve upped my stakes, anyone want to place a 100 quid bet with me on it being Mossad?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Shooting in French Alps’ is closed to new replies.