Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Shooting cats
  • D0NK

Funny how all the cat owners seem to think it’s perfectly fine for cats to go round defacating on other peoples gardens (our fault for not having bare soil? FFS! My garden has plenty of soil round the edge, doesn’t stop em crapping in the middle the lawn) Dogs are pretty bad cos the owners are generally stood over them while they mess up the area as only they know how, but the ‘couldn’t give a stuff’ attitude of cat owners is pretty galling.

Oh and toxoplasmosis is pretty nasty stuff, I dont have kids at the moment, but when I have I’ll certainly be doing something about any cats that feel they need to relieve themselves in my garden.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I think this boils down to being accepting of others choices.

Ransos chooses to keep chickens and so his neighbours need to show acceptance of his choice (Maybe they talk about strangling your chickens behind your back)
    I keep a cat and my neighbours have to show acceptance that this is my choice
    My neoghbours keep dogs and i have to show acceptance of them barking from time to time.
    People walk their dogs on the grass area near my house where all the local kids play. If i see them letting them shit there and not clear up behind them i have made a promise to myself to pick it up in my bare hands and wipe it all over the offending owner.

richc
    Free Member

cat owners eh, selfish bastards just like their cats 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

So anyone have any aversion to bird shit or are we all okay with that? It bugs me, but we still feed the birds, I just put up with it though. Hope the neighbours don’t mind me encouraging birds.

D0NK what if these kids you’re going to have want a fluffy little cat, will you come over all superior to them too.

richc
    Free Member

I guess when bird shit starts spreading giardia, roundworms, salmonella, E. coli, parvovirus, coronavirus and toxoplasmosis then your neighbours might start getting bothered by it,

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

What bird shit I’ve noticed has been pretty small volume and not a nuisance, rather than a big smelly pile of turd right in the way.

If I had a roosting spot where it was causing a nuisance, I’d consider moving it. But it’d have to be pretty bad pile as I like having birds about.

We used to get a lot of seagulls about when we lived in the city centre. They’re a blasted nuisance.

mudshark
    Free Member

Just discovered this thread…

I’m in my 3rd house and it’s the 1st one I don’t have to deal with cat poo – probably because my previous gardens were so much smaller. I tried putting prickly rose bits down to stop the cats squatting but they just pooed on the rose bits.

As for chickens – well I have some and they don’t smell, the only time I can smell anything is when I open the coop to take out the poo and even that is no where near as bad as the smell from stepping on a fresh cat poo. My neighbours love to help out when I’m out and often pop around with bits of food to give them. The only down side is they can get noisy if scared by a fox or cat but that is nothing compared to a barking dog.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thats true, although they may be more worried about histoplasmosis, cryptococcosis, psittacosis, encephalitis that bird shit spreads.

lol at ‘stepping on a fresh cat poo’, do you people walk around your gardens with your eyes shut. This is pure 70’s sitcom.

Harry_the_Spider

I put some patio cleaner down last week to get rid of the moss and cat mess. The cats must dislike it because the turds have started to appear by the front door now.

Annoying. Can’t let the little lad run round the lawn because of the mess.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Shock horror.

Cat/Dog/Bird/Chicken owner in rose tinted glasses revelation. My cat/dog/bird/chicken doesnt smell. Yeah right, next you will be joining the smokers who say they dont stink either

richc
    Free Member

just read up on toxoplasmosis, and is really nasty isn’t it. Might be tempted to be a bit more brutal with the furry little bastards shitting in my garden now.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

lol at ‘stepping on a fresh cat poo’, do you people walk around your gardens with your eyes shut. This is pure 70’s sitcom.

No, but scooping up a fresh pile everymorning is proving tiresome.

Gary_M
    Free Member

That Cryptococcosis is a bitch too, I’m going to get stop feeding the birds. Does anyone know anyone who knows anyone who has had toxoplasmosis? Just wondering.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

What an awesome thread. I find it interesting that coffeeking has no objections to a policeman brutally beating a woman for shouting at him, but is enraged at the thought of someone kicking a cat up the arse. Speaks volumes.

If a strange cat or dog shits in your garden then kicking it in the arse is fair game. It’s mild compared to what they do to each other. Try to remember they are animals, not furry little people.

ransos
    Free Member

Ransos chooses to keep chickens and so his neighbours need to show acceptance of his choice (Maybe they talk about strangling your chickens behind your back)

I hope not. When we decided we wanted to keep chickens, I asked my neighbours’ permission, and made them promise to tell me if the chicken were causing them any bother. So far, all the comments we’ve received have been very positive, mind you, gifts of fresh eggs help.

It’s about consideration of others – something in short supply from the cat owners on here.

richc
    Free Member

looks like Cryptococcosisit in bird shit is very rare, whereas toxoplasmosis is commonly found in cats (not to say that its common in cats), so it you are comparing apples with pencils here.

anyhow this looks good, as it scares the cat off and waters your garden.
    http://www.deteracat.co.uk/scarecrow_water_jet_pack.htm

Gary_M
    Free Member

When we decided we wanted to keep chickens, I asked my neighbours’ permission, and made them promise to tell me if the chicken were causing them any bother

You put them in a difficult position, if they said no you may have kicked them up the arse.

Yeh it’s so common that now one I know has ever heard of anyone who has had the disease.

It’s been a hoot playing with the cat haters. I’m all done now, I’m bored with you.

emac65
    Free Member

From my experience it’s cat owners in general 🙄

ransos
    Free Member

“You put them in a difficult position, if they said no you may have kicked them up the arse.”

As far as argument goes, there appears to be no beginning to your talents.

veedubba

I love threads like this!

I was going to just post the word “catapult” as an answer but I feel I have to say a bit more now. A catapult is fairly humane (…) and pretty accurate so you can scare the cats off without injuring them, if you so desire. Plus, my wife won’t let me have a BB gun. 🙂

However, the cats in my neighbourhood are a nuisance in that they soil MY flowerbeds and MY front garden, rather than those of their owners. I find this unacceptable and you really only have to compare it with the way dog owners are required by law to clear up their dog’s mess to see the skewed thinking – simply because you let your cat out of the door at night doesn’t absolve you of your responsibility.

My front garden is small and our path is right up the middle of it, so rather than have my pregnant wife and young child exposed to the cat sh*t, I decided to cover the whole lot in stones so they’d have nowhere to go, which worked but cost me money. I can’t do that to the back garden and don’t see why I should have to. Some spray deterrents work but I still seem to go back to the catapult…

And yes, I have chickens which can smell if you don’t clean their run out regularly, but they’re a lot more useful and fun pets than cats.

Oh, and it’s not very clever comparing some of the comments on this thread to racism. That’s just absurd.

mudshark
    Free Member

My cat/dog/bird/chicken doesnt smell. Yeah right

To be fair if I shoved a fresh chicken poo in your mouth you’d notice but not if you walked a metre from my pen – not sure you’d notice inside it really; having a big garden helps as my chickens have plenty of space to poo, which I clean up daily, and they’re not too close to my garden boundaries. Once chicken poo has dried up it is barely noticeable. I can smell if my neighbour has used manure on his garden but that’s fine by me.

Edit – have just popped out to the pen for a good sniffing and couldn’t smell anything, opened the coop which smelt less than a car that sometimes carries a dog – not a strong smell at all but lots of space and regular cleaning helps.

andy_hamgreen

I’m with catophobes on this one – I’d shoot the stinking cat(s) that seems to enjoy leaving piles of sh1t on my lawn – giving it/them a kick up the arse just seems very restrained….and as for those rabbits well – if I could just catch them……

D0NK

The kids can have a goldfish….possibly a hamster, providing I never have to change its cage.

Seriously tho I won’t have a messy pet in the house when kids are too young not to be trusted to put everything they find in their mouths.

And I dont feed the birds, who the hell does apart from that insane old woman I see down by the Irwell in the morning? And I’ll be doing something about all the pigeons that perch on the window sill too but they are vermin so I will have no problems from the fluffy pet brigade.

EDIT: and I dont hate cats or dogs gary_m some can be undoubtably cute and cuddly but the mess they create and irresponsible owners wind me up. (thats not a suggestion that you are one BTW)

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

solution to cats sh*tt*ng all over your garden find there perferd access point they will have one cats are a creature of habit and paint a little chill paste on that point(top of fence etc) cat will jump up get chill paste on paws will lick it off to stay clean and this will make the cat very sick cat,it will remember and won’t come back to your garden as it will remind it of its guts turning inside out.

p.s before anyone goes off on one this won’t kill the cat or do any long trem damage and on top of that i could give a flying f*** as i hate the little sh*t producing things.

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Shooting cats’ is closed to new replies.