Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Shine worn off 3 Peaks
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Major family issues at home.
    Father in law recovering from an op to stop his cancer, we were to stay with him prior to the race.
    Mate pulled out due to injury, and I was going to stay in his camper the night before.
    Concussion last Wednesday, and after three hours my injured arm can’t support me anymore and that’s on the road.
    It’s hard to have fun sometimes.

stumpy01

🙁

Sorry to hear that…..it all sounds horrible.

Are you near a cake shop?? Sounds like you need a big slab of coffee & walnut cake with a large pot of tea and some proper tea cups.
    Always cheers me up!

stever
    Free Member

I’m almost glad I din’t get in if this is the pre-race stress test. Chin up fella, it’ll all be worth it on top of Whernside with that ridiculous descent to look forward to!

oldgit
    Free Member

Fully prepped the bike last night. Screwed the grease port into my candy pedals, inserted the gun gave it a squirt and grease shot out of a pin hole in the pedals body right into my eye 😥

MartinGT
    Free Member

Ouch

I wouldnt use the grease gun attachement anyways, bad way of servicing em!

Hope you get better soon fella

oldgit
    Free Member

Oh bugger.

aP
    Free Member

oldgit – good to speak to you yesterday, we’ll limp round the 3pcx together – you can drag me along on the road and L & the MIL will support us on the way round.

Just to join the band of joy – I’ve now started antibiotics for a foot and leg infection, done several 18 hour days at work and had a really, really bad cold last week.

london_lady
    Free Member

oldgit – come and give it a go – weather is looking quite nice for up there on sunday if not a wee bit chilly. I’ll support you and cheer you on with my plastic flander hand clappers 🙂 Treat it as a learning curve for next year……

richpips
    Free Member

I’ll be there to get pictures of the aged and infirm.

nosemineb
    Free Member

I am still going although If anyone has any spare exscuses to not go, then i would be gratefull for them!
    Cant find my motivation this year. I imagine it will turn up after the neutralised section. I hate that part.
    Please let it be sunny!

oldgit
    Free Member

richpips

Nobody move

london_lady
    Free Member

go on go on go on go on go on…….repeat until you are sick of me saying it and you drag yourself up there. It will be grim at the time but I bet on Monday you will look back and be planning for next year!

MrSparkle

I’ll be there to get pictures of the aged and infirm.

Thanks Rich. I’ll be in my ‘Belgians’ top. 🙂

aP
    Free Member

“Belgian man, Belgian!!”

BadlyWiredDog

Hey Carl, bunch of us are up Saturday night being supportive and vaguely alchoholic, come and say hi. Shame about Chris’s back, but it’d be good to see you and catch up 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

Camping at Helwith Bridge BWD?

oldgit
    Free Member

BWD obviously the plan was to sleep on top of Chris in his passion wagon.
    As it’s a bit late to plan something else I’m going to rock up Saturday late afternoon and hopefully find a place.

Got a ticking bomb to diffuse down here first. Plus tonight I’m out to see if my arm can support me, after three hours on the road Sunday I was riding one handed.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Oldgit look out for 2 frazzled looking people who’ve had no sleep for 3 weeks accompanied by a screaming baby, somewhere up Penyghent, that’ll be us, we’ll cheer you on 😀

BadlyWiredDog

Come and camp at the start venue – shout if you need to borrow a tent etc. Btw, Chris’s camper leaks, don’t ask how I know etc, blah, but I do 🙂

ChrisF
    Free Member

Come and camp at the start venue – shout if you need to borrow a tent etc. Btw, Chris’s camper leaks, don’t ask how I know etc, blah, but I do

Not any more, I fixed it. Tested out in some torrential storms in France this summer. 🙂

Have a good 3 Peaks y’all.

oldgit
    Free Member

That’s it I can’t go, circumstances have seen to that.
    Bike and rider were ready to go.

Just spent the evening de 3 Peaking my bike ready to race next week.
    Off out on a mahoosive local cross ride Sunday to sulk.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Shame mate. Think i am going still! Will either ride round to enjoy it or get my teeth in to it and go for a pb. This will be my 5th time and possibly last for a while.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Shine worn off 3 Peaks’ is closed to new replies.