Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Shimano AM41 for wide feet?
  • montarius
    Free Member

Hi all,

About to hit the buy button on some Shimano AM41’s but was wondering how they size up in terms of width? I have a wide foot and sometimes struggle with certain brands. Im UK 11, will getting 12 do the trick?

Any comments from AM41 owners appreciated.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

I have wide feet and normally take a size 10 (euro 44). I had to move to a euro 45 as the 44 wasn’t long enough but in terms of width, I would personally say they were quite generous.

higgo
    Free Member

I have wide feet and the only Shimano shoes that really fit me are the MT90.

I’ve got a pair of AM50s at the moment that aren’t really wide enough but I only really notice it when I’m not riding.

Specialized BG fit me much better.

montarius
    Free Member

Ok thanks, will take a punt and go for a size about and hope for the best. What is CRC’s return policy like?

neninja
    Free Member

I use AM40’s which I think use the same shoe last. My feet are pretty wide so I went up a size and they’re spot on.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

i have wide feet and a size 11 AM45’s and find them ample width wise but suffering from numb feet wearing them. Don’t think it’s an issue with the shoes but possibly the positioning of the cleat. Still recommend them though so would have thought you’d be fine.

montarius
    Free Member

Do you normally take a UK11 or did you size up?

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I have wide UK11 feet and use UK11 AM40s with no problem. Very roomy and plenty of room for SealSkinz etc when it gets chilly.

bigjim

I have a pair of used 47 AM40’s that I will be selling. bought too big for my narrow feet and have bought 46 AM41’s instead.

montarius
    Free Member

Fuzzhead, what size AM41’s did you get? 46 or 47?

Thanks for the offer Bigjim but just order some 47’s, wish you had posted earlier!

Hopefully they wont be too big for me as well..

monsteryeti
    Free Member

BIGJIM can you please e-mail me on milesg_01 (at) yahoo (dot) com, need some new shoes and those would be great, if they are SPD!

Cheers

fuzzhead
    Free Member

montarius – they’re 47s

montarius
    Free Member

monsteryeti – The shoes bigjim has are for flats

bigjim

Yep they are for flat pedals only I’m afraid.

monsteryeti
    Free Member

Doh!!!

mau00149
    Free Member

bigjim, can you email re shoes, email is in profile thanks

winterfold
    Free Member

Bit late to this but I got them a size up from normal (42 > 43 ).

If you aren’t bothered about the joey deacon aesthetics then they are great shoes. Grippy, wipe clean, don’t let much water in, if any, keep your ankles safe.

I’ve even been told by young people in the pub that they are ‘ wicked ‘ shoes. But they may have been taking the piss 😥

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Shimano AM41 for wide feet?’ is closed to new replies.