Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Shimano 105 (5600) LH shifter not shifting
  • boxelder

Looks like a common problem, but it’s stopped working. No cracks or clunks, but won’t shift down.
    Any known fixes/problems?

crikey
    Free Member

Rorschach has fixed a number of them, he might be able to help. I wasn’t aware that it was a job that was easy to do, or that you could get the bits to do it, but I stand corrected.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/moving-from-sram-to-shimano

boxelder

Return spring sounds right – certainly not returning

claudie

This happened to me and it was replaced for free. I could be wrong but i think when they first came out they were designed to work with a triple or a double but the design wasn’t up to it. So they created individual units for each type. The replacement has been faultless for 10k but it will probably break tomorrow!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Take it to a decent shop, preferably the one the lever came from, and ask them to speak to Madison warranty.

boxelder

It’s 6 yrs old, but I’ll give it a punt.

iainc

Mine failed 6 months ago, it was one of the originals, and was set up as a double, and failed internally as many of them do.

got one here

came in less than a week, in original sealed Shimano packaging

boxelder

5700s from Mferlin 1/2 price
    🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

claudie has it.You might struggle getting under warranty still.

phiiiiil

Interesting. Mine has recently gone funny in that it feels like the lever still rachets properly, ie. you can only shift up or down twice, but the cable won’t stay anywhere but bottom.

I’ve been riding 1×10 recently, they’re blummin’ expensive things!

iainc

When mine failed last year I researched it to death. The one I linked to on eBay is then genuine updated double version and benefits are that you don’t have to change cabling as you would with 5700, which goes under the bar tape

Mister-P
    Free Member

I got one swapped under warranty long after it’s two year warranty period was over. Try it, you have nothing to lose.

Frankers
    Free Member

Just to add to this post.

The LH leaver on my 2010 Giant Defy 1 stopped shifting down a couple of weeks ago, the shifter model is 5600. It’s a 3 stage shifter but used with a double crank set.

Took it off the bike and returned it to the shop I got the bike from, one week later and a new shifter turns up, still the 5600 model but for a double crankset.

Very pleased even though disappointed with the original breaking as the bike doesn’t get used a lot.

Thanks to Ash at Bikes & Sports in Hinckley

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Shimano 105 (5600) LH shifter not shifting’ is closed to new replies.