Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • She's been gone a week…
  • Pipester
    Free Member

She's out there somewhere being ridden badly by some scrote, and she's very very distinctive…

Frame no. FDTK11120

Beer to whoever finds her.

Toddboy
    Free Member

Westlife may be just a little too cruel for them……….the rest is fine though!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

capital punishment for stealing a bicycle – whatever happened to a sense of proportion ?

bigrich

yor right sfb. they deserve worse than that! possibly put thier families into forced labour?

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Death's to good for them.

Should be made to ride fixie Bromptons around Toxteth for the rest of their lives…

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Will people just stop stealing stuff! It seems every other thread on STW at the mo' is 'Stolen This', 'Stolen That'.

Just WTF is going on?

It is actually depressing me. 🙁

Incidentally – and I know this doesn't help – but what is that saddle on Pipester's rather natty looking bike? – It looks like just the sort of thing I've been searching endlessly for..

Zone
    Free Member

Pulled …really????

😥

I didn't know there where any bike thieves on here to offend ???!!!

😆

Pipester
    Free Member

The saddle is a Tioga Multi Control Lite Ti. Very uncomfy looking, but actually very comfy. Got from here: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7429

Ironically enough just changed for a Charge Spoon prior to being nicked so I hope the thieves came just for the saddle and are now really disapointed.

If no_eyed_dear or anyone else wants the saddle, it's yours posted for £20. It's sat next to a new rear Marta SL which was due to be fitted 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member
    capital punishment for stealing a bicycle – whatever happened to a sense of proportion ?

Boris J called for Sharia Law to apply in the UK, but only to bike thieves….cut their hands off! 🙂

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Cheers Pipester – just saw the saddle from 'above' via CRC and the white strip in the middle is not for me. Otherwise, it would've been a beaut!

Hope you have some luck with your bike somehow.. 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I didn't know there where any bike thieves on here to offend ???!!!

I've never advocated bike theft but it's petty, non violent crime and violent countermeasures are not appropriate

squattingmouse
    Free Member

I had a version of that saddle without the stripe and with red trim 'back in the day' I found it comfy and the extra long nose thing did actually work as an extra control surface.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Bums. Hope you get it back.

richc
    Free Member

I will keep an eye open for it JK. Were you insured?

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Were did it go from?

richc
    Free Member

Redland in Bristol

Pipester
    Free Member

Was insured, so will get something. But that's not really the point – spent years getting it just so and then some twunt nicks it… makes you wonder what the point is of having a decent bike. Certainly won't be able to afford the same again.

Taken from Redland in Bristol… probably being ridden around Southmead by some twunt…

I'm usually conscious about being followed/keep the bike in car boot/back car right to door etc after visiting trail centres, so have 3 theories:

1 – they came for my crappy Trek and flatmates old Kona and got lucky (the Pipedream doesn't normally live in the shed). This means there was 2 of them because they had moved the Kona to the driveway, but only taken the other 2 bikes. Probably also means they were operating without transport otherwise they would have chucked all 3 into the van/car.

2 – it's a neighbour (the only people with a good view of what goes in and out of the shed) – unlikely as would have taken all 3 bikes and there's a big risk of being seen with the bikes.

3 – it was the builders. 3 bikes were taken from the houses around us in the same week they were working in the area. The Pipedream was hidden all the while they were there, but one commented on my £1,700 Trek (actually it was a £500 Trek)… But they'd have to be incredibly stupid to do that because they're very easy to find/watch.

Police don't seem to give a fuhk. And that annoys the hell out of me because, as has been pointed out elsewhere, if the number of bike thefts in Bristol was jewelry or car thefts, it would be front page news and the police would desperately be doing something about it… still, I guess they don't get any revenues for recovering stolen stuff and would rather fine motorists/cyclists for stupid minor infringements…

Yours fuhked offly and becomming just a little bit cynical
    Pipester

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

makes you wonder what the point is of having a decent bike

the point is riding, though I'd question the need to get it "just so", as this can only be a fleeting condition given the continual depredations of riding off road. I have just as much fun on my cheap bitsa hardtail as I ever did on my expensive full suss. Moreover, the more indecent your bike the less of a theft target it becomes…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

**comments deleted as pipester is happy for Mr Barnes to stick his two penneth in.***

Still keeping my eyes peeled for you pipester.

Pipester
    Free Member

I kind of agree with Simon – I was forever changing the bits on the Pipedream as my riding progressed and changed over time. Undoubtably I would have changed the spec again in the future.

I also agree that I'd have as much fun on a Halfords hardtail as the Pipedream, but I wouldn't have built it, it wouldn't be as satisfying to ride and, to be brutally honest, I wouldn't be as fast (it was a skill compensator).

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I don't really think this thread is about what the **** you think Simon.

and I never said it was, but I'm still allowed an opinion :o) Also I'm able to express it without profanity…

richc
    Free Member

If you want a bike to borrow for Wednesday night spins let me know, as I might have one you can use.

As I am 99% sure I know who you are from Matt's girls saddle on the blogspot link 😉

AndyP
    Free Member

very distinctive indeed. Layback post with the saddle all the way forward?

Pipester
    Free Member

Yeah, guessed that was you Rich. Hope you're well.

Might have a solution for wednesday anyway (there's no way I'm getting on that singlespeed of yours!) – was thinking of Cwm Carn (if it rains) or Ashton Court (dry) if you're around?

To be fair, Mat does have a girl's arse so the saddle makes sense 🙂

As for you SFB – more swearing and less rational debate please, this is an internet forum after all.

richc
    Free Member

I am going to head over the Ashton Court/Leigh Woods and/or Still I reckon.

If the bike falls through let me know as you could/can borrow my PA, which I haven broken down yet.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

more swearing and less rational debate please

I only swear at people I know and like – I'm viciously polite to everyone else :o)

soobalias
    Free Member

crappy news pipester, my missus has been burgled twice in the last 7 weeks.

thiefs and their apologists, up against the wall.

Pipester
    Free Member

KINGTUT – please don't let me stop you from abusing SFB!!!

And thanks for keeping your eyes peeled.

Pipester
    Free Member

AndyP – not layback post – Ritchey WCS alloy straight 27.2 x 350mm. But, yes, the saddle was too far forward!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not sure I'd post the frame number online. Seems somehow more likely to give the theif "evidence" if anyone stops them, rather than protecting yours if it is found.

Pipester
    Free Member

Hadn't really thought sharing the frame number was an issue? It's registered to me on all kinds of databases etc., plus the police file…

Anybody else think it's a bad idea?

MrAgreeable

Coffeeking, if the thief has the bike then what's to stop them just reading the serial number off the frame? 🙄

Hope you get it back Pipester. Don't give up, not that I imagine you will. 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

AndyP – not layback post – Ritchey WCS alloy straight 27.2 x 350mm. But, yes, the saddle was too far forward!

Without wishing to sound pedantic that is a lay back post, Ritchey don't make an in line (or sraight) WCS alloy post.

Still, lets hope it snaps and the scrotes smash all ther teeth on the stem, or rip themselves a new arsehole on the back wheel.

Pipester
    Free Member

Hmm, I stand corrected on the seatpost then!

Still, it breaking and the sharp end disappearing up the scrotes arse is a nice thought…

Zone
    Free Member

Mr Barnes 🙂

Proportion is the mind of the beholder and opinions can differ even with only just a slight turn of phrase…
    I seemed to have had the freedom to express my opinion and sense of humour taken from me much like this bike was taken… 🙄

Killing people for stealing.. don't be absurd… who would condone that in their right mind 😀 an emotive response to an emotive subject…. for me any way!

The diesel does really smart though…. 😀

Pipester
    Free Member

Well, she’s back…

Minus all parts. Sporting home made stickers. Frame number removed. Alphadots removed. A couple of new scratches.

Many, many thanks to Southmead police.

Huuuuuuge thanks to Mike from on here.

And thanks to Stuart at Pipedream as well for being hugely helpful (they’re lovely people over at Pipedream, go buy something from them http://www.pipedreamcycles.com)

Gonna start the rebuild right now…

peteimpreza

What happened to the thieves?

psychle
    Free Member

Hurrah! 😀 Not as good as getting her back in original condition, still a decent result eventually. Hope the scrote got/gets his comeuppance! 😡

4ndyB
    Free Member

Great news

Shame it's been stripped of parts

Good to hear that some stolen bikes do find their way back to the owner

Wish my orange 5 would find it's way home 🙁

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Mike here, It was no problem mate, glad to be of help!

Although I've just realised I haven't sent you that pic of the scrote riding it, When he's been convicted I might just post it up on this thread.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘She's been gone a week…’ is closed to new replies.