Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Sherlock………
  • kimbers

..was entertaining but i didnt realise new abfab was a series, siiiigghhhhhh

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Woman…..

Hubbah, hubbah, hubbah.

kimbers

yeah she was erm.. obeyable 😉

grahamt1980

Ratatoille is on BBC3

toppers3933
    Free Member

[/quote]..was entertaining but i didnt realise new abfab was a series, siiiigghhhhhh

This^^^^^

PrinceJohn

Didn’t AbFab used to be funny & not have a canned laughter track?

Northwind

Hadn’t seen any of the previous ones, was that representative? Will have to go get the DVDs I think.

PrinceJohn – Member

Didn’t AbFab used to be funny

Not so far as I could tell. But new one is definately even less funny.

toppers3933
    Free Member

PrinceJohn—no.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Very enjoyable, made even more so by the presence of the delectable Lara Pulver!

LMT
    Free Member

Sherlock was true to form and great tele, the woman in it, damn fine!!

Even the mrs said she has a great grabbable bum!

souldrummer
    Free Member

Very good and Lara Pulver made it even better.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Did’nt even know about it before stumbling across it this evening (I don’t watch much telly).Downloading the first series on i-tunes now!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Haven’t seen before but enjoyed that.

CountZero

I never really thought about the whole dominatrix thing.
    Until watching Sherlock.
    Oh, dear me.
    Oh course, there was Servolan in Blake’s Seven…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

thought she was a bit hammy in Spooks (even by the standards of spooks) but was good in this. really enjoyed it, shame they feel the need to later explain anything vaguely intelligent or subtle (eg. safe code) but annoyed I missed the first series if it was as good as this.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

First series was excellent and definitely worth renting.
    This was more of the same. Superb telly.

wallop

annoyed I missed the first series if it was as good as this

+1

emma82
    Free Member

I LOVE Sherlock Holmes but didn’t really get the gist of it as my mother bought an iPad today and needing talking through bloody Facebook over the phone because she simply had to know how to do it tonight ffs. Normally I would complain about you lot drooling over the naked lady but I have quite a thing for Sherlock to be honest and his voice…. omg could listen to him allllllllll day :). So you can perv as long as i can to. Started to watch an fab but it really wasn’t funny so gave up and had a shower instead, that was funnier.

Danno72
    Free Member

Thought the woman’s maid was pretty tasty. Last series was awesome and this looks to be of the same caliber. Looking for ward to next weeks.

markrh
    Free Member

Una Stubbs… 😀

colournoise

crashtestmonkey – Member
    really enjoyed it, shame they feel the need to later explain anything vaguely intelligent or subtle (eg. safe code)

This.

Bits felt a bit lowest common denominator in this way (safe code as you say, taking her pulse, etc.). Bit disappointing that Moffat writes all the subtleties in but then feels the need (along with the director presumably) to go back over them and make it all obvious.

That aside, some of the best written, directed and performed drama on TV at the moment. Really enjoyed the nod/dig at the Guy Ritchie Sherlock films in the ‘headbutt’ scene tonight.

slainte 8) rob

colournoise

Only one bit confused me a little. At the safe opening, the “Vatican cameos” line. I know it’s a reference to The Hound of the Baskervilles (next week’s story-ish), but anyone shed any light on what it meant in terms of Sherlock’s and Watson’s actions?

slainte ❓ rob

CountZero

Not sure about the ‘Vatican cameos’ bit either, although I’ve read every Holmes story, I just can’t remember the details.

portlyone

shame they feel the need to later explain anything vaguely intelligent or subtle

Not everyone is as smart as a mountain biker, otherwise we’d all be mountain bikers 😉

rOcKeTdOg

I loved the start with Watson’s blog and the updated names for the old adventures

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I love it when Sherlock talks really fast!!

donsimon
    Free Member

shame they feel the need to later explain anything vaguely intelligent or subtle (eg. safe code)

I wasn’t sure what you were talking about until I got to the safe code clear and concise example.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive had a bit of a dig around about “The Vatican Cameos” as I too am a bit of a Holmes geek.

Just flicking though my facsimile of the entire Strand published stories, Ive found the reference to the Vatican Cameos in Chapter II of “The hound of the Baskervilles” where Dr Mortimer has just read out the published details of Sir Charles Baskerville death. Holmes says that he had seen some newspaper reports but had been “exceedingly preoccupied by that little affair of the Vatican Cameos, and in my anxiety to oblige the Pope I lost touch with several interesting cases.”

Conan Doyle never wrote any more on the Vatican Cameos, but there have been some pastiche short stories written apparently.

So, no idea what it meant when he said it except to duck I guess for the benefit of Watson having already caught a knowing glance from Irene Adler.

ade
    Free Member

I loved the start with Watson’s blog and the updated names for the old adventures

Have you seen that it’s a live site?
    http://www.johnwatsonblog.co.uk/

Sherlock’s is here:
    http://www.thescienceofdeduction.co.uk/

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Really enjoyed the nod/dig at the Guy Ritchie Sherlock films in the ‘headbutt’ scene tonight.

heard mark gatiss interviewed on 5live promoing this series (and I didnt see the first) they seem to have had a lot of fun with in-jokes and references, such as deliberate continuity mistakes (eg. injuries moving) a nod to the older TV series. I assumed the obviously out-of-sync violin bowing was along the same lines, along with the slow mo fight scenes.

think they are a clue to where the story is going relative to the original? Think the third one is called The Reichenbach Fall, so could be the downfall of sherlock rather than a literal gravity assisted plunge?

Stoner
    Free Member

Not seen those sites. Just done the first two messages. Now for the third, which wont be so easy to solve using Excel 😉

EDIT. 3rd one not that tricky either it seems. Im off to aplpy to MI6.

AndyRT
    Free Member

the Hobbit was put on hold to allow filming of this series…

lowey

Just watched this on I player. I loved the first series and this was more of the same… very very slick and utterly entertaining.

rOcKeTdOg

MSP

Watched it last night, it was good, but she was a bit rubbish.

Same as the last series, its almost fantastic, but just missing something.

psling
    Free Member

Enjoyed it. I’m glad some of the subtle deductions were highlighted in summary for me otherwise they would have passed me by [not being too bright 😕 ]. So, did anyone [brighter than me, obviously 😉 ] get the unlock code before it was revealed? (my 221B proved to be incorrect although I was pleased that it also crossed Sherlock’s mind)

emma82
    Free Member

Ohhhhhhhh wasn’t it good 🙂 I pooped my pants

JohnClimber
    Free Member

It was great, I even understood it all [bonus]

kimbers

just keeps getting better!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Sherlock………’ is closed to new replies.