Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Sheffield – New bike shop at Dore
  • tracknicko
    Free Member

wheres the garden centre/furniture shop? only bit i can think of is next to the station right next to chainbreakers.

if thats the place can you please force your staff to dig all lunch time cos that place has always needed some work.

kind regards.

lazy jumpist.

nosedive
    Free Member

sigmaF – good luck with the new venture. I think you should do well. You can take customers off JeJames just by being helpful. I don't like hanging around the door to the mechanics area while some surly so and so hides down the other end eating chips! As long as you have somewhere to park I would gladly take a trip out to Dore

Free Member

I drove past this t'other day, looking good so far with the big logo in the window! Plenty of space to park by the looks of it too.

Yeah, agreed, hanging around near the mechanics bit of James' halfway up a step in an often-used door way doesn't seem quite so right.

@ 18 Bikes, grand stuff. I'll pop in at some point soon to get my wheel looked at (prob end of the month now). It's a slow/draggy freewheel.

If you'll be doing Bike 2 Work scheme too, that may well be handy 😉

JohnnyPanic

Completely misunderstood where you were – went looking in Dore itself. Doh. Must read posts properly.

Great location, in that it's only 5 mins down the road from me. on my way to & from work, on the way to some of the local trails and just round the corner from the local (overgrown) jump spot.

I've personally seen the site underwater twice in the last 5 years though… Best of luck with it. Went into EBC for the first time today. Seemed OK but not hugely impressed.

SigmaF
    Free Member

….local jump spot?….we'll have to go on a bit of a wander and try to find that one…

no worries about waiting around the workshop in the bike tree hopefully, there should be plenty of entertainment!

Eye, we're all bike schemed up…..

Hoping to be open in about 2 weeks…..the walls now have some colour at least!

ahwiles
    Free Member

talking of chainbreaker, would i get lynched if i went for a play/dig/play?

?

alex222
    Free Member

Its by twentywell lane I think.

alex222
    Free Member

ahwiles. I don't think anyne has done anywork for about 2 years, I susspect it mught be welcomed.

tracknicko
    Free Member

yeh adam i think youd be on your own dude. we had something of a resurgence and spent a whole summer down there about 3 years ago, but that was that.

tracknicko
    Free Member

look on google maps. south of your location.

cant miss em. 30 seconds from the train station by foot!

thepodge
    Free Member

not been up those jumps in years

SigmaF
    Free Member

….quick update guys….

We're hoping to be open in about a week!…..we were hoping a little sooner but have been at the mercy of the trade..!!

We'll probably have a soft opening whilst still bringing some stock in, so as soon as you see a bike in the window, consider us open….ish!

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

good luck from me! you must be loaded to open a shop or a bit daft 😆

ive never been happier at work although the hours can be long/customers sniffy/weather makes you quiet….

nowt beats selling a top end bike with all the juicy trimmings though! if you ever need owt give me a shout and ill see if i can help…

chris
    im about to open my 2nd so must have lost it….

HansRey

to follow up this is not a spoon's comments….

http://www.weridebikes.co.uk is the website for the University of Sheffield Cycling club. We're looking for new sponsors, race alot and need a good local bike shop to be affiliated with. Ask for Henry who is the new club captain, he rides a Yeti on the WRB forum (yetihenry)

HansRey

perhaps a few of our established Uni riders could partake/ lead some rides advertised from your shop? Regular thing starting and ending up there with coffee and cakes at the finish?

SigmaF
    Free Member

Hans…..already dropped a few messages on the forum, thinking along the same lines….be great to support the local club, I think that I may know some of your members from a previous mtb past too!

Will drop Henry a note direct…

Cheers

ddmonkey

Hey good luck with the grand opening! Me and Mrs ddmonkey must come up to see you & yours and the shop soon! Be great to get out for a ride on some rocks for a change…. 🙂

Sanny
    Free Member

Hello All

Just a quickie and ever so slight thread hijack. I'm looking to send out posters to Sheffield bike shops to publicise the Follow Me and The Collective screening at the Showroom on the 13th of May at 8pm. I've been helped by the likes of 18 Bikes in the past but lacking local knowledge, any info on who to send them to would be great!

Cheers

Sanny

PS Sigma F

What's the address of your shop? Good luck with it! 😀

PPS Feel free to e mail me directly at Sannyatsingletrackworld.com if you want to know any more about the screening and the tour?

cp

Lexs
    Langsett Cycles
    JE James
    Edinburgh Bike Co-op

Then prob. some non-bike shops:-

gooutdoors
    euro cafe

….the list could be endless 🙂 I'm sure others will keep adding

Sanny
    Free Member

Thanks CP

darrenm
    Free Member

Sanny – Probably worth putting a few in the many climbing walls in Sheff also (a lot of climbers ride bikes in bad weather!) The main ones are –

The Foundry
    The Edge
    The Climbing Works

SigmaF
    Free Member

Sanny – it's 289 Abbeydale Road South, Dore, Sheff, S173LB….

Yep, fire the posters our way and we'll help promote the showing however we can…..perhaps with some advance screenings of the Collective….!!

walleater

Are the jumps mentioned in a field near a HSBC building (but not a bank)? I cleared my first (and near enough only!) sets of doubles there if it is….looks like it from looking on Streetmap.

Anyway, good luck Scott. I'm sure all customers' handlebar widths will be fully optimized!

JohnnyPanic

Are the jumps mentioned in a field near a HSBC building (but not a bank)?

No.
    Here.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Johnny, how do you get to it? Across/past that yard it is next to or do you have to scamper across the railway from somewhere?

walleater

Oh yeah, I was thinking of here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=53.335207,+-1.544781&num=1&t=h&sll=53.325426,-1.513767&sspn=0.006295,0.006648&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=53.33523,-1.544767&spn=0.000907,0.002411&z=19&iwloc=A

If it works….

I do remember going to some proper BMX style jumps by a railway track a few times though and mincing my way in between the big jumps.

JohnnyPanic

Johnny, how do you get to it?

Up the footpath that leaves Twentywell Lane just after the bridge.

by a railway track

That sounds like them.
    As well as the smaller jumps there be monsters in the trees.

Oh yeah, I was thinking of here:

Really? Who owns that land?
    I'll have to have a look at those.
    Not that I can jump… 🙂

JohnnyPanic

We'll probably have a soft opening whilst still bringing some stock in, so as soon as you see a bike in the window, consider us open….ish!

Bikes are in the window…

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Sheffield – New bike shop at Dore’ is closed to new replies.