• This topic has 23 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by TN.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • She said yes!
  • rooty
    Free Member

Just following on from my post last week about where to propose to my girlfriend, i did the deed on top of Conic Hill over looking Loch Lomond. The hill was busy but when we climbed to the summit the last person left so we had it to ourselves, we then had 5 minutes of catching our breath and taking in the scenery. Then as we were about to head back down i asked her. Thankfully she said yes. 😀

organic355
    Free Member

nice one, I did the same at the top of Ben Nevis, but wasnt expecting it to be quite so busy at the top!! 😯

phildowling
    Free Member

Well done mate 🙂

My proposal was a garbbled mess then i repeated it with a bit less nerves!

Diane
    Free Member

On the bonnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond. How sweet 🙂

grynch
    Free Member

I've just asked my wife and she said I could offer our heartfelt… oh excuse me for a min..there's the phone..

"what's that?, yes dear, I'm telling him now, no.. no dear.. no I won't forget..yes yes of course I'm happy for him, yes dear, alright, yes"

where was I ? …yes heartfelt congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy marriage.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

She can't get enough of that wonderful duff!!

Congrats!

GrahamS

Well done that man! *applause*

satsoma
    Free Member

Congrats Duffman, and good choice of location! 🙂

epicsteve
    Free Member

Congrats!

I proposed on Ben Cruachan (she said yes and we'll have been married for 20 years come July). With hindsight the only downside is that it's going to be difficult to get to the same location of we want to re-visit to celebrate our 50th anniversary!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Congratulations!

TheSwede
    Free Member

fail. life over. Prepare for misery and garden centers.

TheSwede
    Free Member

fail. life over. Prepare for misery and garden centers.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Heh! A result! Congrats!! 😆

CheesybeanZ

fail. life over. Prepare for misery and garden centers

you old romantic..

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

😀

Awesome!

Lactic
    Free Member

fail. life over. Prepare for misery and garden centers

Utter rubbish

Wait till you have kids, then your life wil be over 😉

edit: oh yeah, contratulations BTW

Englishmastiff
    Free Member

My wife got fed up waiting and asked me. I said "yes, of corse, when?" Tomorrow she replied, I have spoke to your boss and booked the day off work and the wedding is all planned….THUD…. got back up again and realized I was actually quite chuffed, how much planing must have gone into that?

Congratulations!!

rooty
    Free Member

Thanks everyone.

Englishmatiff – a LOT of planning!

Nezbo
    Free Member

Well done mate 🙂

I took Miss Nezbo to manchester to a posh hotel and then did the dead but i have a get out clause, i did'nt specificly ask her i just got down on one knee and held the ring out and started crying 🙂 hehe

momo

Congratulations. Now you've got all the fun of planning a wedding to look forward to!

I'm hoping that the stress levels will subside once I get married in December, although somehow I doubt it.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

my (now wife's) first words after I proposed:

"are you serious?!"
    😯

waynekerr
    Free Member

Her headaches will begin soon.

alpinegirl
    Free Member

Congratulations!! Nice to do it in a local spot, somewhere special nearby for the two of you.

TN
    Free Member

Brilliant. Well done.
    I was going to post on the orignal thread "I wonder if he did it?" but I thought if you hadn't or, worse still, if you had and she'd said no I'd've felt like a right muppet.
    So glad it worked out. 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘She said yes!’ is closed to new replies.