Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Shaving oil……… any good?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

It sounds horrible but does it work well? Going away for a week and want something small to take. Would rather have a small tube of cream but might not be able to get it in time.

oddjob
    Free Member

Works sort of OK for that sort of situation, but I wouldn't use it all the time.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have a teeny-weeny bottle for smallness. And also because the smell of mine appears to appeal to women. Or did, to woman. I don't claim it works all the time more than 60% of the time. 🙂

soobalias
    Free Member

works great, i recommend you get a couple of uses in at home first.

i used to get away with cold water and oil on holidays.

can leave a bit of a residue on your face

eckinspain
    Free Member

Used to use it and liked it but found it would "gum up" my razor quite quickly (especially ones with more blades).

cynic-al
    Free Member

I had great experience of Body Shop stuff, they stopped making it then I tried KoS which blocked up my razor, so I went to cream.

stumpy01

Used to use it and liked it but found it would "gum up" my razor quite quickly (especially ones with more blades).

I don't like it because of this. It's really hard to clear the razor as the cut hairs cling to the baldes due to the oil.

molgrips
    Free Member

Works, and is good for two reasons – the bottle is tiny, and you don't end up having to wash loads of foam off and risk leaving a bit behind your ear 🙂

woody2000

Just use olive oil

BigDummy
    Free Member

Just use olive oil

I refer the honourable gentleman to the second point in my earlier post, and enquire whether in his experience this works all the time even 10% of the time. 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

Hmmmm, although it probably does work I'm still not convinced. Ordered a small tube of Trumpers Coconut Oil cream instead, not cheap so I'm hoping it's great 🙂

woody2000

Mediterranean women like it 🙂

Bimbler
    Free Member

I've been using Olive Oil (extra virgin, natch) for about 4 years. Works an absolute treat, doesn't gum up the blades – although I only get about 5 or maybe 6 shaves from a Mach 3 unlike the 20 or so that someone was saying on here the other day. Far superior to creams/gels/soap imo.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i found it to be useless.

oddjob
    Free Member

Trumpers cream is fantastc stuff. I am using the rose one at the moment. Mrs Oddjob likes the smell and I like that it is bright pink 🙂

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

I found it made the rubber and the moisturising strip on my razor rot really quickly.

-m-
    Free Member

2 comments:

1) It gums up your razor (although you probably got the message on that one 🙂 )
    2) If you're travelling with it then when it leaks (and it will…) it gets everywhere and gums up everything – gels/creams are less prone to leaking in the first place and easier to wash out of the things they contaminate.

teef
    Free Member

it's rubbish – you can't see where you've shaved already and where is left to do

GavinT
    Free Member

It's shit, I hate it.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Shaving oil……… any good?’ is closed to new replies.